memorable roads

usaf6186

Veteran Expediter
Gotta go's and Idtrans's post in the natural high thread got me thinking, not always a good thing. What are some of your most memorable roads. Ones that stand out in your memory. They don't have to be interstates. I can think of a few. I-68 in western MD. I-70 in western CO heading east towards the tunnel. US-50 across the center of NV. The old pony express route called the loneliest road in America. Jerry Lee

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter
Went across I-70 a couple weeks ago and it started snowing.
The roads covered quickly with no place to park.. That was memorable, especially through the ski areas.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
aefd06ba-b01b-fb85.jpg

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
US 2 across Michigans upper peninsula

I once ran US 2 from Wisconsin through Montana back about a hundred years or so. That was great.

Lots of roads, lots of country. Right now the panhandle of Texas on 287, taking a break and changing drivers. Heading up through the panhandle and the smell of natural gas in the air and trying to figure out how to get some in my tank.:p

moose

Veteran Expediter
M25 motorway in London and beyond . renting a car on a co-op Credit card, just to see if we can drive on the wrong side ...
you can't fix stupidity, but you can surly enjoy it ! :)

greg334

Veteran Expediter
M25 motorway in London and beyond . renting a car on a co-op Credit card, just to see if we can drive on the wrong side ...
you can't fix stupidity, but you can surly enjoy it ! :)

You know Moose, the brits at one time were going to convert the entire country to the proper side of the road, they had everything ready to join the rest of the world but someone in some little town complained that the roundabouts would not work properly, claiming they were designed to go one way and only one way so they stuck with the messed up way of driving.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You know Moose, the brits at one time were going to convert the entire country to the proper side of the road, they had everything ready to join the rest of the world but someone in some little town complained that the roundabouts would not work properly, claiming they were designed to go one way and only one way so they stuck with the messed up way of driving.

Rest of the world? Has Japan changed? It's not messed up in England, works for them.

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
I once ran US 2 from Wisconsin through Montana back about a hundred years or so. That was great.

Lots of roads, lots of country. Right now the panhandle of Texas on 287, taking a break and changing drivers. Heading up through the panhandle and the smell of natural gas in the air and trying to figure out how to get some in my tank.

We did that route last winter from Regina loved it!
We stopped at a little diner in a mining town that had a pet deer.
Sure I have pics somewhere...
IMG_7260.jpg

IMG_7264.jpg

IMG_7280.jpg

IMG_7384.jpg

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
If you go at the right time of the year the 2 Hwy (if memory serves) is really cool..
I didn't realize till we stopped that sunflowers actually turn to face the sun as it moves over the sky..
-6712ed.jpg

012-2.jpg

-6695.jpg

-6770.jpg

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
One day I will figure out how to attach pictures.
Anyway Almost there, I84 Idahooooo fixing to cross into Oregooon.

Went through some really bad weather hope it's better after the turn around.