May location and other nonsense

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Unfortunately they do. But if we're late 15 minutes, we're fried.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using EO Forums mobile app

I just love the customers that know this..:rolleyes:.....and keep you waiting at the door for 1 hour and 55 minutes while they make more parts....

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just love the customers that know this..:rolleyes:.....and keep you waiting at the door for 1 hour and 55 minutes while they make more parts....

When I was with Thompson, there was a supplier in Oshawa we were going to very regularly that loved to play that game. The truck would be ordered for 2200 and you'd be out of there at midnight. About the 3rd time I was there, I asked why they just didn't order the truck for midnight. He said they needed to get as many parts out as they could. I said he could ask for the truck to come at midnight and still be doing that. He just gave me a dirty look and walked away.

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Unfortunately they do. But if we're late 15 minutes, we're fried.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using EO Forums mobile app

This one was on the phone with dispatch off and on for 2 hours saying they didn't have a load coming...:what:

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Dropped in Lima Oh. this morning and had a dock leg break, sounded like it stripped. So heading to Toledo to get it checked out.....:banghead:

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
for those on the Mex.border....

In case you haven't looked at your calendar, today is May 5th—or Cinco de Mayo. It's a Mexican holiday.

they dont really celebrate cinco de mayo in mexico. more of a mexican / american celebration.

Hyperdrive

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Lodi Oh TA looks like Panthers Driver's lounge parking lot. LOL
This Landstar Express looking mighty lonely.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Out of service, laying over in Humble, TX, where we discovered last night a wonderful barbeque restaurant: Pappa's. Great food and free ice cream cones too! Pappa's has a number of locations around the country. Now that we know them, we'll be keeping an eye open for their other stores.

Last edited:

ScottInBama

Expert Expediter
Driver
Waupun, Wisconsin to Poplar Bluff, Missouri. Been awhile since we've picked up on a Sunday. Not complaining.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Weekend off in paulsboro nj not by choice! However I did get to wash all my windows and fix roof fan!

guido4475

Not a Member
Out of service, laying over in Humble, TX, where we discovered last night a wonderful barbeque restaurant: Pappa's. Great food and free ice cream cones too! Pappa's has a number of locations around the country. Now that we know them, we'll be keeping an eye open for their other stores.

Nothing beats Mark's Feed store in Louisville on Dixie highway. Awesome.

21cExp

Veteran Expediter

Pappa's in TX is generally a good bet, though a chain. There's a nice one in downtown Houston I like a lot. They're the same family, Greek, I believe, who run Pappadeuxs (seafood), Pappisitos (Mexican), and Pappas, and maybe others.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Spent the last 2 weeks up in Canada. Did an Edmonton AB, a Saskatoon SK and a Fort McMurray AB. Kept running back to ND for the freight. (Yes, I got paid for DH) Did a lot of cross docks in the states, then went back up. Finally last Friday got a load from ND back to Racine WI. Delivery was less then 20 miles from home. Was home by 10pm Friday. Stayed home Saturday and Sunday. Now I'm back on my way to Saskatoon SK with another Canada load. Possibly another week or 2 in Canada!!!!