Mattresses

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Wondering what type of mattresses everyone is using. Is anyone is using the latex mattresses and what their opinions are of them? We currently have a mattress that is 8 inches thick, 5 of high density foam, and 3 of memory foam. After two years of moving it around it is starting to be a bit uncomfortable, and looking at our options.

Thanks

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wondering what type of mattresses everyone is using. Is anyone is using the latex mattresses and what their opinions are of them? We currently have a mattress that is 8 inches thick, 5 of high density foam, and 3 of memory foam. After two years of moving it around it is starting to be a bit uncomfortable, and looking at our options.

Thanks

eyeballing those mattresses in the warehouse myself....

My Pragma beds was delivered last week...

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ours is on its way. Copycat!
I think it was FB you mentioned it....looked good so I bought it....the Quad single was 98 bucks, free shipping, and had it in 3 days...:) Thanks for the tip......now for that blue stripe....LOL

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Mine's a 6-inch standard foam mattress with a 3-inch memory foam topper laid on top. I had the 6-inch foam mattress made for me by a local upholstery place, 30 inches wide, then cut the memory foam to match. I cover it with a sheet and then sleep in (or rather on) a sleeping bag. It's on a permanent bunk so it doesn't get moved around at all. Just slept on.

guido4475

Not a Member
Ordered my pragma bed the other day, should be at he house this week.Looking for a mattress as well. This one I have, for some reason, has gone limp on me...I mean, soft, I mean, it is not memoryieeee foamy at all anymore.....just like a piece of foam in the warm weather.Now, when it is cold, it is fine.But, the warmer it gets, the worse it gets.Thinking about a regular spring mattress with my Wal-Mart 4" Memory foam topper on it.That one is real nice! Anyone come up with any ideas, please let me know.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The steering wheel is my pillow!

That explains the thing on your forehead. I always thought it was a birthmark.
MBsymbol1.jpg

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I never leave home without a reclining seat and a neck pillow. I have an air mattress as well, but when you're loaded there's no place for the air mattress. That reclining seat has probably saved my life more times than I can count.

guido4475

Not a Member
I bought a Sealy firm standard twin mattress from Menards for 100 bucks this evening.I figure this, combined with my 4" memory foam topper, should give me the firm support plus the comfort of memory foam.I'll test it out at home.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
I never leave home without a reclining seat and a neck pillow. I have an air mattress as well, but when you're loaded there's no place for the air mattress. That reclining seat has probably saved my life more times than I can count.

Really? I can count on one hand the times the van was loaded to the point I had to sleep in the seat.

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
I just use a simple camping air mattress works good for me and its pretty comfy. Would like to upgrade one day to a foam

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Hmmm... that pragma bed looks pretty cool! Thanks for the idea!

Dale

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hmmm... that pragma bed looks pretty cool! Thanks for the idea!

Dale
I got the quad right here in front of me....it measures as advertised..
it is going to save me weight and volume....been through a dry run to fold it up and unfold it...pretty fast and smooth...

Marty

Veteran Expediter
Most fold up beds that I have tried are uncomfortable. The cross bars could be felt through the mattress. How is the Pragma bed in this respect?