March locations with banter

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Dennis, please post what your fuel mileage was like on your trip to FL.
Thanks

Your best bet, hire a vet! Please.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
From Monroe Mi to Georgetown Ky i got 13.2..:D mostly flat land..

from Georgetown Ky to Dalton GA...it dropped to 12.3 with the mountains....

from Dalton to Cecil GA it was at 12.7

from Cecil GA to Clearwater then running over to the TA in Tampa...it went back up to right at 13.0

That was with the majority of the driving done at 63 mph....

If i could get a consistent 13-13.5, I'd feel good about it, but there will be changes coming in the next few months to get it better...

1st will be a monitor and "tuner" for the computer and a lower restriction intake tube and air filter and a lower restriction exhaust which might just be a replacement of the muffler since it has 3 inch piping from the cat back now...

Then an axle ratio change looks like it will be next. Thinking i can run a 3:42 and be ok, but it will at least be a 3:73 to run the motor slower at highway speeds...I was considering the Gear Ventures over/under drive unit and that still might happen, but I can make all of the above changes and still not have the cost of that unit involved and they will help...

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Thanks Dennis, not bad. Not great, but not bad. The changes should help.

How much did the load weigh?

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
Just dropped at Target in Johnson City, TN. We aren't feeling well. Think we (at least me) got food poisening in Ill. last night. I have been out of commission all day and still don't feel better. Staying the night in the Target parking lot. See what tomorow brings.

Was predispatched to Dallas TX but load cancelled. Kinda glad it did since I am not feeling well and it would be my turn to drive.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

comet_4298

Seasoned Expediter
Parked at the Walmart in Urbana,OH.

I sure thought I would get a call......with me camping between Dayton and Columbus.

Anyway got the new hard drive put in and the new MiFi up and running.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Joe called around 7pm for a pick 200 miles away going to Brook Park...in Danville now for an AM pick....:D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I thought he posted 6750 scale ticket before he added all the "stuff". 4k seems to be really pushing it!

Look again...I believe he posted about 5900 empty before...

and Remember that chassis is on a 12,600 frame...so there is wiggle room...especially in a CV...

I stand corrected from his first post

I drove down to the Cat Scale at the Pilot on alexis rd and I-75 in Toledo to get it weighted, as it sits with all of the above done and me in the truck it was 6750 lb....:D That works for me.

and that was BEFORE he added all the toys...

Last edited:

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Look again...I believe he posted about 5900 empty before...

and Remember that chassis is on a 12,600 frame...so there is wiggle room...especially in a CV...

I stand corrected from his first post

and that was BEFORE he added all the toys...

So he will probably be a hair over 7k when all said and done. So 4k is not to bad over.

Isn't the 12600 for a DWR?

Dennis, what are the tires rated at?

Please chime in here.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
So he will probably be a hair over 7k when all said and done. So 4k is not to bad over.

Isn't the 12600 for a DWR?

Dennis, what are the tires rated at?

Please chime in here.

If you are going to be in a CV you have to stop thinking straight...*LOL*

We "twink" a bit down here...;)

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Yes..Guido still has periods of "straight" think and it is messing him up...*LOL*

I guess I am looking at it from a wear and tear standpoint.

On the new sprinter 170" wb with a GVWR of 8550 and a payload of 3005 # - about 700 for me, fuel and necessities makes for running at 9250 to get to the 3k mark. I know the tires can handle it. I think they are rated something like 5300 and some change. I was thinking more of wheel bearings and tranny for premature failure.

My head is spinning! Lol

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't care what others say about whether the Sprinter can handle the weight....I don't do heavy loads 3,000+ and my maintenance records or lack of them, speak volumes...
how much extra income vs repair costs..warrants the heavy loads?

I've read repairs like broken wheel rims? that is unheard of....drive shafts, hanger bearings, wheel bearings, axel seals, excessive brake wear.....600,000 miles and not one related item....

and throw in the related downtime and the misery factor...

Last edited: