MARCH LOCATIONS spring is on it's way

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
I do pretty good with panther. but friday got the best of me. first out all day at detroit where they get 17 aday and not one offer. that smells like a fish and it probably is. im thinking what to do next . m a ybe tryhours

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
I was stuck in michigan all week(from lansing board back to romulus ) with less then 700 miles all week (twovcancelled loads going to texas) if that makes you feel better. But if Express 1 is going to be making 4 billion by 2016, they are probably goung to end up buying Try Hours.
http://m.seekingalpha.com/article/1275281

Last edited:

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
Yeah, I know what you mean, but I think Panther (with the support of ABF) is going to be the last man standing after next financial crisis.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I know its the way it goes but at least offer me some junk so I know my first out meant something

You were booming for a while, now you're busting. That has less to do with Panther than it has to do with the expediting business in general. You might have a bad week or two and then it will be back to feasting again. I always thought the same way as you. I'd have one or two bad weeks and be ready to jump over to another company. That's not the answer. Panther has one of the biggest customer bases in the industry. You'd be selling yourself short to go anywhere else.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I know its the way it goes but at least offer me some junk so I know my first out meant something

you know..I know, a first out means very little....nearly every carrier, even mine has that rule...and yet it gets forgotten about on the next load out...LOL...I wouldn't get too jacked up about it...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
He's awake. Dang it!

had one of them loads late Friday night that ran into the mid morning...my sleeping is upset...this is expedite so it is always "upset"...LOL

I have a"Blizzard" alert on my phone and that ain't the Weather Channel....L

Last edited:

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
You were booming for a while, now you're busting. That has less to do with Panther than it has to do with the expediting business in general. You might have a bad week or two and then it will be back to feasting again. I always thought the same way as you. I'd have one or two bad weeks and be ready to jump over to another company. That's not the answer. Panther has one of the biggest customer bases in the industry. You'd be selling yourself short to go anywhere else.

And, one of the biggest fleets!!

dolphin

Seasoned Expediter
Pittsburgh , Pa to Rock HIll,Sc 1st real load after a dry run. Went from 30-35f to 80f lol. Went to buy some cooler clothes yesterday.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Picked up a load in Aurora CO going to Oklahoma City OK, cant deliver till tomorrow morning, sitting at the same Pilot that I spent the night at when I was on my way to California last week.....

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Memphis Tn. In the hotel waiting for the next 3 days of orientation at ozark. I'm blessed right now.

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
Sept-Iles, Quebec, way up around the north side of the Gulf of St Lawrence. Delivered some crane lacings at a huge mining operation.

Last four hundred miles getting here on 138--from Quebec City northeast along the St Lawrence--was like driving the Cabot Trail in Nova Scotia or Rt1 thru Big Sur; amazing vistas, had to ferry across one river, 10 and 12 degree hills climbing from sea level to over 2500ft in short distances, and wound around the ins and outs of the shoreline like a snake. Lots of wind, sanded roads, etc. Slow going, for sure, though the big trucks that run 138 all the time know the curves and are pretty slick in the way they power the steep grades.

Blowing like hell up here tonight and town is about all closed up.

Population here is around 26,000 and is 93% French. Virtually no signage in English and most vendors can tell the minute I walk in I'm "from away."

Have to run empty out of here tomorrow, I'm sure, but it sure is a pretty place with interesting people and well worth some exploration.

Last edited: