March Banter and Location

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Freight finally cleared, so naptime, del in Windsor in the morn, then the yard.

Dale

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Just a question......Total rate per mile..does that include FSC...???

Yes it does, and that is all miles.

I don't turn down many loads. One load leads to another and one load does not make a week, month, or quarter. Sitting somewhere and turning down a load because it pays a little less doesn't make sense to me especially if you are sitting in a bad area. It's the cumulative rate per mile you should be looking at.

I negotiate from time to time if there is a long deadhead. I don't expect miracles, and I appreciate just being able to negotiate. It wasn't possible elsewhere.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yes it does, and that is all miles.

I don't turn down many loads. One load leads to another and one load does not make a week, month, or quarter. Sitting somewhere and turning down a load because it pays a little less doesn't make sense to me especially if you are sitting in a bad area. It's the cumulative rate per mile you should be looking at.

I negotiate from time to time if there is a long deadhead. I don't expect miracles, and I appreciate just being able to negotiate. It wasn't possible elsewhere.

Weare on the same thought pattern...scary eh?....LOL

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Ok, off to bed. Have to get up early for the MATS Driver Fitness Walk! (i think i can, i think i can....)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
PS.. side note.. how long does it usually take for Livingston to clear our PARS here? Faxed at 11ish this morning, as of a little while ago, still not cleared.
Depends on what time you put down as your ETA at the border. They generally won't even look at it until about an hour before the time you tell them you'll be there. Put down s way early time to get it cleared quicker.

Work4free

Active Expediter
Wow what a day at the MATS......record crowd.....and on a Thursday......man.....it was packed.......there all day till 6pm and only got thru the west wing. I bet Saturday will be so packed.........Hey John we gonna cook here....or you just gonna take us all out to eat. :cool: The rain started last night about 12am........I will be getting up early to go see the mud races at the truck show when the beer wears off them drivers sleeping it off.....and all them big trucks wake up in a foot of mud in their parking lot......last year the bob-tails were draging the tractor trailers out .....it looked like 4 wheel races......what a show......tow trucks had a field day......hmmmmmm glad i checked the weather and parked on blacktop at papa john's.......

Last edited:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Good Morning from foggy Lamar PA....back up and on the road to Conn after a few hr nap...1st cup of coffee and a Red Bull down..thinkin I need a "Cinnabon"....;)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Woke up very early..decided I didn't like where I was and did a little repositioning to cover a better moving market, to optimize my load opportunities...:rolleyes:..back to bed...

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
I went over a drivers numbers with him yesterday in the yard. He ran about 6 months last year. Overall the rate per loaded mile is alittle lower this year. The 2 things that hurt his overall is dh is up and fsc is down on the loads from the middle of Feb to present. Fsc was averaging about 22%.

I'm still working on the numbers for my truck. I haven't looked at that stuff for about 7 months. The last 5 loads at a glance is not good, but he was also in crappy areas. And 5 loads don't make a big picture.

As far as the Sprinter is concerned. Most loads are exceptionally good. Overall rate is good. Load count needs to improve.

One thing I found unique, the fsc in the Sprinter much better this year compared to the other drivers fsc in the s/t based the loaded miles. I guess that might depend on geographic and customer contracts.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
MT in Canton, MS

Im going to take a nap then head for the house. I did talk to Chris and he put a note in the system that I only wanted a load toward home....Im guessing that my nap will be uninterrupted...lol.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Sponsoring pizza out at Papa Johns parking lot Saturday night, Gottago is setting all that up.

Just start driver fitness walk this morning. Me and Nick, what a sight, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
MT in Canton, MS

Im going to take a nap then head for the house. I did talk to Chris and he put a note in the system that I only wanted a load toward home....Im guessing that my nap will be uninterrupted...lol.

Fat chance..might as well live in SD....LOL I wish I could get as close as you are now....