March Banter and Location

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Jenny wrote:

Our numbers/rate per mile were actually higher the first quarter this year than last years fourth.

Me too Jenn. Late last week with all of the talk about sitting and not making money had me thinking, so i ran my numbers from the same time frame in 2011 (1/4 to 3/16) against the same time frame this yr 2012...

Yeap i have sat more...45 runs in 2011 30 in 2012...i have run less..1366 less loaded miles and 1294 less DH miles...but someting funny happened when i added up the last numbers...the income to the truck...it was $2097.52 higher....on 2650 less total miles run....Don't tell me rates are down...oh and the total income does not reflect the income from run #15...don't know why I add the run into the count but not the income...

Sorry John, but i am just tired of hearing this "stuff"...

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I wonder if many are not looking at year over year or looking at 4th qtr versus 1st qtr?

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I wonder if many are not looking at year over year or looking at 4th qtr versus 1st qtr?

Like Dennis, I am tired of the numbers game. I ran my fourth quarter and first quarter numbers.

Loaded miles are down 6.2%
DH miles are down 5.7%
Total miles are down 6.1%
Total revenue including FSC is down 6.6%
Total rate per mile is up 9.3%

Obviously, there is no $.30 per mile drop.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Like Dennis, I am tired of the numbers game. I ran my fourth quarter and first quarter numbers.

Loaded miles are down 6.2%
DH miles are down 5.7%
Total miles are down 6.1%
Total revenue including FSC is down 6.6%
Total rate per mile is up 9.3%

Obviously, there is no $.30 per mile drop.

Just a question......Total rate per mile..does that include FSC...???

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
in my book it does. our miles are down also but revenue is up. didnt figure % but did compare.

we also totally agree with kens statement on negotiation, or simply the other end knowing what it will take. 90 % of the time they do or we just tell them. its just that simple. they either get what you need to run for or if its so far off you either turn it down or meet somewhere in the middle.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
in my book it does. our miles are down also but revenue is up. didnt figure % but did compare.

we also totally agree with kens statement on negotiation, or simply the other end knowing what it will take. 90 % of the time they do or we just tell them. its just that simple. they either get what you need to run for or if its so far off you either turn it down or meet somewhere in the middle.
Ya see we do have some crappy paying loads....Laredo last quarter....we were doing 70 -80 cent loads just to get out....it is not beyond the realm of possibility that some poor Gecko got hit with every crap load....and Ron just happened to come across him...Turtles run last night...initial offer .76....

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Hey, my miles and income to the truck is WAY up over this time last year... oh .. wait... nevermind... :cool:

Stopped to take a nap enroute here.. delivering in Windsor in the morn... been a crazy trip. Voice went out on the GPS,(fixed) blinkers stopped working (fixed) dropped computer in parking lot (won't power up, dropped at doc, got loaner)...sliced my finger on my tape measure (right behind fingernail on little finger, was a bleeder..)... and the blower relay is out so I have high fan only (stopping at shop after del tomorrow).. oh.. and my scanner quit (getting new one at yard tomorrow)

Enough!

Dale

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Hey, my miles and income to the truck is WAY up over this time last year... oh .. wait... nevermind... :cool:

Stopped to take a nap enroute here.. delivering in Windsor in the morn... been a crazy trip. Voice went out on the GPS,(fixed) blinkers stopped working (fixed) dropped computer in parking lot (won't power up, dropped at doc, got loaner)...sliced my finger on my tape measure (right behind fingernail on little finger, was a bleeder..)... and the blower relay is out so I have high fan only (stopping at shop after del tomorrow).. oh.. and my scanner quit (getting new one at yard tomorrow)

Enough!

Dale

hey Dale...have a good day!;)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Enough!

Dale

So what do you do in your spare time?.....LOL

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
So what do you do in your spare time?.....LOL

The same thing we do every night, Pinky - try to take over the world! Haahahahahaahaaaaa... oh wait, wrong forum...

Dale

PS.. side note.. how long does it usually take for Livingston to clear our PARS here? Faxed at 11ish this morning, as of a little while ago, still not cleared.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army

Enough!

Dale

Holy water?