March Banter and Location

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Im not a coffee drinker, but I did try one of the Monster "Java" drinks yesterday and it wasnt bad at all. Does anyone drink those? I have never been a fan of the "energy" drinks because of the "crash" effect when they wear off.

Never heard of it...and I don't do energy drinks either....cept coffee and sometimes the Stok shots in coffee...

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Im not a coffee drinker, but I did try one of the Monster "Java" drinks yesterday and it wasnt bad at all. Does anyone drink those? I have never been a fan of the "energy" drinks because of the "crash" effect when they wear off.

I do NOT function without coffee...guess it's the norwegian in me..it's a family trait to have a cup in your hand...

nope...don't do energy drinks at all...I figure when my body is tired (being retired now) I can go sneak a quick nap in...*l*

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
Just heard on the radio the fleet one card being accepted at the bp stations now does this include us

Sent from my VS920 4G using EO Forums

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I am not sure inspire would be the right word, lol.

Well truck board looks pretty good. Only one unit in the fleet sitting 48 hours (way to go Rocketman, lol) Only 3 more over 24 hours.... hmmmmmmmm. Wonder how many other carriers can say that right now?

guido4475

Not a Member
I spoke with one of the drivers last night to clarify. Yep, down .30 per mile. Mostly due to longer dh miles. According to him, when he asks for more money, the dispatcher response is " I have other trucks in the area". I will say that response happened to me once. I thought I was back at Panther or this new guy must of been at Panther!

I think deadhead miles may be higher because it is more difficult to find the good paying freight.As far as a dispatcher responding in that way, It hasn't happened to me yet, because I don't ask what the load pays to begin with.(They may be frustrated at the low rates being posted)
I trust that they got the best rate they could get right from the beginning.Deadhead doesn't bother me, as long as the all mile pay is what I like it to be, and, so far, it has worked out good by doing business this way.Load One is far in many good ways to be compared to any of the others.

Waiting for the coil packs to come in, and then put those on and new plugs while the mechanic will be there on the engine.Alot of small stuff to do in the meantime.He's only charging me $40.00 labor to change the plugs and coil packs, and Ford dealer wanted $103.00 each for the coil packs, I found All 8 on e-bay,OEM, for $165.00.Over $600.00 savings alone..Enjoying the weather, with as hot as it is.If it is this hot in the spring, how hot is it going to be in the summer??

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Our numbers/rate per mile were actually higher the first quarter this year than last years fourth.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Xparent Pink Tapatalk

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Only one unit in the fleet sitting 48 hours (way to go Rocketman, lol)

Well...ummmm...yeah, thanks...alot...I think...lol :D

Was hoping for another week at least as good as last week. It going to take a pretty good stroke of luck at this point though. One really decent load would get me within "minimum" range for the week though.

I had considered going home at the first of the week since I was within about 250 miles, but I wasnt sure if some furniture I had on order was there yet. Got a phone call today saying that it is at the store....so...if no loads, I may put it in the wind.

As quickly as the weather is warming up, Im thinking I need that generator installed and an a/c of some kind ready to use.

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
I am not sure inspire would be the right word, lol.

Well truck board looks pretty good. Only one unit in the fleet sitting 48 hours (way to go Rocketman, lol) Only 3 more over 24 hours.... hmmmmmmmm. Wonder how many other carriers can say that right now?

If I don't get a load today I will be stopping by MATS tonight.
I bet I get dispatched pretty quick.... lol

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The better ones negotiating skill are, the higher the overall rate....well in my case....
My favourite line.....How much do you want?....Everything you have in it and you keep the cost of a Timmies for John.....LOL