March Banter and Location

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
Today isn't my day had 2 dry runs. One was to heavy and one canceled after deadheading 100+ miles . Gonna head to lansing hope for some better luck

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm calmed down now lol... just got my dander up...ya cant let a customer dictate safety. I understand the need for speed.. but I wager "most" drivers don't run 1000 miles full out straight thru.... ya run fast enough to build up a break, stretch your legs, etc... then get there on time... if customer can demand faster average than 50 mph or so, over 1000 miles, they are demanding you be unsafe, in my opinion. They should be told 50 mph avg, not fast as possible straight thru. Sure Im gonna drive 65-70 where its legal lol .. and I will need a short break... dispatched at 50 gives me that time. But I dont wanna be told I absolutely CAN'T stop, even if I built up the time.

Dale

I got the reverse problem this weekend. Too much time (Delivers Monday) and nowhere to sleep :(

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I just delivered in Chattanooga. It's hot here. All weekend. Bring your flip-flops. I just picked up a load in Atlanta, and when traffic finally clears out I'm heading to somewhere in SE Michigan (shocking, I know) for Monday delivery. In the meantime I'll sleeping the good sleep for the first time all week. Been running quite a bit. If it weren't for the ability to sleep while loaded, I'd have never been able to do anywhere near what I've done this week.

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
Anyone ever wash out the rears of the sprinters? Somehow the generator leaked a little bit of gas was wanting to spray it out once this load deliveries Monday

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
yeap, pulled in the wash bay, soaped the cargo floor, used a broom on it and then rinsed

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Should ad it was a.hot sunny day so I was able to open it up and let it dry.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Empty in Louisville Ky....OOS...getting an alignment and new rt ft tire in the morning...not a happy camper....but no one to blame but myself....

guido4475

Not a Member
Empty in Louisville Ky....OOS...getting an alignment and new rt ft tire in the morning...not a happy camper....but no one to blame but myself....

Ken Lowry's tire center, at the intersection of Wal Mart and the road going to The Ford plant...Chamberlain? Is an excellent place to deal with also.Sorry about you're luck, Dennis.I passed you last night on you're way down.