March 2019 .. Locations & More

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Expediting - Money for nothing and you chicks for free.

Just ask Ntimevan. Check YouTube if you don't believe me. Lots of videos show how easy Expediting is. Expediting 101, buy a 15 year old van, add it to your home owners insurance, then post questions about who you should sign on with or where you get loads.

Mark, you're making me cynical

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app
Yeah , and I've heard that the You Tube Expediting Producers "secretly " live in N J ....

Reactions: NorthernBill

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Who knew taking twelve 5 gallon gas cans to the Indian reserve violated hazmat...
van-accident-lawyer.jpg

guido4475

Not a Member
Either way, its cheaper to find out on yours than on one with payments :)

One of the reasons why I am leaning towards keeping my ultra dependable van. Sure, I keep looking at new vans, the temptation. But than, I read of the many posts on here of those who are experiencing repairs, and repair bills, on top of the payments. No thank you. So many seem to forget the the van is supposed to work for us, not us working for the van.

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
One of the reasons why I am leaning towards keeping my ultra dependable van. Sure, I keep looking at new vans, the temptation. But than, I read of the many posts on here of those who are experiencing repairs, and repair bills, on top of the payments. No thank you. So many seem to forget the the van is supposed to work for us, not us working for the van.

I’m a newbie, so it made sense for me to get a new van, baby it, and hopefully it will be a reliable, long term money maker.

If I had a paid for, reliable van, I wouldn’t consider buying new.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: NorthernBill

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I’m a newbie, so it made sense for me to get a new van, baby it, and hopefully it will be a reliable, long term money maker.
Could go both ways. I did the same thing, and my entire family now has a ban on not only new vehicles, but dealers

Edit: sorry not even, over "near new" vehicle

Reactions: Solar

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Could go both ways. I did the same thing, and my entire family now has a ban on not only new vehicles, but dealers

Edit: sorry not even, over "near new" vehicle

True
I did it so as things need “maintenance”, I will learn, learn what to look for, what to avoid, etc. I’m kind of mechanically inclined, but I know zip about vans. After this van, and hopefully the knowledge that comes with it, I’ll be confident on purchasing “near new” or even older vans.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

guido4475

Not a Member
I always forget that everybody isn't comfortable tearing apart a transmission or engine :laughing: Carry on...

Transmissions can be internally intimidating. Tons of tiny parts. Tried to rebuild one once. Ended up with extra parts after I was done.....lol. I just replace them now. I'll change the torque converter, trans pump, filters, and seals, but thats it.

Engines, I've rebuilt too many to count. Still have all the tools, ridge reamer, cylinder honer, valve lapper, valve spring compressor, etc. Never be in a hurry, reassemble the parts exactly where they came from, use plenty of assembly lube, and always prime the oil pump and engine while on the stand. Extreme cleanliness.

Working on cars is what kept me out of trouble in my early teen years to current. Anyone is capable of working on cars. Never set limits.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
For you drivers coming out on Canadian loads:

The 407 toll highway, during peak times, works out to 0.63 cents a mile in US dollars

Be very sure you need this when heading out (and I have a transponder, video toll charge used to be another $10 or so usd)

Course heading across the 401 could average 10 mph for 60 miles some days

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Didn't you know? You work for the man, and the van's the new man!

Reactions: brokcanadian