March 2019 .. Locations & More

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Close enough?

IMG_4824.JPG

Since I would hope no one would come this close to the trash can and not put it in, it was tossed from a car. But, you never know

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: brokcanadian

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Trucker question. I know you have a TWIC card over there. Is that what you need for airports? Our certification now needs yearly renewal

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
And suddenly, with all the extra education, I've decided to get my motorcycle license to celebrate.

I'm only interested in dirt, but with the price of gas, I think carrying it to the trails is over

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Insurance came in $80 a month more expensive. Does this reflect everyone's experience out there?
Here in 'Merica insurance is WAY different from State to state. Full commercial coverage can run from $2500 to $12,000 in different states based on
Driver Age
Driving Record
Deductible
Credit Rating
Lawsuit Threshold
Coverage distance
Vehicle Age
There really is no comparison that is consistent.

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I know, but I changed nothing and it went up. I pay $5900 cdn now, and paid $4900 last year.

It would be nice to have some sort of idea where it would be 5 years from now

guido4475

Not a Member
Here in 'Merica insurance is WAY different from State to state. Full commercial coverage can run from $2500 to $12,000 in different states based on
Driver Age
Driving Record
Deductible
Credit Rating
Lawsuit Threshold
Coverage distance
Vehicle Age
There really is no comparison that is consistent.

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

Screw that. I enjoy my 18 bucks a week for full coverage through Load One.

I never understood why many prefer to pay so much for primary insurance only to haul cheap rate freight. It doesn't add up. Work smarter, not harder.

I heard from a very reliable and trustworthy source that a multicarrier was parked next to him, leaving out to run a load that was paying .45 cpm. .45cpm. REALLY??? Zero profit. Thats the kind of stupidity that is the root cause why our rates are in the sh#tter.

Reactions: NorthernBill

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
For the last week and a half I have been remodeling the kitchen, a project that the wife asked me to do for about 9 months now.

Three days ago I started up the truck to move it out of the way and I heard some intermittent noises coming out from the front of the engine. I had to put the kitchen on hold to figure out what was going on with the truck. I took the belt off and started the engine and the noise was gone. Good news.

Alternator bearings sounded really really dry so I ordered an alternator, but the alternator noise was somewhat different than the other noise I headed. So I replaced the alternator in like 30 minutes, but the original noise was still there. I ended up taking the belt back off and the fan and turning the water pump by hand made all kind of grinding noises and catching here and there. Bad water pump.

Removed everything off from the front of the engine, removed the water pump and it was really wobbly, wonder how it didnt leak already. So yesterday I took my old trusty sprinter on a 200 mile parts run and collected all the parts needed to put my truck back together. Between 2 dealers I was able to find all the parts except a hose that will be in tomorrow.
Hope I will be ready to get back on the road on Monday. I need a vacation after all this work. Lol.

On a side note, what a sweet running vehicle my sprinter is, even at 780k miles.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk