March 2019 .. Locations & More

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Oh nice. I'm also paying both public and private workers compensation.

Hopefully the pay is going to be worth the price long term. Cause I won't be paying all these extras as an independent. Isn't 35% of my gross enough?

Tick tock.

guido4475

Not a Member

Hopefully the pay is going to be worth the price long term. Cause I won't be paying all these extras as an independent. Isn't 35% of my gross enough?

Tick tock.

Thats why I love Load One, and the simplicity of being leased onto them. They couldn't make it any easier, with as few deductions as possible, with so many money saving features for the driver. In all honesty, it is the easiest company to make money at.

There are companies out there who not only make their money off the load, but the drivers as well, by charging them ridiculously high fees for anything they can think of, things like an "annual administrative fee" of $175.00. They also did not pay 100% of the FSC to the driver. So wrong. A $25.00 fee for getting a comcheck, with a comcheck dollar limit of $75.00. Each time the fuel card was swiped at the pumps it was a $3.50 fee. One more::::...lol..a $20.00 late fee if a BOL wasnt scanned within 24 hours of unloading.

I guess that this is an example of how some companies are, and the importance of asking for a list of all deductions and fees before signing on.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force

Tick tock.
Sure sounds difficult and complicated. Is it just the way your carrier is set up. I know a couple of Canadian "Emergency Sprinter" O/O's and haven't heard that they have some of your krap to deal with?

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sure sounds difficult and complicated. Is it just the way your carrier is set up. I know a couple of Canadian "Emergency Sprinter" O/O's and haven't heard that they have some of your krap to deal with?

You should have seen it 10 years ago! They have good locals, I can't stay out anymore

Hope springs eternal. Nova Scotia run to end March with a bang

Edit: got an answer on a Saturday no less...i missed a minus sign, they are charging me then giving it back :rolleyes: That's Canada for you

Last edited:
Reactions: RoadTime

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Even today, i shake my head when i hear guys want more miles.
Why?
In my case I am combining income while experiencing and enjoying the whole country. But, of course, as a team we can eat up the miles. When I started out solo I wanted the miles for the money BUT quickly learned 1000+ miles alone was hard work.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In my case I am combining income while experiencing and enjoying the whole country. But, of course, as a team we can eat up the miles. When I started out solo I wanted the miles for the money BUT quickly learned 1000+ miles alone was hard work.

Lol ... now 300 miles is pushing your Limit ....

...$$$$

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
To my shock and delight, we got out of Laredo the next morning! 1800 miles and 26 lbs, to the Buffalo area. Was supposed to get a home load (actually to Jersey, but 100 miles too far is close enough), but the shipper decided to send it on Monday, so we came home on our own dime. Only 250 miles, won’t kill us

There’s a shudder to investigate; my first thought is a U-joint. Soon as the coffee kicks in, I’ll go get it looked at.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Took a couple days to get the shudder fixed; nothing but a bad alignment

After the repair we went back in service, but in the meantime the freight dried up. Was home until just this past Wednesday. It’s good to be home, but eventually the cash flow slows.

So Wednesday: PA to WI.
Thursday: WI to NE.
Now at the J in Gretna.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Went grocery shopping.

12v Dometic started up. Beautiful fridge. Had it in storage for a bit

Time to start whittling away at high costs

Reactions: RoadTime

guido4475

Not a Member
Had a pretty good week revenue wise. Much needed. On my way home stopped at a girls house that I was chatting online with for a couple of weeks. We never verbally talked until last night. How dating had changed. So fast moving, etc. Came home, giving this Anytime Fitness my best and try and get my physical poop together. Signed up. Changed the oil, etc, on the van, replaced an exhaust hangar, just gave it a real good going over before the cold front with snow accumulations predicted comes in supposedly tonight. Laundry, workout, visit with Mom tomorrow, than 4 doctors appointments Monday and Tuesday. Than back to work.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Long slow drive for Monday morn.

Wind off the St Lawrence is so strong, it made my Sprinter drop a gear by itself and stay there

Always miss the best pics gawking, the Appalachian mountains actually go up this far. (These few are Eastern Quebec. Plenty of online pics of how huge the Montreal and Quebec City areas are, where I saw my first Prevost dealership with about 50, million $$ plus rv's)

20190331_114158.jpg20190331_114223.jpgIMG_20190331_131334376.jpg

Wonder how far above the guardrail the snow was when it was below freezing

Now in Edmunston NB goofing around

Last edited:
Reactions: ntimevan

guido4475

Not a Member
Long slow drive for Monday morn.

Wind off the St Lawrence is so strong, it made my Sprinter drop a gear by itself and stay there

Always miss the best pics gawking, the Appalachian mountains actually go up this far. (These few are Eastern Quebec. Plenty of online pics of how huge the Montreal and Quebec City areas are, where I saw my first Prevost dealership with about 50, million $$ plus rv's)

View attachment 18831View attachment 18832View attachment 18833

Wonder how far above the guardrail the snow was when it was below freezing

Now in Edmunston NB goofing around

Millennium coaches. The only way to go. I figure 5 more years at Load One and I'll have the starting price of 2 million saved up...

• Haha
Reactions: brokcanadian