March 2019 .. Locations & More

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There are so many beautiful places in this country.
Yes there are...

DI-01245-092-768x513.jpg

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Griz, you must have been on the right side of the Rockies. We we're on the left side, heading west on US-50 just off I-15. It wasn't pretty there!
View attachment 18789

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

Right, left, center .... I was all over the place.

Rough time to be out there, dodging bullets from Mother Nature constantly. 70 through the Rockies was like running the gauntlet, I missed an avalanche by 2 days & barely got through before a storm rolled in. I got outta Denver 2 days before that bomb cyclone ... I read it was one of the strongest storms they've ever recorded in that area. And the wind was a constant battle in every state .. couldn't escape it.

Right now, I'm soaking in my tub .. glad to be done with that stretch. Yesterday I hit a bullseye from Milwaukee to Fletcher, NC.

Now, where is my better half ...??

Last edited:

guido4475

Not a Member
Ended up deadheading home the other day to take care of some things. Aint no sense wasting time waiting for a decent paying load if there arent any out there to begin with. 9 days with only 1- 300 mile load...smh..sure, I turned down more loads than I wanted to, but I dont pimp myself out, either. Leave those garbage loads to those non- english speaking, underinsured cubers. Emptied out the van of winter items, and put summer things in. Took alot of unneeded things out as well. Had dinner with Mom at her assisted living home last night, than did laundry, haircut, shower, washed van, grocery shopped, and went to the Veterans cemetery in Rittman today to spend time with Dad. I was going to sign up at Anytime Fitness today, but the management leaves at 1pm on Saturdays. Next weekend, when I come home for my doctor's appointments, I guess.I am shocked at the lack of Panther vans in Lodi. Only 1 at the Pilot? I guess I'll continue to watch the Sopranos complete series... Such is life....

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I like the ideas but you guys don't understand. Taking my shoes off in the house evacuates a whole floor

Now alone in the washer with some Bounce beads, and plenty of detergent

It will work, or it won't I guess. After they come out I'll fill them with kitty litter and put them in the freezer

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Those chunks wash down the river from far away? They look pretty thick

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app
Probably less than 20 to 25 miles as there were Ice Jams up and down the river . Grandson is almost 40 " tall as to help estimate thickness of Ice . A good learning experience for him and its been in the 50's temperature wise for a couple days also ..

...$$$$

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Happy to report, shoes smell fresh as a summer breeze and look brand new. Kitty litter and freezer not required. Whatever they make them out of at Walmart supplier, its pretty durable

Also: took my final exam for Transport Dangerous Goods (HAZMAT in Americanese) and scored a 94% first try. Does that mean I have a 6% chance of melting into a puff of smoke?

guido4475

Not a Member
I like the ideas but you guys don't understand. Taking my shoes off in the house evacuates a whole floor

Now alone in the washer with some Bounce beads, and plenty of detergent

It will work, or it won't I guess. After they come out I'll fill them with kitty litter and put them in the freezer

My fatrs destroy people emotionally. They can be considered a inhalation hazard...lol..they are incredibly awesome....lol

Reactions: brokcanadian

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Happy to report, shoes smell fresh as a summer breeze and look brand new. Kitty litter and freezer not required. Whatever they make them out of at Walmart supplier, its pretty durable

Also: took my final exam for Transport Dangerous Goods (HAZMAT in Americanese) and scored a 94% first try. Does that mean I have a 6% chance of melting into a puff of smoke?
Only if you are pulling a tanker. Lol

Reactions: brokcanadian