March 2016, where are you going ??

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Nice, they are keeping you rolling...dispatchers getting to know of you....
If I weren't running off recap hours I could've gotten closer to 3k paid miles this week. Running recap which severely hindered me I still got 2200 and change. I gotta say that 3 months in I really like averitt and my fleet manager Jeff. Night dispatch not so much but day shift I give two huge thumbs up too.

My paycheck for last week I get tomorrow I grossed $969.58 which I am very proud of

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
furthermore....look at your office staff....many have such young and inexperienced people bidding these loads trying to bargain with very experienced brokers and logistic staff and getting thier respective butts kicked.......you are only as good as the person negotiating on your behalf....

On a lot of loads there is no negotiating. The cheapest bid that pops up gets the load. It's like a brokers wet dream!

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I was running single and I was told its slow but if I was a team Id be Moving.. Really Now I am a Team and SLOW Oh Please.

Scargo

New Recruit
Back home after 3 weeks out. First 2 settlements in hand, and boy did I work hard for no bang. My 3rd settlement should be much improved because we had back to back runs once me, the truck, and dispatch finally got into a flow...but now I am feeling guilty that I haven't been on duty for 2 days. How long did it take the vets here to not feel like this is a slightly better profession than just becoming "Professional Homeless Person", which I assume is the next rung down? :( Seriously, I love the experience of being on the road, but I feel like someone who accepts every available load (like I have), would be on the plus side at least 2/3 of the time.

10 to 14 mpg Gas sub 10k box with 3 pallet deep 3500# capacity, generally 2/3 of that is used...low deadhead (on paper) I drive 5mph under most the time...where would you look?
I get 50% Gross of the 60% rate split after deductions....can I live/save on this are my biggest internal dialogue...

...over here pretending there is an egg under the gas pedal, slowly accelerating just like AAA sed.

Happy to at least build a 6 month jacket for a Big Rig licence sponsorship...but hoping this is doable.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Back home after 3 weeks out. First 2 settlements in hand, and boy did I work hard for no bang. My 3rd settlement should be much improved because we had back to back runs once me, the truck, and dispatch finally got into a flow...but now I am feeling guilty that I haven't been on duty for 2 days. How long did it take the vets here to not feel like this is a slightly better profession than just becoming "Professional Homeless Person", which I assume is the next rung down? :( Seriously, I love the experience of being on the road, but I feel like someone who accepts every available load (like I have), would be on the plus side at least 2/3 of the time.

10 to 14 mpg Gas sub 10k box with 3 pallet deep 3500# capacity, generally 2/3 of that is used...low deadhead (on paper) I drive 5mph under most the time...where would you look?
I get 50% Gross of the 60% rate split after deductions....can I live/save on this are my biggest internal dialogue...

...over here pretending there is an egg under the gas pedal, slowly accelerating just like AAA sed.

Happy to at least build a 6 month jacket for a Big Rig licence sponsorship...but hoping this is doable.

Does all this mean you are driving for a fleet owner in a cube truck? I'm slow. Maybe tipsy. Just trying to be clear on where you are in this,
Thanks!

Scargo

New Recruit
Does all this mean you are driving for a fleet owner in a cube truck? I'm slow. Maybe tipsy. Just trying to be clear on where you are in this,
Thanks!

No worries...I'm still trying to classify the type of idiocy I've entered into. laff.

I lease equipment as an independent contractor, and drive a cube van (1Ton 12' - 3pallet), under exclusive dispatch from one M.C.

Trying to figure out if its my efficiency, the bid rate, or deductions that are leaning out cashflow. --or I am outspending the 2 week holdback.

All I know is I did 8k miles in 21 days, and even my low expectations are not being met....or I am just newbie worrying, and all my pay is on week 3 settlement to come.

Last edited:

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
No worries...I'm still trying to classify the type of idiocy I've entered into. laff.

I lease equipment as an independent contractor, and drive a cube van (1Ton 12' - 3pallet), under exclusive dispatch from one M.C.

Trying to figure out if its my efficiency, the bid rate, or deductions that are leaning out cashflow. --or I am outspending the 2 week holdback.

All I know is I did 8k miles in 21 days, and even my low expectations are not being met....or I am just newbie worrying, and all my pay is on week 3 settlement to come.

Food for thought. You're doing 10-14 MPG. Your "competition" is getting about double that.

Reactions: FlyingVan