March 2016, where are you going ??

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Morning I see spring just down road a piece, oh and seen the first sign of spring, skunk roadkill!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
"Booked" Milwaukee to Versailles Ohio for a morning pick up..,. Looks like I might get hammered with snow during the night...

woke up to "Cancelled" Amended post: Got cancel pay:)...and didn't get that much snow here in the city of Milwaukee....Now stuck with being in the inner city of this dang place...
besides that.....Good morning gang! Happy March...:)

Last edited:
Reactions: NorthernBill

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
woke up to "Cancelled" No pay as they gave what they called sufficient notice....and didn't get that much snow here in the city of Milwaukee....Now stuck with being in the inner city of this dang place...
besides that.....Good morning gang! Happy March...:)

Uh, no. Thought you were napping. Texting your pay now. Just took a while to get it. We work behind the scenes, as you know.
Assumptions = Bad idea.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Uh, no. Thought you were napping. Texting your pay now. Just took a while to get it. We work behind the scenes, as you know.
Assumptions = Bad idea.
Thank you Murray.....that is a better way to wake up I suppose...something is always better then nothing...:)
your extra effort never goes unnoticed.....:)

Reactions: Unclebob and hazmat

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Good morning, gang.

My Sprinter got sick last week with a 'low fuel rail pressure' code. I was thinking, clogged filter. Replaced the filter in the walmart parking lot but that was not it. Drove home, did a few more tests myself, basically everything that I was able to do. Since I couldn't figure it out quickly I decided to drive it to Clemson, SC to visit the good Doktor A. He was able to reproduce the problem right there in his driveway. I ended up leaving the van for him to mess with and I got a ride to ATL to spend a few days with family.
Meanwhile I started looking for another van since I don't want to spend a ton of money on my rust bucket that I will need to scrap in a year or two. But no need for that.
Just got the call from Doktor A that it was my number 1 injector that was leaking too much fuel back to the tank, thus lowering the rail pressure too much. Well, I guess after who knows how many billions and billions of diesel sprits in the 760k miles, the injector failed. Since I had one injector as a spare, he put it in, and I should be able to get back in service tomorrow morning.
At least for now, the old lady escaped the grave yard. For how long? We shall see.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good morning, gang.

My Sprinter got sick last week with a 'low fuel rail pressure' code. I was thinking, clogged filter. Replaced the filter in the walmart parking lot but that was not it. Drove home, did a few more tests myself, basically everything that I was able to do. Since I couldn't figure it out quickly I decided to drive it to Clemson, SC to visit the good Doktor A. He was able to reproduce the problem right there in his driveway. I ended up leaving the van for him to mess with and I got a ride to ATL to spend a few days with family.
Meanwhile I started looking for another van since I don't want to spend a ton of money on my rust bucket that I will need to scrap in a year or two. But no need for that.
Just got the call from Doktor A that it was my number 1 injector that was leaking too much fuel back to the tank, thus lowering the rail pressure too much. Well, I guess after who knows how many billions and billions of diesel sprits in the 760k miles, the injector failed. Since I had one injector as a spare, he put it in, and I should be able to get back in service tomorrow morning.
At least for now, the old lady escaped the grave yard. For how long? We shall see.
thats really good news.....you know I've never had an injector fail in all these miles...had an injector gasket(oring) never an injector....

Reactions: FlyingVan

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
thats really good news.....you know I've never had an injector fail in all these miles...had an injector gasket(oring) never an injector....
I guess that you got new injectors when you replaced your engine.

This particular injector developed a slight case of 'black death' about 3 years ago that I repaired myself, but he said that this failure is not connected to the black death in any way. Just coincidence. The other 4 injectors remain untouched since they left the engine plant in Germany.

Reactions: Murraycroexp

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I guess that you got new injectors when you replaced your engine.

This particular injector developed a slight case of 'black death' about 3 years ago that I repaired myself, but he said that this failure is not connected to the black death in any way. Just coincidence. The other 4 injectors remain untouched since they left the engine plant in Germany.
your engine made in further then mine....I guess when it failed was the best thing that could happen really....because everything was original and I got all new when it was replaced so I never went thru all the replacement issues.....

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
At home and so is my van with its newly repaired driver's door. I'm in service but must be home Saturday to visit with my taxman.

Reactions: Turtle