Lrt

TSexpediter

Seasoned Expediter
Why did you closed LRT thread? That criminal own us a lot of money!!!!I thought it is a free forum. This are the real problems , when one of us is in trouble , and needs advice how to be paid for his work. John Petrus steal a lot of money from honest ,hard worker drivers. And what you do? Close the thread. Ok ,let's talk about cars and roses. Or soap operas. Let's put the thrash under the carpet.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Yes, and there are legal measures to be taken. People posting home addresses, and barely veiled threats of violence are NOT the correct way, and will not be tolerated here.

Dale

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have been ripped off myself a few times by shippers and carriers. Being a business owner and a professional Im all for telling and being told to watch your back with _________ inc. I find it gets old quickly when there are five pluss threads pounding on the same topic and the same company.
Some posts ive read are inapropiate and unprofessional. I say good for the moderator/s and or EO staff to remove them to keep the majority of us looking as professionals.
I know your sore, but as I said on a couple posts already Your actions will come back to you Good and bad. At this point its time to move on be A Professional and prove your A bigger person than them.

Bob Wolf.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Keep it simple.
If you were wronged, then hire a lawyer. The guy is currently out of business.
The freight fairy isn't going to collect your money owed for you.
Operate like a business. If you are owed, then hire a lawyer.
Anything else is basically whining if you aren't able to take action on your own.
No one likes to get shafted but it does happen in business.
Coming on here with threats and goofiness will at best get you a penny or two out of my pond and that is about it. ;)

Last edited:

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I feel sorry for all of the people who got burned by this guy.
Weren't there any warning signs that he was going under?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Maybe time for another reality check.

Over the last six months or so, the multi-carrier arrangement has been all the rage by a select few.
I believe the reality is there can be some gains for drivers that can't find that ability to keep moving from one carrier.
Without a doubt, these are primarliy van drivers working at carriers that have at times over populated.
Making the move for higher pay with this business model puts your operation at more risk.
Why? You are operating with multiple carriers that can't individually keep you moving.
These multiple carriers are generally small and can't retain a steady fleet operation.
Why........THEY DO NOT HAVE CONSISTENT FREIGHT.
Gee.....might be a thought to ponder?
Without consistent freight, most are operating with limited capital.
One can be successful if they are willing to assume the risk. But.....if you lose thousands in this venture, how far ahead are you really verses the folks leased to a carrier or operating with their own authority?
Just might be something to consider when going down this path.
It might and could be greener, but can also be a pile a weeds.
Choose your path wisely.

Last edited:

TSexpediter

Seasoned Expediter
Keep it simple.
If you were wronged, then hire a lawyer. The guy is currently out of business.
The freight fairy isn't going to collect your money owed for you.
Operate like a business. If you are owed, then hire a lawyer.
Anything else is basically whining if you aren't able to take action on your own.
No one likes to get shafted but it does happen in business.
Coming on here with threats and goofiness will at best get you a penny or two out of my pond and that is about it. ;)

OK Dave , with all my respect, than let's put the trash under the carpet. Closing a thread for what?Just because one of us said that he will break that thief bones? Probably John Petrus deserve that!

TSexpediter

Seasoned Expediter
Maybe time for another reality check.

Over the last six months or so, the multi-carrier arrangement has been all the rage by a select few.
I believe the reality is there can be some gains for drivers that can't find that ability to keep moving from one carrier.
Without a doubt, these are primarliy van drivers working at carriers that have at times over populated.
Making the move for higher pay with this business model puts your operation at more risk.
Why? You are operating with multiple carriers that can't individually keep you moving.
These multiple carriers are generally small and can't retain a steady fleet operation.
Why........THEY DO NOT HAVE CONSISTENT FREIGHT.
Gee.....might be a thought to ponder?
Without consistent freight, most are operating with limited capital.
One can be successful if they are willing to assume the risk. But.....if you lose thousands in this venture, how far ahead are you really verses the folks leased to a carrier or operating with their own authority?
Just might be something to consider when going down this path.
It might and could be greener, but can also be a pile a weeds.
Choose your path wisely.
Dave do you know how Panther started?Did they have consistent freight?No. Small carriers has to start from somewhere. It is nothing wrong working for 2-3 carriers. I respect you ,but closing that thread was a mistake in my opinion.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I didn't close the thread, but we have had several threads going on that all saying the same thing.
I think closing it was the right thing to do as nothing productive is being generated from posts that same the same thing. The guy is out of business, so at this point, that is the end of it.
Same with Landshark and others like it.
Does Panther have consistent freight? I would say yes except at times for vans. That was my point in my last post. Are you really ahead if you take a substantial loss from a undercapitalized small carrier?
Panther is still paying contractors the last I heard.

Last edited:

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Guys and gals, I'm pretty sure everyone here feels bad for you. But, personally, if I were in Lawrence or Dale's shoes I would have locked these threads a couple days ago. Threats of violence and wild accusations would make me very nervous and give me liability concerns. I would also give a couple (those threatening or supporting violence) a timeout for a few days until the emotions get out of this. Just my opinion.

I hate it for you and I might feel the same if in your shoes...but broadcasting on the internet is a whole different deal.

Monty

Expert Expediter
How about leave the EO members decide if a thread is productive or not?​

Because this isn't Burger King and you don't get it your way.

You, and others, it seems to me have aired your laundry, (some of it still dirty). It's over .. leave it be, take the advise of many. Retain an attorney .. there is nothing anyone on EO can do to assist you.

zayetz

Active Expediter
well, john is the one who decided to screw over lots of people. and he WILL suffer the consequences. whats the difference between me saying that and others on here talking about karma and lawyers? john screwed up. he screwed up bad. he will pay for it. is that a direct threat? no. I would call that an "assumption". look at the facts, the number of people who's families he hurt, i would be surprised if karma didnt come quick. for instance, every time a member of MY family was intentionally hurt... well, karma came a knocking.

EasyDoesIt

Active Expediter
Many comments on several threads about LRT. Best advice heard was band together and hire one lawyer. Someone needs to lead and take action. Making threats on here will only make you a suspect if something really does happen to the guy.

Last edited:

zayetz

Active Expediter
thats an idea. i know an attorney in that area. i'll contact him and let everyone else know what i find out.