Low prices are killing this month!ppl bending over like crazy!

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Like I said. It is the bozos that work on them that cause more problems than they fix.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

tknight

Veteran Expediter
I know sprinters are work horses and do make money for you but I also know that Jeff isn't working on his new sprinters they are used for local use only low miles a year. It's just unfortunate they failed him so bad

ajakapari

Expert Expediter
The whole driveshaft, complete, ready to be installed.

Well now I feel like sh** ... 375vs1500 $$
Do they have a web site? This company?
I kind want to call the dealer and cancel it... (I've been waiting 7 days for the drive shaft to arrive... ) I just don't know if I do that I will lose more time .. And money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ysracer

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well now I feel like sh** ... 375vs1500 $$
Do they have a web site? This company?
I kind want to call the dealer and cancel it... (I've been waiting 7 days for the drive shaft to arrive... ) I just don't know if I do that I will lose more time .. And money

Careful, they frequently don't fit correctly or have balance problems. Local shop affiliated with Doktor A will not use them after repeated failed attempts.

When I needed one last year I called them. Found out they source them from a company in VA. They admitted they had experienced some fitment issues and wouldn't guarantee it would be a remove and replace success.

I bought oem; the Freightliner dealer in Memphis had 5 in stock and gave me a significant FedEx discount as they do fleet maintenance for them. I have no FedEx affiliation so it was super nice of them to do that. Let me change it in their lot and scrapped the old one for me, too !

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
When I ordered it they asked me to measure from the trans to the diff, to make sure it fit. And it did. It has been working good for about 5 years now.

When I looked for one I found a few other companies that had after market driveshafts for sprinters but they were a bit more. Maybe I was lucky.

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
I do not see any rate cuts at all in the general freight side. I will admit though on the expedited side with a cargo van I still have some $2 per mile freight but fewer loads. this month than last for the van. I guess they only call me now when they don't find an idiot. kinda like gun control don't ban the gun ban the idiots. only in expedite it should be don;t ban the van ban the idiot.

ajakapari

Expert Expediter
It would be great if they (the idiots) have som kind of marking on the sprinters like A sticker on the side "IDIOT"... So everyone knows who they R!

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It would be great if they (the idiots) have som kind of marking on the sprinters like A sticker on the side "IDIOT"... So everyone knows who they R!

Actually it needs to be pasted across their foreheads too.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good lord almighty! That's what some of you guys used to make? I guess id be pissed off too. Me, if I make what I do now ill be happy. 35k-40k a year. Heck even I make a little less ill be ok. As long as my bills are paid and I can manage to save a bit im good.

IMHO ..... you are GROSSLY undervaluing yourself & the services you provide!
Go reread J Mueller's post from earlier this week, you might not have made it to the bottom ...
  • Owner Operators and drivers still need to be a Businessman first and a Driver second. This is especially true in today's competitive market.

MikeDamone

Not a Member
Researching
IMHO ..... you are GROSSLY undervaluing yourself & the services you provide!
Go reread J Mueller's post from earlier this week, you might not have made it to the bottom ...
  • Owner Operators and drivers still need to be a Businessman first and a Driver second. This is especially true in today's competitive market.

Im not saying that's what im going to shoot for and just leave it at that. Im going to try to make as much money as I can. Im just saying if it turns out, for whatever reason, that I fall into that income bracket, I think ill be ok.

MikeDamone

Not a Member
Researching
Hey what was the name of J muellers post. Im pretty sure I read it, but I want to go back and re-read.

ajakapari

Expert Expediter
I guess the Rates are goin a lil up now a dayz... Maybe the reason is DSL prices goin up aswell , but I've been getting very good rates ... Idk maybe just luck...

Reactions: andrew sterling

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
I guess the Rates are goin a lil up now a dayz... Maybe the reason is DSL prices goin up aswell , but I've been getting very good rates ... Idk maybe just luck...

Your kidding me right? Rates up?
Load offer didn't get it.. 1.5 hours later same call for same load. I ask well I hope ya got some xtra $ on it.. No was the answer, Load was sold 4 times and it appears they where the 4 to win it.. Freight was bought and sold 4 times and the trucks are taking the hit.. How stuipt do they think we are... The perfect chance to get a good rate and they drop the ball for the trucks.. Safe bet their profit margin stayed the same or went up but not passed on... Guess I should be Happy,, Got a WHOLE nickel for FSC. :mad:
Its the carriers themselves driving the rates to the trucks down.. Not the shippers.. I have the freight bill in my hand and its not cheap freight