Low prices are killing this month!ppl bending over like crazy!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Your kidding me right? Rates up?
Load offer didn't get it.. 1.5 hours later same call for same load. I ask well I hope ya got some xtra $ on it.. No was the answer, Load was sold 4 times and it appears they where the 4 to win it.. Freight was bought and sold 4 times and the trucks are taking the hit.. How stuipt do they think we are... The perfect chance to get a good rate and they drop the ball for the trucks.. Safe bet their profit margin stayed the same or went up but not passed on... Guess I should be Happy,, Got a WHOLE nickel for FSC. :mad:
Its the carriers themselves driving the rates to the trucks down.. Not the shippers.. I have the freight bill in my hand and its not cheap freight
I've been saying that for quite awhile....but all the cheerleaders just shrug it off...and blame someone else..the whole system is corrupt and broken from brokers to carriers.....

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I think I messed up by not taking the job brokering freight at TQL when I had the chance...but then again I have a conscience, and rather WORK for a living.

ajakapari

Expert Expediter
Your kidding me right? Rates up?
Load offer didn't get it.. 1.5 hours later same call for same load. I ask well I hope ya got some xtra $ on it.. No was the answer, Load was sold 4 times and it appears they where the 4 to win it.. Freight was bought and sold 4 times and the trucks are taking the hit.. How stuipt do they think we are... The perfect chance to get a good rate and they drop the ball for the trucks.. Safe bet their profit margin stayed the same or went up but not passed on... Guess I should be Happy,, Got a WHOLE nickel for FSC. :mad:
Its the carriers themselves driving the rates to the trucks down.. Not the shippers.. I have the freight bill in my hand and its not cheap freight
Yes this is very true , I've been just lucky or somethings I've been getting good rates for me and my drivers... Lately

Pro Direct

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Stick to your guns and don't start the van for less than you want. Know what your cpm costs are and know the price to run. Let the dogs get down and dirty.

Reactions: ajakapari

tknight

Veteran Expediter
I took a 225 mile run with 100 dead head today kicking myself all the way ! It was the 20th bid with 2 carriers just couldn't get a decent rate and no offers except the last, I can only sit so long , at least when I left the road runner in the very brand new truck an 2 tri-states wee still there , so I guess I must have been cheapest! 1.37 this is depressing
I thought Lansing would have been a little better, nope!

ajakapari

Expert Expediter
I took a 225 mile run with 100 dead head today kicking myself all the way ! It was the 20th bid with 2 carriers just couldn't get a decent rate and no offers except the last, I can only sit so long , at least when I left the road runner in the very brand new truck an 2 tri-states wee still there , so I guess I must have been cheapest! 1.37 this is depressing
Sometimes you just gotta do what a man has to do!

ajakapari

Expert Expediter
I know this is impossible ! But if every expeditor out there doesn't take a load for one week (protest) just one week! I think rates will jump to where they should be after!!! Like I said tho impossible... To be done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Grizzly

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If brokers know they'll find that $1.37 straight, they'll wait for it.
A friend got yelled at that they'd never get $1.60 for their C unit.
After 11 units in Memphis turned down the load they left at $1.60.
I had dispatch tell me "I don't want to pay $1.80 for this run." After about 60 seconds of total silence she said "I guess I'll have to pay $1.80" and she dispatched me.
It's time to man up.
We can argue all day about sitting/moving on our dime/running cheap.
Once you come on here and tell a story like above I think you've lost the right to complain about cheap rates.

Reactions: ajakapari

tknight

Veteran Expediter
I had a paid dh to Lansing of 150 miles @.50 cents then couldn't take the load cause of its hazmat rating I needed to get out and after playing hard ball all day and not getting even a nibble on 20 bids I nailed for this job , yA gotta do what yA gotta do brother!!!! The bills don't wait!

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well, now that broker knows how cheap you'll run, good luck with that.
They probably track our numbers better than we do.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
unfortunately that happens at the CV level as well....and these brokers/carriers know this all too well...the bills must be paid and waiting it out does not become an option...kids need food and momma is getting snappy...and if you don't do it there are another 5,000 that will....
waiting also has a cost....example....costs 25 bucks a day to sit....or 50$ for 2 days you wait on your price and get a whopping $50 more...what was achieved? beside your satisfaction of getting your price BUT you lost more then money..you lost 2 days of your life, 2 days of earning possibilities

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Well, now that broker knows how cheap you'll run, good luck with that.
They probably track our numbers better than we do.

No this group of guys know me well and wouldn't do that they are in it for the long haul as well and know I don't run that cheap I ran for 6 years at over 2.00 + a mile mile and . 50 dh till my truck engine self destructed and in the 6 months I was down this whole cheap crap hit the fan , you don't know me and know my history , which isn't running cheap! Others here know I don't take crap from brokers!!! They fight for me on almost all loads and dh and detention ! I like these guys . They take my :censoredsign: and i make them money too.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So is that .70 cent rate per mile with the surcharge? I wish there was a monthly report and every carrier would post their rates. I've been clearing over a buck a mile moving private goods but it takes strategical business planning and a lot of one on one messaging to customers and the freight isn't no touch.

Last edited: