Looking for advice

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
I certainly hope you have not lost control yet. Of your money I mean.

FireGears

Expert Expediter
You have, on a couple of occasions, referenced the writings of ATeam. Phil Madsen's qualifications need no validation on EO. His curriculum vitae is well known here and his contribution in these forums and in the Expedite Now Digest are respected by many of our mambers.
Ma'am and Sir,

Very true, many longtime "mambers" know about ATeam-Phil.

I'm recommending his contributions to NEW "mambers"
who may not realize that a cornucopia of his information
concerning this industry is available.

STAY FROSTY .... :+ :+

plus ...

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
FG yes but why did you not respond to Terry's question about your experience and qualifications. Do you have any? Your reply focused on a misspelled word vs the question. You are endorsing another individuals writings ,but have you been there and experienced the industry that has pitfalls and high points in order to determine if the writings are valid.

FireGears

Expert Expediter
why did you not respond to Terry's question
about your experience and qualifications.

Hey Rich, ol' buddy

Because my experience and qualifications
have nothing to do
with RECOMMENDING a source of information.

Only the experience and qualifications of
the AUTHOR of the RECOMMENDED INFORMATION
would be of interest to the READER of said information.

Hope that clears up any confusion. :D :D

STAY FROSTY ... :+ :+

plus ...

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
First of all I am not your buddy. Buddies respect what other people tell them in a confidential mode and do not share these thoughts with others.

But what keeps you from answering the question,do you have any expediting experience as we know it? Try not to turn this one around but give a simple clear concise answer. If your sole purpose on EO is to push your religious beliefs why not say so.

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
FireGears:

Thanx for correcting my typo.. Your actions are a true measure of your character. Your non-resposiveness to my questions in this post and others provides me, and perhaps other EO members, an indication of who you really are and the value of your input to the fora of a trucking website. Zero.

Hope that clears up any confusion.

FireGears

Expert Expediter
Wow... are we off topic.!!!

But, since a Mod is involved, I guess it's OK..

RichM..
"confidential mode.. "
You sent me a PM with a veiled threat which concerned me enough
to consult another MOD via PM.. (NOT on a public forum)

RichM..
"confidential mode.. "
Sorry, I did not realize the PM meant "TOP SECRET"

Ma'am and Sir...
"typo" ..
You're a little thin-skinned about
my ribbing you about a typo, are you not..?? :eek:

To ALL..

I've made a few posts since 2004..
I'd guess they have revealed something
of my CDL trucking background.
As time goes on and my "post total" increases,
I'm sure you'll get to know more.

I'd also guess I've made more posts
on trucking topics vs. SOAPBOX issues

Members of the "E/O gang" seem to think they can insinuate
something about a person then "demand" an in-depth response.
While it's an interesting revelation concerning your power trips,
it's really not necessary that I or anyone else respond to your "demands".

Of course, this reply will now illicit more accusations (attacks).
It reminds me of the reactions of little children
who have not gotten their way.
(NEWSFLASH..
I raised 4-children who are now successful, mature adults)

plus ...

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't have a dog in this hunt, come to think of it I don't have a dog at all, however I do have a comment on FG's statement that his qualifications or lack thereof mean nothing when recommending Phil's works. I have to respectfully disagree. If one has no experience and qualifications of their own it makes it less likely they can appropriately judge those of another. I'm not saying that Phil hasn't written lots of pages of useful information. I'm not saying that you aren't entitled to recommend it. I'm just pointing out that your experience does have a bearing on it.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB
OOIDA Life Member 677319, JOIN NOW
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

FireGears

Expert Expediter
http://www.expeditersonline.com/dcforum/DCForumID16/1901.html

1. "RE: Convert Dry Box to Reefer Unit"

terryandrene wrote...

"My qualifications to respond to this thread: None."

Ma'am and Sir,

NOW this is too funny. :D :D

Someone asked for information.
You made the first reply
You stated that you had no qualifications
and proceeded to
Write an OPINION FILLED PARAGRAPH.

And you're making an issue of my lack of qualifications
to make a post RECOMMENDING
a place here on E/O where a
newbie could find information.!!! :eek: :eek:

LOL ... :D :D :D :D

plus

FireGears

Expert Expediter
The Logic...

THE LOGIC..!!! :eek: :eek:

"I'm not saying that Phil hasn't
written lots of pages of useful information."

but ya got'a have 'sperience and qualiphicasions

TO REFER PEOPLE TO THIS USEFUL INFORMATION..!!!!

LOL... :D :D :D

Please STOP !!!... you're killing me :D :D :D

STOP IT..!!!!! :D :D :D :D

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
This one is for the originator of this thread,SBKIRK6639. On behalf of the EO staff and Moderators I want to apologize to you for allowing a simple question from you get turned into a debate that had NOTHING to do with your question.

Simply put this thread was hijacked by an individual who's motives are unclear. Normally individuals post up questions and get answers from the EO community. Unfortunately we allowed this thread to get out of control from a disruptive individual who contributed absolutely NOTHING.

Please don't think this is the norm on EO. It has has been recognized as the best website for Expediters and want to be Expediters for many years. Hopeully in the near future the disruptions that came about on your thread will be a thing of the past. So stay with us and stay active,we are happy to have you on board.

FireGears

Expert Expediter
sbkirk,

I too apologize...

This thread went "off the rails" at line #19
and unfortunately,
I got caught up in the improper direction.

Hopefully, the ModSquad will now keep us all focused.

HAPPY TRAILS and MUCH SUCCESS.. :D

STAY FROSTY... ;-)

and ...

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Firegears,

I am growing increasingly uncomfortable with your glowing and blanket endorsements of my writings and posts. I fear that you are using my name to tweak the noses of my critics and incite them to react to you. We have enjoyed a period of relative calm in the Open Forum for a while. I may be wrong about your intent and apologize if I am. Nevertheless, I do not need or want your ongoing and public praise. Like others, I too would appreciate a direct answer from you to Terry's question.

FireGears

Expert Expediter
ATeam-Phil,
Your apology is appreciated.

I agree with you and others that we now
need to get this thread back on topic.

It might be time to request an update from sbkirk.
He may still need assistance to which we can respond.

STAY FROSTY .. ;-)

plus ..

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
SBKIRK,

We currently drive for an owner, so from a "drivers" perspective I give this advice. When we entered the Expediting side of the industry, we had 18 wheeler experience, but no expediting experience. Our owner was an invaluable source of information for us. That being said, even if you hire experienced drivers for your truck, there are still going to be questions that only you, as the owner, can answer. I would say that some experience with the business side, not to mention, the actual hauling of freight is needed. Going into this industry without that experience, could prove disastrous financially.
That's just a personal opinion, and you know how those are. ;)
If you are still interested in this industry, this is a great site to have your questions answered honestly. Explore the entire site, not just the forum, there is a wealth of information here. Best of luck with your decision.

sbkirk6639

Seasoned Expediter
Pelicn...Thanks for your response. Can you give me an example of a question that an experienced team couldn't handle? As an experienced driver, do you often run into situations where you need an owner's input?

it seems to me that, as a driver, the last thing I would want would be an owner meddling in the business. If I pay you extremely well, give you the opportunity to acquire the truck, and stay out of your business, that would be sufficient for me. What am I missing?

Everyone else, feel free to jump in here

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
The point maybe you are missing is, with not having been there, the smoke screens you COULD recieve will be unrecognizable by you. The false fronts people present are never ending, and, effective. If, someone, as a rule, is not able to obtain equipment on their own, there generally is a very good reason (or reasons) for that delema.