Looking for a better carrier

rollincoal

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
For me my money is made on the outbound. If demand in the reload area is good then that's a bonus. But I mostly go out and back. I know what I need coming out of TN to deliver to in most of the outlying states I run. And also know what the going rates will typically be coming back. Makes it fairly simple to book freight when you know what you need. When I post my truck it is always with the note "expedited truckload service. quick rate agreement" which draws in a lot of good freight where they're looking for that particular service. Some have even told me they expected a little higher rate than average from that tag line. That's how I do it. Not a lot of time wasted dilly dallying once I book that initial load outbound in fact I normally have a reload behind it booked up in about 15 minutes.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Sometimes tho, me tink, yer pencil were broke. Was educational tho.

My pencil's been broke a lot, Col, so I resorted to chalk. It's easier to rub away the mistakes. ;)

Good to see you posting again, Col. How've you been?

Last edited:

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
More miles may be directly related to more screw ups at the factory level- ex: a mess up on wrong parts ordered, or no parts on hand, lost paper work, machine failures on production line and so on. Inefficiently can play a big part on your miles you get.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
More miles may be directly related to more screw ups at the factory level- ex: a mess up on wrong parts ordered, or no parts on hand, lost paper work, machine failures on production line and so on. Inefficiently can play a big part on your miles you get.

yes, the LESS things that go wrong...means LESS business for us...

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
My pencil's been broke a lot, Col, so I resorted to chalk. It's easier to rub away the mistakes. ;)

Good to see you posting again, Col. How've you been?

Got up this morning and was able to take nourishment.......so I guess OOOKKEEEDDOOKKEEE!!
Nice day in the Keys and life is good.

Expedite Recruiter

Rookie Expediter
Howdy! I work for an expedite company who is recruiting cargo / sprinter van drivers daily. If you have an email address you'd like to share with me I would be happy to send you some info.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Any company that recruits vans daily most likely has a huge turnover problem. I'd be cautious

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
But what does that have to do with the vans starting?

It has to do with trying to find the reasons for needing more vans every day, when the general consensus is that there are too many already. Large turnover is generally an indication of a company that would rather replace people than address their complaints/issues/problems, whatever is making them decide to go elsewhere. Yes, there are those who will jump at the drop of a hat, but most know it costs money to move, and hope springs eternal, you know: maybe today is the day it all gets better.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
It has to do with trying to find the reasons for needing more vans every day, when the general consensus is that there are too many already. Large turnover is generally an indication of a company that would rather replace people than address their complaints/issues/problems, whatever is making them decide to go elsewhere. Yes, there are those who will jump at the drop of a hat, but most know it costs money to move, and hope springs eternal, you know: maybe today is the day it all gets better.

Lucy, let me esplain someting to zhu.

It was a joke. Turnover - engine starting... get it? :p

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
i have been with ceva 12 years in feb
we have a well run station
and great dispatcher
in 12 years only 6 days i haven't work because there was no freight

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
i have been with ceva 12 years in feb
we have a well run station
and great dispatcher
in 12 years only 6 days i haven't work because there was no freight

Which branch, the local deliveries or expediting (48 states)?

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
i work richmond va ,
and run expediting with in 500 miles of richmond va
but do 90 percent local
have gone to watertown ny, atlanta ga
st mary's ga
pittsburg pa
do dc about 4 time a month