looking at becoming O/O, what about Dogs ?

PJay59

Veteran Expediter
I m looking at becoming a O/O, either stright truck or van, my question is, are their any companies out their that allow me to lease on with them that allowes a dog in the truck ?

PJay59

Veteran Expediter
Pii and Fedex will, some restrictions apply.

Thanks for your help, But Im not familiar with pii. Sorry:rolleyes: what company is that. also would you know what restrictions they would have ? Thanks and have a safe ride always

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
I have two dogs that travel with me. Never had a problem, Dispatch would tell me in Advance if they wanted me to keep them in the truck while on certain Consignee's Property. If we had been in the Truck for awhile I would stop just outside the gate, let them run then go on in.

R

riverrat

Thanks for your help, But Im not familiar with pii. Sorry:rolleyes: what company is that. also would you know what restrictions they would have ? Thanks and have a safe ride always
panther "2" btw what happened to panther '1' that they had to try panther "2"??

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
One important item is to make sure your insurance carrier is OK with pets in the truck. Sometimes ther is a tiny clause that will state,"In the event of an accident we will not be liable if an animal was in the cab". They think it might be a distraction.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
panther "2" btw what happened to panther '1' that they had to try panther "2"??

P11 was the original name, because Panther was started by 2 men, I believe. It has changed the name to Panther Expedited Services, but many folks still think of it as P11.
I, for one, wish companies would quit changing their names, all it accomplishes is confusion. More common sense, and less 'cutting edge public relations' ploys would be welcome.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
FedEx Custom Critical will not allow you into the White Glove division with pets.

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Woof, Woof, Bark, Yip, Yip, Bark, Bark, Woof, Woof

Translation: Tri State allows non-exotic pets.

Definition: Tri State allows dogs and cats.

I have a very well-trained Monk Parrot that I am teaching to bark like a dog and wear a minature Chiuhauha costume whenever we get inspected so I can take him on trips with me. :D