Lock out

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I think they ought to call off next years season and starve the greedy bums out. Nothing but greed in all pro sports.;)

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
I think they ought to call off next years season and starve the greedy bums out. Nothing but greed in all pro sports.;)

My thinking as well! Really wouldn't miss much anyway except TV Commercials.
Besides I don't watch NFL that much and prefer College football over nfl any day.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My thinking as well! Really wouldn't miss much anyway except TV Commercials.
Besides I don't watch NFL that much and prefer College football over nfl any day.

I use football games to help me nap. They work ALMOST as well as a NASCAR race does!!

Hey, we, the people of this country, seem HAPPY to feed their greed. Stop buying tickets and they would go away.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I really don't care about the NFL one way or the other.,,I too am more of a College Football fan..But i will say that this is one place I would side with the Union and the employees (players) over managemant....I don't trust the owners at all....and the revenue sharing that the league forces on the big dollar teams is also bs...if you can't compete, then get out of the league...

denny2010

Expert Expediter
just sit back and look at this for a moment...the richer are screwing the rich, but the people who need that job at the stadiums are the ones going to be hurting...the owners and players can just take a extended vacation. while tons of people may lose alot... but just my thought......

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I could never get what motivates grown men (and women) to work hard so they can give a lot of money to rich people so they can go to a professional football game to be trapped by the people at the stadium so they can give even more money to the rich people to buy expensive food and deal with a crowd so to watch a bunch of other grown men play with a brown ball in a stadium that their tax money is used to help maintain and in some cases pay for.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I could never get what motivates grown men (and women) to work hard so they can give a lot of money to rich people so they can go to a professional football game to be trapped by the people at the stadium so they can give even more money to the rich people to buy expensive food and deal with a crowd so to watch a bunch of other grown men play with a brown ball in a stadium that their tax money is used to help maintain and in some cases pay for.

For some it is a release of stress, a diversion from the boredom and grind of everyday life. I prefer to hunt and fish but to each his own. Some people go to rock concerts, country or an opera. Those things are no different than a sports game. Just entertainment of different forms.

I don't agree with the tax money part in ANY way, shape or form.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
for some I can understand that form of entertainment but for a lot of 'fans' it is an obsession that many look at as a sickness and need profession deprogramming.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
for some I can understand that form of entertainment but for a lot of 'fans' it is an obsession that many look at as a sickness and need profession deprogramming.

Yep and you will find the same sort of thing in ALL pro sports and forms of entertainment. I guess that form of "self -medication" is less harmful that drugs or booze.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What, no love for the NFL in here :p
Personally, I'm very bummed over this as the NFL is really the only sport I follow for the most part. If it holds, I'm sure the UFL and other football leagues will have big grins on their faces $$$ :D

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What, no love for the NFL in here :p
Personally, I'm very bummed over this as the NFL is really the only sport I follow for the most part. If it holds, I'm sure the UFL and other football leagues will have big grins on their faces $$$ :D

Are you SURE you are from Michigan? You DON'T follow the Red Wings? Man, you could lose your Michigan citizenship for that!! :p

That is just SO Un-Michigander!!! :D

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Are you SURE you are from Michigan? You DON'T follow the Red Wings? Man, you could lose your Michigan citizenship for that!! :p

That is just SO Un-Michigander!!! :D

LOL yeah I know. Something about a low scoring game and a puck I can never see or keep track of to keep me interested long enough unless their in the playoffs. I loved it when they tried adding that special puck that would leave a laser trail, at least I could follow it. Maybe I need a bigger TV :rolleyes:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
LOL yeah I know. Something about a low scoring game and a puck I can never see or keep track of to keep me interested long enough unless their in the playoffs. I loved it when they tried adding that special puck that would leave a laser trail, at least I could follow it. Maybe I need a bigger TV :rolleyes:

The LASER PUCK? OH YUCK!!! Were you born in the south or something? LOL!! I mean, really, even my wife who was born and raised in Florida and have never seen a puck until we were married can follow the game. She is a HUGE Wings fan now. Not a bigger TV, THICKER GLASSES!! :p

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

The LASER PUCK? OH YUCK!!! Were you born in the south or something? LOL!! I mean, really, even my wife who was born and raised in Florida and have never seen a puck until we were married can follow the game. She is a HUGE Wings fan now. Not a bigger TV, THICKER GLASSES!! :p

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hey, at least they tried last year! They might not lose a game this season! :p

Best losing season I have seen in a long time :) errrr did I just say that :confused:

But seriously, Lions played some pretty good football (even without their "Star QB" again) don't get me on that subject haha. Loaded with weapons, they proved they are no longer the joke of the NFL and can play with the big boys now. With so many close heartbreaking games, I lost count, starting with the famous week 1 catch/no catch call which would have won the game. They could have realistically pulled off 3 more wins to finish 10-6 or better and knocking on the playoff door. Ok, maybe I'm just a delusional die hard fan, but that's how I see it lol. Now if we can just play some ball this season :rolleyes: