Locations & Banter , January 2019

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Saved $20 on a haircut with some trusty dog clippers (should have got a before pic 9 months of mullet)

And, fixed my persistent abs warning lights

Back on the rotation at 8 am

I bought A the Andis brand "Master" model clippers. About 100 bucks. The same as the barbers use. I cut my hair every Friday. Save 15 bucks everytime. Do the math. Now, that's return on an investment. Being Italian, my hair grows fast. And I'm trying to keep up with Dollarsign...lol
;)

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
OK grapevine consulted. It's slow (ya it's January but it started awhile ago)

You 'muricans finding that or just canucks?

(Ntimevan don't answer you don't count you're always busy)

Reactions: ntimevan

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Can't say I've seen this before at the J.

One of those hotshot pickup truck company's pulling a long flatbed trailer comes driving through the parking lot.
That part not to uncommon to see, what was interesting was the cargo. A rather large helicopter :eek:

Wish I could of got a good pic, it was quite the sight. I did get 1 pic as it drove away, but can't really make anything out.

Pretty similar to this pic...

Screenshot_20190120-120322.jpg

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That old chestnut about mc# to bid on loads. Yeah I don't need it, but I have to have it.

Edit: hold on. I see mention of a motor carrier # being necessary under 10k. For what? Proof of insurance? Dot can't do anything to an unregulated vehicle...am I confusing dot with mc#? Has something changed since 2006 the last time I looked? :p

Edit edit: so mc# are being phased out, to be replaced with a unified system under a dot # which I don't need. Oh, that's not confusing at all

Edit edit edit: I have to pee in a cup?

Slowly it's all coming back to me. Something tells me I'll need a method for ACE / ACI as well lol

Last edited:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Reactions: guido4475