Locations & Banter , January 2019

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Saved $20 on a haircut with some trusty dog clippers (should have got a before pic 9 months of mullet)
20190118_031440.jpg
And, fixed my persistent abs warning lights
20190118_004637.jpg

Back on the rotation at 8 am

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Now trying to bid around another snowstorm

Left Chatt Friday night, weekend in Knoxville. Monday, Oak Ridge to Hahnville, LA. Tuesday, Hahnville to Russellville, AR. Took yesterday off to celebrate the big 6-0 and get an oil change. Now trying to get going again; need to stay in warmer weather because our little buddy went to heater heaven and I don’t want to stay with propane. Of course we can idle but I sleep soundly and might not notice something going wrong until it would be too late.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
Damn, I wish I had gotten the memo about getting an oil change when I turned 60, I got a Colonoscopy instead. Similar though

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Been bouncing around close to Toledo, OH area. The rear differential of the old $printer is getting soft and clunky. Don’t want to have it grenade, and cause that kind of drama. Used but good one going in tomorrow. Dang thing isn’t rebuidable!

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Been bouncing around close to Toledo, OH area. The rear differential of the old $printer is getting soft and clunky. Don’t want to have it grenade, and cause that kind of drama. Used but good one going in tomorrow. Dang thing isn’t rebuidable!

How many miles on it?
I got 678K on mine.
Coincidentally changing the fluid today ...

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

How many miles on it?
I got 678K on mine.
679000, started out as a light thud going from coast to driven, about 5000 miles ago.

guido4475

Not a Member

I had my Ford Dana rearend rebuilt a few years ago for 600 bucks at the Ring and Pinion shop in Michigan. That is all they do. And they are excellent. Been there since the 50's. 586-792-2560. Call them first.

Last edited:

guido4475

Not a Member
Saved $20 on a haircut with some trusty dog clippers (should have got a before pic 9 months of mullet)

And, fixed my persistent abs warning lights

Back on the rotation at 8 am

I bought A the Andis brand "Master" model clippers. About 100 bucks. The same as the barbers use. I cut my hair every Friday. Save 15 bucks everytime. Do the math. Now, that's return on an investment. Being Italian, my hair grows fast. And I'm trying to keep up with Dollarsign...lol

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I had my Ford Dana rearend rebuilt a few years ago for 600 bucks at the Ring and Pinion shop in Michigan. That is all they do. And they are excellent. Been there since the 50's. 586-792-2560. Call them first.
Thanks for the info! Called the shop, they say the average cost is a couple of grand and two days turnaround. Hmmmmm

Reactions: Grizzly

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

How many miles on it?
I got 678K on mine.
679000, started out as a light thud going from coast to driven, about 5000 miles ago.

Now that mileage is coincidentally close to mine. Anything happens to my rear end over the next week, I'm blaming you! lol

With that mileage, go with the cheapest option ...

Reactions: brokcanadian

guido4475

Not a Member

Thanks for the info! Called the shop, they say the average cost is a couple of grand and two days turnaround. Hmmmmm

Ouch! I guess it's a Sprinter thing. But they are extremely honest and dont half azz anything. One visit there and you will be impressed. The owner himself takes it on a 30 min. yesterday drive alone, so he can listen to it distraction free. They even painted my rear end when complete. A real thorough job.

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

How many miles on it?
I got 678K on mine.

Now that mileage is coincidentally close to mine. Anything happens to my rear end over the next week, I'm blaming you! lol

With that mileage, go with the cheapest option ...

Ouch! I guess it's a Sprinter thing. But they are extremely honest and dont half azz anything. One visit there and you will be impressed. The owner himself takes it on a 30 min. yesterday drive alone, so he can listen to it distraction free. They even painted my rear end when complete. A real thorough job.
The guy on the phone sounded knowledgeable and upfront. If I wasn’t committed to the used but good replacement, I’d give them a chance at it.