Load1 Location and banter accepted

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Arrived customer at 1135 am and POD'd before noon...1 hour before original protect time...so about 28 hours for 1349 miles..and still managed to catch some sleep...not a lot, but enough...:D

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Arrived customer at 1135 am and POD'd before noon...1 hour before original protect time...so about 28 hours for 1349 miles..and still managed to catch some sleep...not a lot, but enough...:D

Warm down there??? Picking one up at 0300 so hitting the sack soon

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Warm down there??? Picking one up at 0300 so hitting the sack soon

He won't be there long enough to feel the heat tomorrow!

Wow John...kudu's to dispatch! They got Ken a trip picking up in San Antonio delivering to Brownstown, picking up at 0300! Now if the next one heads west can I have him for Christmas? :D

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
He won't be there long enough to feel the heat tomorrow!

Wow John...kudu's to dispatch! They got Ken a trip picking up in San Antonio delivering to Brownstown, picking up at 0300! Now if the next one heads west can I have him for Christmas? :D

I swear to god that man has the best **** luck!

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I'm roaring with laughter here...you did get the visual!

I'm scarred for life.:eek: Somebody send him to IN. -2 deg when I got here this morning.

Got some oil from my side box to add to the engine and it was like syrup. There's never any pancakes and butter around when you need them:D

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I'm scarred for life.:eek: Somebody send him to IN. -2 deg when I got here this morning.

Got some oil from my side box to add to the engine and it was like syrup. There's never any pancakes and butter around when you need them:D

He'll be coming thru Indiana sometime tonight..you dropped or enroute?

Let's see...Todd is running, Dennis is running, Guido is running, and Ken is running...did someone say it was slow?

Not with our dispatchers and John!

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Juju wrote:

Let's see...Todd is running, Dennis is running, Guido is running, and Ken is running...did someone say it was slow?

On my way to IA for the 4th time since Thanksgiving... got to love it, i do! :D

Since Load 1's 1st deposit in my bank account the week of Sept 26th, and by the last one when I go out of service on Des 22st, I will have made half of the amont I made at Bolt the 1st 9 months of the yrs....Slow??? Nope not here...:D

Thanks Load 1....:)

Last edited:

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
He'll be coming thru Indiana sometime tonight..you dropped or enroute?

Dropped this morning. Picking up at 2300 back to MI for 0800 delivery.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
So Steve, Dave and Ken will all be in the yard sometime tomorrow...I think Todd is winding up in Topeka and Dennis is halfway to my house...*LOL*

Did ya smell my enchiladas?:)

TonyG

Seasoned Expediter
Well I am glad everyone is getting good miles, but I must not be doing something right.

Dropped in AL Monday am, waited and told to deadhead to Birmingham, which I did, waited again, told to deadhead to Nashville, TN which I did, got a load to pick up on THURSDAY (Today) 243 miles east of Nashville, got here early, now this load might be a dry run.

So here I sit, soooo frustrated with 0 miles this week. :eek:

Last edited:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well I am glad everyone is getting good miles, but I must not be doing something right.

Dropped in AL Monday am, waited and told to deadhead to Birmingham, which I did, waited again, told to deadhead to Nashville, TN which I did, got a load to pick up on THURSDAY (Today) 243 miles east of Nashville, got here early, now this load might be a dry run.

So here I sit, soooo frustrated with 0 miles this week. :eek:

I will have dispatch check on your load asap.

TonyG

Seasoned Expediter
I will have dispatch check on your load asap.

Thanks John, I called Mike earlier and he was checking on it for me, they just showed up a bit ago and I am now loaded. Its very icy here in TN so I figured either they will come in late or might be shut down for the day, wasnt sure. But now I am on my way to Brampton, ON. :)

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Thanks John, I called Mike earlier and he was checking on it for me, they just showed up a bit ago and I am now loaded. Its very icy here in TN so I figured either they will come in late or might be shut down for the day, wasnt sure. But now I am on my way to Brampton, ON. :)

Great, but be careful!

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Alabama CAN be a tricky area to get out of, but dispatch is pretty successful about finding loads. The good thing is it's a warm place to wait generally.

John, sounds like the boys might be a wee bit tired this morning after fighting those roads last night. It IS winter time and a good eye on the weather maps can be helpful. I think Tony is going to hit some pretty icy conditions before he hits the snow. EVERYONE drive carefully please! First and foremost is your safety.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Made it into Vermeer IA at about 0530 this morning...i 80 from Morris Ill (stopped there at the TA to get gas) aall the way to exit 183 in IA wa a mess...snow covered, 1 partically open lane and 40-45 mph was it...it took me a few extra hours, but the freight is delivered and I got a good sleep...I will say driving in that "stuff" sure wears you out...the sleep was welcome after my drop....

Now dispatch can work their magic and get me rollin out of the"Tulip" fields...Vermeer is a neat town, old dutch windmills and Tulips when in season...