Load One rolling strong in Sept!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I don't want to make this out to be something it's not. It's a nationwide toll transponder provided to us by Load One, and that's awesome.

It's just different. And really dangerous when you clean the inside of your windshield without removing it. :eek:

I like it. Despite it's features.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
And.....I saw the Turtle!!! Well he was driving by as we were doing a video photo shoot this morning for Freightliner but I don't think he saw me....or ignored the guy jumping up and down waving, LOL. Ok, I didn't actually jump.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Happy Tuesday!

Continental breakfast this morning!

Then myself and Brian (El Presidente) will be grilling up some lunch from 12 to 3.

Also free truck washes this morning from 10 to 2.

And don't forget to stop by safety and pick up your Driver Appreciation Week t shirt!!! And your BestPass!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
And.....I saw the Turtle!!! Well he was driving by as we were doing a video photo shoot this morning for Freightliner but I don't think he saw me....or ignored the guy jumping up and down waving, LOL. Ok, I didn't actually jump.
I drive by to the dumpster and thought, "Was that John?" But I had to get moving and get over to have Brian a look at the Espar. I figured I'll probably be back to critique the chefs a little later. :D

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got to see the film crew in action. Really cool drone camera....and really thought I wanted one....until the guy told me what it cost. Also had a Turtle sighting....you kind of just stand there mesmorized at the rare sight.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well, dangit, started the van yesterday and got some nice Christmas light from the dash. Two hours later found my scanner. Low fuel rail psi or voltage low. Reset, came back. Took it for a test drive and the all my ABS lights came on. No bigger there, if it's wet outside they always come on for a few days then go out. Waiting to hear back from Wayne.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: RoadTime

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Wayne is replacing an oil cooler.

If it's been sitting for several days and/or the battery is weak, that can cause all kinds of weird codes. I replaced a bad battery and all the codes went away.

Reactions: Steady Eddie

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wayne is replacing an oil cooler.

If it's been sitting for several days and/or the battery is weak, that can cause all kinds of weird codes. I replaced a bad battery and all the codes went away.

After 12 days without starting it was a little weak and the code tripped. Done that before. Charged it all day and last night. Still came on. 60 mile test drive just now, reset it 4 times. So after last reset code has not come back. Wayne suggested it put some injection cleaner and change the fuel filter. I will do that as soon as Irma gets out of her or she stops crying because Trump is President.

Code came back, so waiting for waterworks to stop or slow down.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: Turtle

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Done grilling for the day...I smell like a Burger King.
d2bfd701b55f8d57c8e24d624e7722db.png

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
After the Espar fix I came back for the burgers and dogs. John's a griller. I had two burgers and a dog. Now I'm fed up.

Finally got to meet DantheWolf. That was kewl.

On the Espar, last spring it started acting up. It would sometimes (most of the time) boot up into Boost mode, then drop down into High, and stay on High forever. Or, it would boot up into Boost, and drop to Low, and stay there on Low.

But it also had blower motor issues, mainly starting a couple of weeks ago, and where it would run for a little while, then suddenly stop, then i'd get a strong kerosene smell, which is unburned diesel in the burner tube.

Replaced the blower motor and burner tube, and everything seemed fine, at least with it running and putting out heat, except last night it stayed on High. So back over to Espar and replaced the controller. Replaced the dial-type rheostat controller with the spiffy LED display thermostat model.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Mine isn't an Espar (Webasto) but I did the digital controller thing last winter, it's awesome to just set it and forget it vs the tweaking to find the sweet spot on the dial type controller.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Mine isn't an Espar (Webasto) but I did the digital controller thing last winter, it's awesome to just set it and forget it vs the tweaking to find the sweet spot on the dial type controller.
I checked. Brian doesn't have the Webasto diagnostics testers or parts in order to work on them.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Load One Driver Appreciation Week! Bacon, sausage, eggs, French Toast casserole, fruit, hash browns, and a flu shot. Breakfast of champions.

Reactions: RoadTime