Load One rolling strong in Sept!

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Anyone else ever have the system kick them into an "Unconfirmed" status (yellow box) for no apparent reason?

For some reason it did it to me Monday evening, didn't reset either clock, no log of any OOS events etc. Only way I knew about it was I got a call from dispatch last night asking me if I was available yet. Might explain the quiet phone.

Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Anyone else ever have the system kick them into an "Unconfirmed" status (yellow box) for no apparent reason?

For some reason it did it to me Monday evening, didn't reset either clock, no log of any OOS events etc. Only way I knew about it was I got a call from dispatch last night asking me if I was available yet. Might explain the quiet phone.
Normally, I've only see this when my QC has been manually turned off and can't send a ping. Like when I'm home for a while i'll just shut it off. If on the road sitting, I just make sure it boots up at least once a day. Other then that, if its just acting weird and not connecting, sometimes I need to reboot the system.

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Driver Appreciation Week – September 11th – 15th

Monday - Friday

· Continental Breakfast 8am – 10am daily (with exception of Wednesday)

· Lunch served daily 12pm - 3 at Fleet & Safety building

· Load One tricycle driver obstacle course challenge………….Fun, fun, fun

· Random prizes awarded daily.

· 2017 Driver Appreciation T-shirt available in Safety – 8am – 5pm

Sunday – Snack bags available in dispatch for those that can’t be here Mon - Fri

MondayHealth clinic & free flu shots in Fleet & Safety building 8:30am – 1pm

Taco Bar 12pm – 3pm

Tuesday – BBQ lunch with guest grillers, John Elliott & Brian Whitley 12pm – 3pm

Free Truck washes 10am – 2pm – next to shop

Wednesday – Hot Breakfast Buffet 8am – 10am – Driver favorite!

Pre-trip challenge 9am – 3pm

ThursdayBoxed lunches – 12 noon – 4pm

FridayPulled Pork sandwiches - 12pm – 3pm

Free Truck washes 11am –3pm – next to shop

Daily Continental Breakfast & snacks will be set up in shop area outside the fleet & safety door. All hot meals will be served inside Fleet & Safety lobby.

Tables for eating and relaxing are set up in shop area & under tents. Shop door will be open for access. We have Bag toss & other games available to enjoy in the Shop area.

NTDAW17_4c.jpg

Last edited:

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
861c9538679d862745ecc595e5b04f18.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Yeah you are number one now. All long sitters are sprinters in Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
To: All Owner operators & Fleet owners

From: Becky Kennedy / Load One Director of Administration

Re: BESTPASS Transponder Rollout

Date: Thursday, September 7, 2017

In an effort to make the toll payment process easier for you while under dispatch for Load One we are happy to announce that we will be providing BESTPASS Complete transponders to all Load One Open board units that travel outside Michigan. Transponders will be available Friday, September 8, 2017.

Here are the highlights:

· Transponders are provided at no cost to owner of vehicle

· Transponders are for company use only (Load One dispatches). Cash should be paid at toll booth for personal use. Any tolls incurred for personal use and charged to our account will be charged back on weekly settlement. Continued abuse of personal use may result in loss of transponder.

· No longer need to have extra cash on hand for tolls while under dispatch and no more waiting in line for manned toll booth

· No longer need to turn in receipts with expense report – we will be billed direct

· Transponders can be picked up in Fleet Management Department at Taylor Terminal (back building)

· We will reimburse for tolls incurred prior to distribution of new BESTPASS transponders as normal but all expense reports with receipts must be in to us no later than November 1, 2017 to be approved. After that we will no longer process reimbursements for tolls.

· For those owners that currently have their own EZ-pass account, (or similar) we are not able to transfer your current transponders to our account so new transponders will be distributed. You will be responsible for handling return of old transponders on your account.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions in regard to this process on extension 1901 or Angie McNaughton on extension 1602 at Taylor terminal.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
For you Illinois Tollway I-PASS holders...

How do I cancel my I-PASS account?

To cancel your account, you must return your I-PASS transponder. For your convenience, this may be done either in person or through the mail.

If a transponder has been painted, designed or tampered with, the deposit will be forfeited.

If a customer does not want to return their transponder(s), they need to notify the cutsomer service center. Their deposit will be forfeited.

If canceling your account through the mail:
Via certified mail, send your transponder, wrapped in foil, with a letter requesting the I-PASS account be closed that also includes your return address. Your balance and deposit will be refunded within 45 days of receipt of the transponder and request. If you opened your account with cash or check, a check will be mailed to the address indicated in the letter. If you opened your account with a credit or debit card, the card registered on the account will be credited.

Send transponder to:
I-PASS Fulfillment Center
P.O. Box 806518
Chicago, IL 60680

If canceling your account in person:
You can return your transponder to an I-PASS Customer Service Center.

Upon receipt of the transponder, a customer service representative will be able to return your deposit and any remaining balance to your credit card.

You cannot close an account and return your transponder to a Jewel-Osco or a Road Ranger (I checked). It must be returned to a real Customer Service Center (Weekdays only, 7AM to 6PM). The Tollway's Central Administration Building at 2700 Ogden Avenue in Downers Grove, IL is the main one, but you can also return it Southland Chicago Lincoln Oasis, Belvidere Oasis (I-90), Lake Forest Oasis, and O'Hare Oasis.

Also where you can return the transponder are the Hinsdale Oasis, only open on Mondays 10AM - 3PM), and the Dekalb Oasis (I-88) is only open on Fridays 10AM - 2PM.

The Des Plaines Oasis (I-90) north of O'Hare does not have a Customer Service Center.

BTW, if you still have your I-PASS (or EZ-PASS) in your vehicle and aren't able to get it returned while having the BESTPASS installed, make sure you wrap the old transponder in aluminum foil (I place mine in the fridge, which is metal, when I don't want it used).

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Looks like I'm keeping my IPass after all. Looked back through my history, the amont of personal use (DH back home or driving around while waiting for a load offer) will make keeping it worth while, especially the Illinois discounts. Guess I need to clear some space in my fridge!

Reactions: Steady Eddie

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
I am also keeping mine. Kind of a pain to keep changing transponders, but I don't want to pass up the discounts on my personal use. I also don't know how you can pay cash if you have a transponder. Wouldn't the transponder work automatically before you get to pay cash? Probably I would need to wrap it in foil every time. Then how about the plazas that don't accept cash?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RoadTime and Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I may keep mine, as well. After I deliver and have to get back on a toll road to get to someplace to park, that's still part of the pro I just delivered. But if the next day I decide to move to another location, that's personal use, and I've always struck through those on the printout (well, PDF) of the toll charges for reimbursement. I don't have personal toll charges very often, but it may be worth keeping it just in case.

I would think the occasional personal use of the BESTPASS (5 or 6 times a year) that had to be taken out of the settlement wouldn't get the folks in Admin so bent out of shape that they'd take the transponder away. But it might. But I can see someone accidentally forgetting to shield their transponder once in a while.

To carry around the personal I-PASS (or EZ Pass) and not have it be read at the toll booths unless you want it to, you need to shield it with Faraday Cage. Aluminum foil will work. In some vehicles the glove box or center console will work, but it's iffy. A metal toolbox will almost certainly work.

You know those antistatic bags that hard drives and other electronic components come in? There ya go. That's the most elegant solution. It's what the transponders are shipped in when they ship it to your home instead of you picking it up in person. The Customer Service centers might have some, I dunno. If they do, they'll be called "read prevention bags." I think you can order additional adhesive strips and read prevention bags, for free, from the EZ Pass website of you have an EZ Pass account.

Office Depot has the pink antistatic bubble wrap and bags that work, but they are a little pricey. I'm pretty sure you can get the regular antistatic bags at Walmart. It's like $4.50 for a pack of 10. Online certainly, but I've seen them in stores.

I know you can get them at Amazon. (because I just looked and there's the link). A computer repair shop will likely have several lying around that they'll sell you really cheap or give you a couple for free.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Safe to assume toll receipts for bridges on cross border loads will be reimbursed?

I believe ambassador bridge is part of the toll network.

Yes if it is a few times a year or by accident we aren't going to punish people. But those who purposely abuse it will lose the use of it. As everyone knows we really are more of a carrot than a stick company BUT their are always those few who will game or abuse the system.

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Another day....another plane. Freight is rolling strong and looks like another really solid week in the books for most everyone.

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums

Reactions: DollarSign

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Did they get the Florida/Texas tolls working with it?
Yeah, Florida, Texas, Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas...

As far as I know, the only place it doesn't work is the Benicia bridge on I-80 heading towards Sacramento from San Francisco. It works at all the other FasTrack locations in California, though.