load 1

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Load 1's class really shows in the way they treat drivers from competitive company's. John always invites all drivers in the area to a free Thanksgiving dinner. I know myself and drivers from other companies that have been allowed to park at Load 1 and use their facility's when laid over. Very much a Class Act over at Load 1. Great people, thanks John E. Hoping to be there myself someday.

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
True. On my last load, I blew a coolant hose just before midnight, just north of Columbus, Oh. First call was to dispatch, and their first question was "Do you need us to locate roadside assist?" I really appreciated that - most would ask first whether it would affect my delivery time, as if that's more important than getting the immediate problem solved. [I didn't need them to locate it, cause I prefer to let the owner do that, but it did get done promptly.] While I waited for the mechanic, another Load 1 truck saw me, and stopped to check, and said he'd let dispatch know it was under control - that was nice, too.
Those little things make a big difference to most of us.

PS Even Load 1 can't pull rabbits out of a hat, though: when it turned out to be a "first thing in the morning" repair, I got to the truck stop ok, and found a motel a mile away, but had no way to get there, and so I walked. At 0330. In 8 degree temps, with a vicious wind chill.
'Paid tourist', my you know what, lol. ;) Is it spring yet?!

You were just north of me and you didn't call me???? I would have picked you up. Don't do that again.

Sent from my TBDG773 using EO Forums mobile app

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Billg27 thats the main reason i went to load-1....the way john treats not only his drivers but other company's drivers.

TJ959

Veteran Expediter
You can't make any money hanging around at home........ I should talk, as I sit here wrapped up in a quilt, with a hot cup of coffee. Retired and finally learning to like it.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I feel special. LOL. Thanks for the kind words guys. I think we are a good carrier but always need to keep innovating and improving. I think their are a number of good carriers in the business. While not every carrier is the right fit for everyone, or turnover rate says we must be a good fit for many.

While we started as all tractors, our expedite fleet has grown to be out largest operating segment over the last few years.

Hope everyone stays safe out there. Got some snow and bitter cold coming!

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Is it hard sitting when John comes out and washes your van on your birthday ?

Opps! Was that a secret OVM only benefit ?

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
Drive Less (than who)? Make More (than who)?

I guess they think maybe there is an average amount that the average expediter makes for living maybe

I prefer drive more make more sit less.If I am off the clock so to speak then I should be at home.