load 1

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I think it's about 60 days before they let you in in the secret handshake.

Congratulations.

I didn't realize L-1 had so many straight trucks.
Thought John was more TT focused.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Truckload division is separate from the expedite side.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
I meant I didn't know Dave had trucks there.
Or Dave, either.

Come to the Load1 side!

ba8umyqy.jpg

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Either good weekly pay check and I also realize what maybe good me is awful for and vice versa. I define busy as 2k miles a week

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Either good weekly pay check and I also realize what maybe good me is awful for and vice versa. I define busy as 2k miles a week

a better ? would be to ask how many miles it would take at Load One to equal the pay you are currently getting for the 2000 miles you are driving now.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Does Load 1 keep y'all real busy? In a sprinter that is

I don't know any company that keeps vans real busy. Like anyone else we have up and down weeks. Most of us don't really worry about miles per week, personally I look at qaurterly net. Last year the first several months were slow but my year end was probably better than the majority of vans out there and it wasn't because of miles.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
thats the biggest hurdle to get past hear at Load One. most everyone is concerned about miles and cant quite understand the way we look at things hear because of how we are paid and the benefits of Load One itself.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
See my signature.....it is not about the miles...Like Dynamite said....wouldn't you rather run 1500 miles for the same money you are probably running 2,000 miles for?....
Drive Less, Make More....:)

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
One thing I don't want to do is mislead people. Every run is not a home run but because
Of our percentage pay it ups the average per all miles up over what I made at previous companies.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
One thing I don't want to do is mislead people. Every run is not a home run but because
Of our percentage pay it ups the average per all miles up over what I made at previous companies.

Xiggi is absolutely correct....not every load is a home run...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
One of the biggest factors besides rates?......Think of this....you will NEVER be stranded at the side of the road...NEVER....Load 1 will do everything they can to get you to a shop and back on the road...That is real security...

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
thats the biggest hurdle to get past hear at Load One. most everyone is concerned about miles and cant quite understand the way we look at things hear because of how we are paid and the benefits of Load One itself.

Very true. I would not want to have to run 2k miles every week just to feel busy. Shutter at the thought :p

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Sometimes it's just a bunt :p

wwgx90

Rookie Expediter
You can keep track of how your doing by keeping a running tally of your loads: 1. rate per loaded mile, 2. rate per loaded mile with fuel sur. chg, 3. rate per loaded mile with fuel sur,chg and dead head. Any time you can average out your trips to see how the rates are going. I do mine on a monthly avg. I agree that every load is not going to be a home run and sometimes your carrier has to cover a load that they ask you to run. Remember that doing a favor usually brings a favor back to you!