Little boy buying a doll for his sister

louixo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
These kind of things are written to hijack your emotions and induce you to resend it to others. Many of these things were written to harvest email addresses, so the spammers can get a message to you. And as Turtle said previously, it's pretty poorly written. When I get these, it's straight to the junk folder.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
oh thats right the kid i helped his family was hit by a Expedtier driving a cargo van .not a drunk driver (add smiley face here )

Then I remembered a local newspaper article two days ago, which mentioned a drunk man in a truck, who hit a car occupied by a young woman and a little girl.

Conflicting facts. It seems the media is always out to get the trucker. Too bad your local newspaper altered the story ever so slightly to portray truckers as drunken killers. The story I read in the American Conservative stated a drugged out GLBT vegan in a Smart Car was responsible for the crash.

bouncer

Seasoned Expediter
Before everybody forwards this to everyone you know, Be informed , this story or versions of it have be around since about 1978.
First thing to check when someone posts something like this, is check "snopes.com"

Although the message of drunk driving is a good one the story is NOT recent or tru

clcooper

Expert Expediter
Are you not able to commit t anything? That seems to be a continuing thing in your posts. You like to post about things but claim your not on one side or the other even though your writings in those threads leave no question about your true feelings on the subjects.. In this case you posted obviously wanting people to believe you wrote the story.When that was disproved you again would not admit it and tried to say you would not say because people would ask you to prove it. Disproved again your story morphs once more.

Reality is not really that scary of a thing, you should try it some time.

nope never wanted anybody to think the story was about myself . but since a few wanted to think and JUDGE me . i thought why not be IGNORANT like them . just like you did

Although the message of drunk driving is a good one the story is NOT recent or tru

that is why i posted it . for the MESSAGE it put out about drunk driving . weather it is true or not i didnt care .
and the message doesnt have to be about drunk driving either . it can be any thing that people do that is stupid . most will only think a drunk driver and never look at the way that they drive themselfs

but you or nobody cant ever tell me that something like this has never happened ever . you cant tell me that a little boy who lost his sister didnt want to put a doll in her coffin .

and you have proved my point
some people will never think or open their minds and look at the message .

so after reading something like this makes me think alittle more when i am driving . that if i drove stupid it may take a mother and little girl lives. and not just mine

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Note to OP: If you don't want people assuming it is you in a story, try not to have the first word to be "I".
:p

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
koolaid.gif

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Note to OP: If you don't want people assuming it is you in a story, try not to have the first word to be "I".
:p

Um, no offense to CL, but anyone who didn't recognize that as typical of the 'stories' and warnings that folks love to forward in emails needs more coffee, or something. I never thought it was written by the OP - have seen way too many like it in my inbox [and I delete them - or sometimes, send a link to Snopes, if the sender seems to be deluded.]
But it was a good reminder of the danger we deal with every day & night: drunk drivers.
And I still think they should be required to log, not us. :mad:

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
and for a song being wrote about it . i know alot of songs are wrote from something that has happened in real life .

A song made popular by Nina Simone and made even more popular by the Animals comes to mind in regards to my post and your "Like". Oh well, I tried.

JimF51

Seasoned Expediter
As Bouncer pointed out, this story has been around for years. For those of you not born before the 'electronic age', things like this story would show up in your mail box. Usually asking you to add your name to the list of people included with the letter, then send it on, with one copy going back to original sender. That's how they harvested addresses in the pre-email day.

Regarding the OP's comments about 'keeping it simple, stupid', for the stupid ones here, think that was rather insulting, and a p**s poor excuse for his bad punctuation, grammer, and spelling.

Perhaps a case of "can we say troll?" ?

clcooper

Expert Expediter
As Bouncer pointed out, this story has been around for years. For those of you not born before the 'electronic age', things like this story would show up in your mail box. Usually asking you to add your name to the list of people included with the letter, then send it on, with one copy going back to original sender. That's how they harvested addresses in the pre-email day.

Regarding the OP's comments about 'keeping it simple, stupid', for the stupid ones here, think that was rather insulting, and a p**s poor excuse for his bad punctuation, grammer, and spelling.

Perhaps a case of "can we say troll?" ?

so the message from what i posted . was to see how long that story was around .

the message was posted for others to judge the punctuation, grammer, and spelling.

the message was posted to see if it was a true story or not .

and some are still judgeing me and other of our punctuation, grammer, and spelling.
but they still prove they them selfs have very poor reading comprehension skills

it's easy to forget that "learning to read" is not the same as "reading comprehension." By "learning to read", is just decoding words. "Reading comprehension" requires understanding, which comes after learning how to interact with the text.

so the next time you are out drinking and getting ready to drive home just remember my punctuation, grammer, and spelling. dont think of the story

Last edited:

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
ENOUGH ENOUGH ENOUGH! Move on folks. No argument to win here.

I agree Jack. I didn't take that cooper wrote this. It was the message behind the story. Like I said before. " if people had the love in their hearts like this little boy did, the world would be a better place to live". If the story is true or not, who cares. The meaning and the thoughts are what is important.