LayoutShooter is a Chicken when it comes to Debate

Rhodes101

Not a Member
Lets see...Rhodes
doesn't give a hoot about the site, the members or the Expo..

He has been confrontational since his arrival..

all this to-day has been quite a waste of space and the whole thing should be wiped out....it serves NO purpose whatsoever...has nothing to do with expediting and is totally personal....

I agree OVM about wiping it out please do so. As far as meeting some members I have met and know a few. Most have been driven away and no longer post here.

Turtle, sorry if this thread came accross as a personal attack on Layout it was not my intent. I was just trying to get him to debate, bad mistake I am sorry that I ever brought this up. I guess it was an atttck but it was meant in fun not malicious.

I guess, I will just go away.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I agree OVM about wiping it out please do so. As far as meeting some members I have met and know a few. Most have been driven away and no longer post here.

Turtle, sorry if this thread came accross as a personal attack on Layout it was not my intent. I was just trying to get him to debate, bad mistake I am sorry that I ever brought this up. I guess it was an atttck but it was meant in fun not malicious.

I took it as fun, I was having fun, what's your problem? Making fun of Expo just because you painted yourself into a corner is silly. Lighten up, I joined in with you!!

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Actually, I think this thread has indeed served a wonderful purpose. Quite humorous actually. Rhodes made an accusation against Layout. Layout gave him a good natured opportunity to fulfill the bet. Rhodes declined, and offered no alternative venue. Game over!

Well played, Layoutshooter.

Last edited:

copdsux

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Have to agree with LOS, about the Expo. I only attended one, not sure if it was '01 or '02, and it WAS fun. It was held in the Detroiter parking lot! What a venue, right?

Poorboy

Expert Expediter

Ya Know, I have been sitting back reading Your Threads and Posts and have Not Hardly said anything in Regards to your Topics as You Have Every Right to say what's on your Mind! But since you came here in January, all you have Posted are Just Drive by Postings at Best! I Guess you Think that you are a Funny Person when in Actuality you are Not, But Kinda Childish at best.
Layout called you out on your "Chicken" Thread but the way I and some Others see it is that #-1 You don't have the Stones to back up your Mouth And Or#-2 You are afraid that someone just might Discover that you have been "Previously Banned" from this site! Which is it? Then to call the Expo Stupid? For someone who Hasn't even Been to one to say that, says a-lot about the one who made the statement! The Old Adage comes to mind that: People who live in Glass Houses should Never throw Stones seems to fit here! I Myself Haven't been to one, But my Plans are to go to this One as From the People I have Talked to and what I Have Read on this Site one can learn a-lot of things to help their business succeed from the very Knowledgeable People who put on the Seminars as well as The Expeditors themselve's. I have also learned that there is a Real good time in the Parking Lot during and After the Expo,where you can meet a-lot of Really Decent People and Have a-lot of fun too.
This is Not a Personal attack on you, Like you did to Layout, But if you want to take it as One, Then so be it! :rolleyes:

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
If I may interject my two cents worth...

I've been to 3 expos, 1 in Detroit and 2 in Wilmington. IMHO they were all pretty lame. Not much more than your run of the mill, small time trade shows. Having said that, I would LOVE to see a face to face debate between not only Layoutshooter and Rhodes 101, but also Cheri and Layoutshooter. I would pay good money to see either one.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If I may interject my two cents worth...

I've been to 3 expos, 1 in Detroit and 2 in Wilmington. IMHO they were all pretty lame. Not much more than your run of the mill, small time trade shows. Having said that, I would LOVE to see a face to face debate between not only Layoutshooter and Rhodes 101, but also Cheri and Layoutshooter. I would pay good money to see either one.

Anytime. One condition, all monies go to the Pointe Mouillee Waterfowl Festival and the 64th Michigan Duck Hunters Tournament.

They are not lame, you missed the main point, seeing friends, having fun and learning from one another.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
Anytime. One condition, all monies go to the Pointe Mouillee Waterfowl Festival and the 64th Michigan Duck Hunters Tournament.

They are not lame, you missed the main point, seeing friends, having fun and learning from one another.

..How about any monies go to the Wounded Warriors Project??

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Actually, I think this thread has indeed served a wonderful purpose. Quite humorous actually. Rhodes made an accusation against Layout.
Clearly true.
Layout gave him a good natured opportunity to fulfill the bet.
Clearly false: Layout declined the suggested debate, unless it is staged on his terms [ie at the Expo, bets placed, proceeds benefiting charity of his choice, no matter who 'wins'.]
Rhodes declined, and offered no alternative venue.
Rhodes proposed the venue - Layout changed it, Rhodes declined - why should he "offer an alternative venue"?
Game over!
Yep - just as it ends in the Soapbox, too. Layout changes the subject repeatedly until it's a hopeless muddle, and he usually wins by default, when everyone else is tired of it.

Well played, Layoutshooter.
No doubt Layoushooter agrees, but I do not.
I thought the original proposal [whatever the pretext, or subtext, whatever] was intriguing - how about trying it?
Would be a much wider audience online than in person, at least.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No doubt Layoushooter agrees, but I do not.
I thought the original proposal [whatever the pretext, or subtext, whatever] was intriguing - how about trying it?
Would be a much wider audience online than in person, at least.

Don't want to meet at Expo? LOL!! No problem. Life without fun sucks.

The original proposal is NOT where he called me a "chicken" You apparently don't understand the "rules of the dare" All I did was up it to a "Double Dog Dare" What fun!! That is how it was meant. Ever watch the "Christmas Story"?

As to my charity idea, what harm is there in trying to make a little money for wetlands restoration? You can't be opposed to that. That project is only that biggest fresh water estury restoration in North American and is right in your back yard. (you are from Ohio are you not? this is just inside MI) You are more than welcome to come out and help. We are always looking for more hands to pitch in. REAL LIFE conservation work is far more fun than just wishing that things could improve.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Don't want to meet at Expo?
Oh, I'm pretty sure we'll meet at the Expo - and I'm pretty sure we'll get along, too [long as we don't discuss politics, at least] ;)
LOL!! No problem. Life without fun sucks.
This is what I'm talkin about: just a few posts ago, you said "Life is too short for silly", so which is it?

The original proposal is NOT where he called me a "chicken" You apparently don't understand the "rules of the dare" All I did was up it to a "Double Dog Dare" What fun!! That is how it was meant. Ever watch the "Christmas Story"?
I saw the movie - and thought it was about the kids we were, not the adults we are - I'd be seriously concerned about the mental state of any adult who still says "I double dog dare you!" actually. Very seriously concerned. For real.

As to my charity idea, what harm is there in trying to make a little money for wetlands restoration? You can't be opposed to that.
Yet another straw man argument: my objection wasn't to your charity of choice, but to your demanding the right to choose in the first place.
That project is only that biggest fresh water estury restoration in North American and is right in your back yard. (you are from Ohio are you not? this is just inside MI) You are more than welcome to come out and help. We are always looking for more hands to pitch in. REAL LIFE conservation work is far more fun than just wishing that things could improve.
Should I find the time to get involved in such a worthy venture, I'll be sure to ask you how it can be done, ok? Meantime, my "do gooder" dance card is full up, thanks.

Now: what's wrong with the original proposal, again?:confused:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Should I find the time to get involved in such a worthy venture, I'll be sure to ask you how it can be done, ok? Meantime, my "do gooder" dance card is full up, thanks.

Now: what's wrong with the original proposal, again?:confused:

Nothing, never said there was. I just said that I thought it might be a bit too stuffy for expediters considering the nature that many have. More suited to free flow conversation than a "staged" debate. If I read it correctly he mentioned Greg, Turtle and I think, RLENT, not me. In fact, he even said, "NOT layoutshooter" but that was maybe meant because of the Joe Schmoe line.

Sorry I tried to have fun. Sorry you seem to take stuff so personal. Nothing, at least on my part, was meant that way. I said NOTHING about you in any way shape or form. Did you read the original thread?

Sorry you don't think that wetlands are not worth a few bucks, or as the "Rocket" suggested, Wounded Warriors. I just always look for new ways to raise a few bucks for good causes. Sorry that offends you too. :(

Last edited:

Rhodes101

Not a Member
I almost deleted my acount, but couldn't figure out how. Thanks Cheri! There was no ulterior motive behind the 1st thread just thought it might be fun.
You make a good point though Cheri, why couldn't a few try it on here without others jumping in and saying no do it at the expo. Some law against doing both, I suppose it is just more fun to jump on someone elses idea. I actually drove a lot the last day or so and spent alot of time thinking about that debate idea. Driving solo gives you way too much time to think of stupid things I guess. Cheri please post if you are going to make the expo, If I am near I will stop in and say hello.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Nothing, never said there was. I just said that I thought it might be a bit too stuffy for expediters considering the nature that many have. More suited to free flow conversation than a "staged" debate.
Maybe some would have disagreed, if they'd had a chance, before it became all about what you think everyone would like.
If I read it correctly he mentioned Greg, Turtle and I think, RLENT, not me. In fact, he even said, "NOT layoutshooter" but that was maybe meant because of the Joe Schmoe line.
RELNT, Turtle, & Greg would be the obvious choices: prepared to defend their statements in a logical and rational format. There are others, too, but those are the first who come to mind, IMO.
I do think the "Not LOS" referred to Joe Schmoe - as he specifically challenged you to begin with.

Sorry I tried to have fun. Sorry you seem to take stuff so personal.
You are only sorry to be challenged, you ask me - and yes, when someone mentions me, I take it personal - don't you?
Nothing, at least on my part, was meant that way. I said NOTHING about you in any way shape or form. Did you read the original thread?
Of course - did you read the questions/comments that you chose not to respond to?
Sorry you don't think that wetlands are not worth a few bucks, or as the "Rocket" suggested, Wounded Warriors. I just always look for new ways to raise a few bucks for good causes. Sorry that offends you too. :(
Again you put words in my mouth that I never said, and THAT does offend me. Please show where I said or implied what you just stated.

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
We have not started on the menu yet but we hope to real soon. Watch online for it. I intend to bring venison sausage and Mrs. Layoutshooter is going to make homemade potato salad.

Home Made Potato Salad? I Haven't had that since Before My Wife Passed Away, Save me some Please!! :D

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I almost deleted my acount, but couldn't figure out how. Thanks Cheri! There was no ulterior motive behind the 1st thread just thought it might be fun.
You make a good point though Cheri, why couldn't a few try it on here without others jumping in and saying no do it at the expo. Some law against doing both, I suppose it is just more fun to jump on someone elses idea. I actually drove a lot the last day or so and spent alot of time thinking about that debate idea. Driving solo gives you way too much time to think of stupid things I guess. Cheri please post if you are going to make the expo, If I am near I will stop in and say hello.
Rhodes: I will be there, and am looking forward to it. I've missed a few, but it's always a good time [especially if you were around when it was held at the Detroiter, lol]
Totally understand the driving solo thing - I spend a lot of time hearing what's inside my head, too. :)