LayoutShooter is a Chicken when it comes to Debate

Rhodes101

Not a Member
Rhodes takes the affirmative:
Opening Statement:

Layoutshooter talks the talk but he doesn't walk the walk when it comes to debating topics. He would rather type the same ol' cliches Vote the scum out, get rid of career polititions, etc. etc. Than to challenge himself at the art of debate. With over 10,000 posts of nothing but slogans. His weak retort that he would rather discuss real issues falls on deaf ears here. I suppose it is an overwhelming fear of being shown up that makes him so weak kneed for this endeavor. So come on layout walk the walk.
oops this might have been a mistake if he argues back at all I lose.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Rhodes takes the affirmative:
Opening Statement:

Layoutshooter talks the talk but he doesn't walk the walk when it comes to debating topics. He would rather type the same ol' cliches Vote the scum out, get rid of career polititions, etc. etc. Than to challenge himself at the art of debate. With over 10,000 posts of nothing but slogans. His weak retort that he would rather discuss real issues falls on deaf ears here. I suppose it is an overwhelming fear of being shown up that makes him so weak kneed for this endeavor. So come on layout walk the walk.
oops this might have been a mistake if he argues back at all I lose.

OH YEAH!!! Live and in color at Expo!! Under the E.O. tent!! Or are YOU too chicken to show? ONE catch. "Bets" must be placed with all proceeds going to the Pointe Mouillee Waterfowl Festival and 64th Michigan Duck Hunters Tournament!! Lawrence picks the topic. Disguises are not allowed!!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Never been to the Expo and don't plan on it. What would that do as far as killing time on the road?

Nothing, just far more fun!! Who's chicken now? :D (better sense of humor than you planned on, eh? :p ) Your boredom is not my problem!! Put up or shut up!! YOUR TURN!! :p How about you don't show up and you DONATE $100 to my cause? NO GUTS NO GLORY!!

Rhodes101

Not a Member
It's just that I do not make plans to attend non family events. If I am on the road, I am working. If I happen to be near the expo on a layover I will come and debate your pants off (nevermind that's a scary thought).
It might be a fun thing for those that are going to be there, for me it could cost me a good run or alot of deadhead to get there.
A great strawman argument, you are the king of that, we all know. Change the subject and argue something else!

If that was your opening consider this my rebuttal.:D

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
C'mon Rhoades,you chose the event,LOS chose the venue.

Surely after calling him out you aren't going to try and hide behind your keyboard are you?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's just that I do not make plans to attend non family events. If I am on the road, I am working. If I happen to be near the expo on a layover I will come and debate your pants off (nevermind that's a scary thought).
It might be a fun thing for those that are going to be there, for me it could cost me a good run or alot of deadhead to get there.
A great strawman argument, you are the king of that, we all know. Change the subject and argue something else!

If that was your opening consider this my rebuttal.:D

Life's tough Leghorn!! Put up or shut up!! ANYONE can throw out a challenge in a chat forum, it takes a real MAN to show up in PERSON!! Figures, you throw it out and then BACK OFF! And you call ME chicken? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!! OR, is there a DARKER reason? Don't want anyone to know who you are? YOU AIN'T GOT THE GUTS TO SHOW UP, DO YOU? (l shout, taking the white gloves out of my pocket, you know what that means if you watched the movie :p) ( I will keep my pants on either way. :D) You know what they say "A COWARD dies a thousand deaths a layoutshooter only one!!" :rolleyes:

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Oh for CRYIN out load guys.

So Rhodes is actually working.
Cant fault him for not missing that load.

But, I guess Layout has the right to site the venue.

All type but no conviction.......eh Rhodes.

dabluzman:D

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
LOL!! HEY, I love this!! We are ALL working. LEGHORN RUNS!! Film at 11!! (hey, give me a break, I get a dollar for every post over 10,000)

Rhodes101

Not a Member
You guys want to have a debate at the Expo, go for it. I have no plans on being there, don't really want to knock your party, but if I must. I think it is a stupid event to me. It would serve no purpose I am not looking for a new truck or carrier.
This was meant as something to kill a little time during a layover. My calling shooter a chicken was just a ploy to get him to play.
Ok he is not interested in it. I get it, jeez. Not sure about the other stuff and the color cracks are pretty out of line.
You guys sure know how to squash an idea that is for sure. Without even trying it, wouldn't you have to admit it would be entertaining to see Turtle and Rlent battle a neutral topic? They are both fantastic at debating, but I can't remember them debating each other.
I guess we can just continue to read the same old stuff here. I think it would have been fun. Just because I would rsather make money for my family or be with them instead of going to an Expo, you guys jump to lots of conclusions. Well good for you!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You guys want to have a debate at the Expo, go for it. I have no plans on being there, don't really want to knock your party, but if I must. I think it is a stupid event to me. It would serve no purpose I am not looking for a new truck or carrier.
This was meant as something to kill a little time during a layover. My calling shooter a chicken was just a ploy to get him to play.
Ok he is not interested in it. I get it, jeez. Not sure about the other stuff and the color cracks are pretty out of line.
You guys sure know how to squash an idea that is for sure. Without even trying it, wouldn't you have to admit it would be entertaining to see Turtle and Rlent battle a neutral topic? They are both fantastic at debating, but I can't remember them debating each other.
I guess we can just continue to read the same old stuff here. I think it would have been fun. Just because I would rsather make money for my family or be with them instead of going to an Expo, you guys jump to lots of conclusions. Well good for you!

I use "deflection" ? Seems to me you have "Star Trek" quality deflector shields, eh Leghorn? Imagine, calling Expo stupid and then talk about cracks being out of line. That is REALLY funny!! You just cannot take the heat!!! What have you got to hide?

Rhodes101

Not a Member
It is stupid TO ME, get it yet? You enjoy going and showing off your truck and business savy then go for it. This biz is not a rocket science. I stay out for weeks on end alone, my home time is more important to me than meeting any of you, If I am laid over that weekend near there I still would not bother.

AS far as the online debate, I would have played but I did not feel as though I had any chance of winning. I know that many here would kill me in a debate (not you though). I thought it would be fun to make a game of it and have a winner. You don't think it's worth the effort I get it. Maybe a couple of other people will respond with an interest, if not oh well.

I came up with an idea, you don't like it so you demand that I meet you in person, seems a little childish to me.

I did make a mistake with this chicken thread, it was a bad attempt to get you to play along, and have some fun. I thought if you debated back instead of switching it up demanding to do it in person you might have actually had fun with it. Like I said if you want to have a debate party at the Expo let us, that do not attend know who won.

Who knows it might have started something here that many would have enjoyed. So you squashed it good for you. Im done with it.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It is stupid TO ME, get it yet? You enjoy going and showing off your truck and business savy then go for it. This biz is not a rocket science. I stay out for weeks on end alone, my home time is more important to me than meeting any of you, If I am laid over that weekend near there I still would not bother.

AS far as the online debate, I would have played but I did not feel as though I had any chance of winning. I know that many here would kill me in a debate (not you though). I thought it would be fun to make a game of it and have a winner. You don't think it's worth the effort I get it. Maybe a couple of other people will respond with an interest, if not oh well.

I came up with an idea, you don't like it so you demand that I meet you in person, seems a little childish to me.

I did make a mistake with this chicken thread, it was a bad attempt to get you to play along, and have some fun. I thought if you debated back instead of switching it up demanding to do it in person you might have actually had fun with it. Like I said if you want to have a debate party at the Expo let us, that do not attend know who won.

Who knows it might have started something here that many would have enjoyed. So you squashed it good for you. Im done with it.

Seems to me, Leghorn, that I was playing along, it was you that was not. All talk, no action. I was having fun, guess your sense of humor and mine don't mesh, eh? All I did was pick up your challenge. Life is so much more fun in person, don't you think?

Just in case you don't know, Mrs. Layoutshooter and I are NOT going to Expo to show off our truck. We are NOT going to buy a truck. We are going because it is FUN!! We go because we like seeing real life FRIENDS we have met on the road. We are going because I have a nice big grill for the cookout. Besides, as a moderator I have a responsibility to show up, so there!!

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I think it is a stupid event to me.
Never been to the Expo and don't plan on it.
What's your stand on green eggs and ham?

My calling shooter a chicken was just a ploy to get him to play.
Perhaps, but, intentionally or not, doing it here in the General Expediting Forum instead of the Soapbox comes off as one of the more blatant personal attacks on a Forum Member that I've seen.

Without even trying it, wouldn't you have to admit it would be entertaining to see Turtle and Rlent battle a neutral topic?
Yeah, neutral topics are always so riveting and exciting. They're like magnets for the masses. The only people who would enjoy such a debate would be those who enjoy chewing on tin foil while licking a 9-volt battery.

They are both fantastic at debating, but I can't remember them debating each other.
We save that for on the phone and in person. EO couldn't handle our debates. A few would learn some new things and learn new ways to look at other things, but for the most part eyes would just glaze over, logins and hits would dwindle, ad revenue would dry up, there would be mass suicides under the water tower. That would be bad.

I guess we can just continue to read the same old stuff here.
Same old stuff? Dood, you've only been here since January. <snort>

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Lets see...Rhodes
doesn't give a hoot about the site, the members or the Expo..

He has been confrontational since his arrival..

all this to-day has been quite a waste of space and the whole thing should be wiped out....it serves NO purpose whatsoever...has nothing to do with expediting and is totally personal....