Lawrence McCord

VTurri

Seasoned Expediter
My deepest condolences goes out to the the McCord family and the Expediters Online staff. He was always a nice guy and I know he is very well respected among the expedite companies in the industry, he will be missed.

Reactions: davekc and chillout

ShellyB007

Insurance Guru
Motor Carrier Executive
Our hearts go out to Deb and the kids as we remember "the good old days" when we had so much fun together. Wishing everyone peace and calm at this difficult time. RIP old friend.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
So sorry to hear. I just found out. Condolences to the family.
Many good memories over the years. He will be missed.

Last edited:
Reactions: chillout

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
Lawrence was a dear friend who we met when we each were cargo van o/o's for Roberts Express, the forerunner of FedEx Custom Critical. Rene and I worked with Lawrence and Debbie at MATS where their first booth was a small table on the corner of a rug at the rear of the Stoops Freightliner. Lawrence's heart was always with God, Family and the expedite community. I have missed the man and family since 2017 when I left the expedite business after 28 great years. RIP my friend

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
Just found out about his passing. He will be missed, was a great leader and friend .

Reactions: davekc

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Wow! I'm only now learning this news and it saddens me.

Lawrence was instrumental in recruiting Diane and me into the expediting business in 2003. He and others were working the EO booth at the MATS truck show. Then researching the trucking industry as a possible career, we discovered EO and expediting there. A few years later, Lawrence asked me to write for the Expedite Now magazine.

Lawrence was a change maker of the first order. An early expediter himself, he had the vision and determination to build EO into a powerful force in the industry. There are hundreds if not thousands of people who found their way into expediting because of him. He made a life-changing and hugely positive difference in our lives and the lives of many others.

Rest in Peace Lawrence. May God be with those you left behind. Yours is a wonderful legacy. Diane and I are grateful for and proud of you.