Laundry

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
Thanks Team C,
Just gave it a test run and it could be helpful. We will add it to our tool box.
Now, if they were able to tell you about parking . . . Priceless
:D

guido4475

Not a Member
I usually gps a laundromat and then call them and ask them if they have room for a 40 ft long motorhome.The responses are alot more negative if I tell them I am in a truck. And yes, truckstop laundromats sometimes are terrible. Every 2 weeks I take everything possible out of the truck to be washed.In between those 2 weeks I just do my clothes.And I find it so much easier to put the cupful of detergent in a ziplock bag.Just open it up and put it in the washer.That way it is one more less thing that I have to take in with me.And those downy balls are awesome!!

ihamner

Expert Expediter
What a great site! You just put in your zip code and it gives the address AND phone number of the laundromat. That is so cool! Thanks for sharing this info Linder!!

nobb4u

Expert Expediter
When I am in doubt about parking ANYWHERE be it a movie, shopping center, customer location or any unknown area I Google Earth get Sat photo of location sometimes there is parking across the street or on other side of building.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
I use the zipcode and Google satellite imaging to see what's around. We've found quite a few places that way, including shippers and receivers. It's nice to be able to see whether there is parking or not.

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
One of my favorite laundromats is in Marion, IL, I-57, exit 53. There is a gas station with a laundromat in the back of it. Can you believe $.50 a wash? Oh, the best part is you park at the Cracker Barrel. :D Always thinking of my stomach.

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
One of my favorite laundromats is in Marion, IL, I-57, exit 53. There is a gas station with a laundromat in the back of it. Can you believe $.50 a wash? Oh, the best part is you park at the Cracker Barrel. :D Always thinking of my stomach.

That just became a write-in entry to our "Next Exit" guide.
Wash for .50 cents while eating at Cracker Barrel. Life is good.
:D

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Great site Team, thank you very much but I do have one question. Why is it under womens view? I almost didn't come in to read it because of that but saw the title so thought I would check it out. Guys don't do laundry? ;)

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I just put this post under the Women's View because I was here and things do not get buried as quick in this thread.

Got you here to read....

Wingnut

Seasoned Expediter
Before we got 'modern' and got a GPS, I used to go thru the local phone book in the town that we were in & find a laundrymat that way.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Just think, someday the new trucks will have a washer and dryer they seem to have everything else.

bryan

Veteran Expediter
Hi
Some of you might want to check out the Lehmans Catalog and web site.They are an Amish store in Kidron Ohio.I seen alot of stuff that would come in handy in a truck, like a small powerless washer.
I love looking through their catalogs and finding inventive ways to do things.Like useing vegatable oil for lantern fuel.

bludragon13

Seasoned Expediter
Hi
Some of you might want to check out the Lehmans Catalog and web site.They are an Amish store in Kidron Ohio.I seen alot of stuff that would come in handy in a truck, like a small powerless washer.
I love looking through their catalogs and finding inventive ways to do things.Like useing vegatable oil for lantern fuel.

Found my first lehams catalog in 1973 through the Whole Earth catalog (devine rights trip printed at bottom of pages) it was the second must have for the back to the earth,save the planet hippie nation -oh stop rethink- thats EVERYBODY(except REPULICANS) now:).

Last edited: