Largest sign on Bonus I've ever seen

ConfusedMuse

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So what's the catch with the 15,000.00$ sign on bonus with Panther. It caught my attention
but as with most things if it sounds too good to be true, you know it is. Then it's just sensationlism designed to catch the unwary looking for the pot of gold, and usually becomes a nightmare.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Probably gotta jump through a 100 loops to get that money

Load One #188

As a Panther Fleet Owner who has just signed on eight trucks with Panther Expedited Services in the past 10 months, we didn't have to jump threw hoops to get our sign on bonus for any of our trucks. The bonus is based on how many loads the truck does, how your in service is, how your service goes as far as on time pick up and delivery, are you a team or solo, do you have haz mat, can you go to Canada, are you government cleared. As a fleet owner that stays on top of what loads are drivers miss out on, 90% of them are Haz Mat loads that are over 1000 to 1500 miles most of the time.

Sounds to me like a good sign on bonus. The head of recruiting at Panther is one of the nicest people at Panther and fights for his owners and Fleet Owners if he feels things are not right. Kyle Mitchin is all about retention of drivers and owners and has earned my respect since moving into the recruiting department of Panther Expedited Services. When he tells you he going to do something, Kyle does and then some. I had an issues one time with a truck that needed to be repaired and our settlement wasn't as high as I thought it would be. Kyle called me and said we can advance you the money you need for this repair to get the truck back in service. That is the kind of man Kyle Mitchin is. I'm glad we are leased on with Panther and don't plan to move any of our trucks anywhere unless my brother comes back driving for me.

Last edited:

ts675

Seasoned Expediter
I can't find anything on a 15k sign on. Can the op point me in the right direction. For that kinda money I'll put another one on.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I thought Adam Walters was the recruiting manager, did he move up?

Adam Walters hasn't been the Recruiting Manager in almost two years. Adam is no longer with Panther as of last June I think.

ts675

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks Jim can't see EO homepage from mobile phone will Ck from my laptop. Thanks again.

boonsdad

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Does this mean that if those special red KWs went back they would get 30k?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
As a Panther Fleet Owner who has just signed on eight trucks with Panther Expedited Services in the past 10 months, we didn't have to jump threw hoops to get our sign on bonus for any of our trucks.

So you've got $120,000 bonus money from Panther sitting in your bank? Cool!

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
Mitchin explains that while sign-on bonuses will be available for all new Panther contractors, the top pay out will go to tractor teams and straight truck teams who have their HAZMAT endorsement, passports, and a secret security clearance. Those teams will be eligible for up to $15,000 in bonuses, paid to the truck over a 180-day period.

Not bad. 180 days for 15K is not a long time to wait (it's paid in chunks) ST or TT teams is nice to.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
So you've got $120,000 bonus money from Panther sitting in your bank? Cool!

No, Moot as they didn't offer a sign on bonus that high when we signed on our trucks. I wish I got $120,000.00 sign on bonus.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
When signing bonuses are offered, it seems that it is something to substitute for revenue creation.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
When signing bonuses are offered, it seems that it is something to substitute for revenue creation.

Not sure I follow? As for Panther's, can't really comment as I just heard about it Friday without all the specifics.

Hyperdrive

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Merely an ovberstation, but I would bet the acceptance rate will be nearly 100% in order to receive that bonus.