Landshark

idtrans

Expert Expediter
Is it just me they are slow as heck to pay with mountains of lies of why they pay slow? I know for a fact they are way behind on paying some brokers also they brokered freight to. And I also know they are behind a few weeks now on paying a friend of mine that's leased with them !

SO my ? is it just myself and the 4 others I know of or is it others of you also they are dragging their feet to pay also ?

BY the way I ended my contract with them I am fed of of their disorganization and lies ! And the 6am check up calls insanity they call you at 6am everyday even days off to ask where your at that is just plumb stupid and disrespectful to the drivers !

My other ? is how many times have they paid you less than the agreed in contract rate I know myself they have tried a few times now but no way forget that noise pay agreed upon rate or get lost is my theory !

I love it they are blaming the post office for my checks not arriving but I get a stupid xmas card from them and a stupid new contract that is updated to keep them from a law suit from drivers for a very serious error in their old contract !

Well all I can say is if you make the mistake I and a few others made and join their company be ready for many silly headaches.

And also I am not moaning and groaning about $200 or so no amount owed to me is way higher it is for 5000 plus miles ran sprinter miles so it is a large chunk of change!

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
I've never been very bright :), kind of dense actually:D. But I will never understand how any person can let someone get the upper hand for thousands of dollars, unless it's done in one work weeks schedule. Holding back after a person leaves is another story. Who has thousands tied up in Escrow?

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
No offence meant. ;) For my self I would have parked when the first week wasn't in my account.

idtrans

Expert Expediter
No offence meant. ;) For my self I would have parked when the first week wasn't in my account.

Well they mail checks out ! I live alone and did park the truck as soon as i didnt see any of their checks ! My friend is a moron he is still gonna pull freight because he is scared they won't pay him if he dumps them from his list.

From now on I will only stay with companies that do direct deposit. That shows they are more level headed in my book doing DD.

Reactions: 1 person

Vinnie T

Seasoned Expediter
Usually if a carrier is owed money and they hit the brokers surety bond, companies have a funny way of finding cash quick to pay those overdue invoices.

As far as the O/O are concerned they have less recourse unless they want to wait months for a court date. But at some point, you have to cut your losses and file suit, find a good carrier that pays their bills and try to move on. Tough time of year to have a company play games with settlements. That's unfortunate, if they are having cash flow issues they should look into a facoring company and get their contractors paid before the holidays at the very least!

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
Idtrans,
I sent you a pm please get back to me. We drive for Landshark also and I have some questions for you. We drive straight truck. I won't put here all of our issues. I would like to talk to you and compare notes.

Our morning wake up calls to find out where we were is at 7am.

I finally got to the point on Mondays that I would say we are right where you left on us Friday waiting for a run all week end long but haven't heard from you all week end. So we are right where you left us and forgot about us!

idtrans

Expert Expediter
Idtrans,
I sent you a pm please get back to me. We drive for Landshark also and I have some questions for you. We drive straight truck. I won't put here all of our issues. I would like to talk to you and compare notes.

Our morning wake up calls to find out where we were is at 7am.

I finally got to the point on Mondays that I would say we are right where you left on us Friday waiting for a run all week end long but haven't heard from you all week end. So we are right where you left us and forgot about us!

LOL you are nice I cuss them out something terrible and that was after there 3rd call to me. They are lame. I replied to your pm. sad that they don't take advice that is given to them but they are stubborn. I wish them the best but at the rate they are going I don't wanna sit around and see the future.

And as far as my money goes if it isnt here tomorrow with mail man I am in my truck going straight to their office and I will "MARK MY WORDS COLLECT IN PERSON ALL OF MY MONEY"

I do not have time for kiddie games this is big boy industry they need to go back and play in their sand boxes for a while !

JimF51

Seasoned Expediter
Not sure where the difference is, but past driver of truck I'm now in bought a Sprinter and signed on with Landstar. He's been running pretty steady, no issues. His pay is direct deposited like clock work, every week, no hassles with getting all he's owed.

He has shown the owner of this truck his settlement statements, and talked up Landstar enough that the owner is considering possibly switching.

??????

Jim F

comet_4298

Seasoned Expediter
Not sure where the difference is, but past driver of truck I'm now in bought a Sprinter and signed on with Landstar. He's been running pretty steady, no issues. His pay is direct deposited like clock work, every week, no hassles with getting all he's owed.

He has shown the owner of this truck his settlement statements, and talked up Landstar enough that the owner is considering possibly switching.

??????

Jim F
LANDSHARK and LANDSTAR are different company's.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
LANDSHARK and LANDSTAR are different company's.

Exactly, there is something to be said about closely worded brands and how people use them to cash in on the confusion. This company does not have 7500 trucks in their fleet nor has a blue star.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Not sure where the difference is, but past driver of truck I'm now in bought a Sprinter and signed on with Landstar.

The difference is simple. One is a star, and the other is a shark.:D

Landshark is also a beer, a Transformer, and a nickname for the Porshe 928.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Exactly, there is something to be said about closely worded brands and how people use them to cash in on the confusion. This company does not have 7500 trucks in their fleet nor has a blue star.

Very true. Have you ever seen Midwest Expediting (sister to All-Types) on the road? Their logo has an uncanny resemblance to Tri-State's.

rodeehos

Seasoned Expediter
we have been doing several loads for them over the past several months and i have noticed that they are paying my factoring company a little later and later. they are around the 60-70 day turnaround time frame lately. we are going to have to stop using them with my factoring co. because they charge me an extra 2% if the broker doesn't pay them within 60 days. they also will hound the snot out of you for a hard copy of the pod. they will threaten to deduct money from your load if they don't have it within a day or two after you drop. really?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
we are going to have to stop using them with my factoring co. because they charge me an extra 2% if the broker doesn't pay them within 60 days.
Your factoring company charges you an extra 2% on over 60 days? What happens it they never collect from the broker?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sounds like what we have here is another type shark. Factoring Shark. The concept behind factoring is to sell your receivable invoices to the factoring agent for less than the dollar value and be done with it. It should be up to factoring agent to collect or eat the debt. What am I missing here?

guido4475

Not a Member
I have a freind who used to be there, and left, and is fighting for past load pay and escrow.I highly doubt if this person will see any of it at all.Really too bad.I'll stick with the medium-sized carriers.I hear too much of problems of this nature with the smaller ones,not saying they all are bad.