Just had a penitentiary flashback....

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Her mother was the chief clerk
.she was deputy clerk..how hard is that. .mom's the boss if your cushy county government job..she won because of mommy
Her mother was the County Clerk, she was the Chief Deputy Clerk.

You are only reading the same Internet BS I'm reading..you have NEVER met the woman
Actually I have. Twice. I once had to obtain a corrected vehicle title there and do a transfer of title, and several years ago I had to renew a permit in that county for my previous job,

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Good for you. .how those twins doing?

Let's NOT forget...you need ZERO religious involvement to be LEGALLY married ..so where does religion even get off saying who or what goes down in a marriage anyway??
A LEGAL marriage is just a signed contract between 2 people. So If your getting married outside of any church..in front of a judge..NONYA. .
None of your dam buissness ....

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Let's NOT forget...you need ZERO religious involvement to be LEGALLY married ..so where does religion even get off saying who or what goes down in a marriage anyway??
If you understood anything about religions, or history, then you'd know the answer to that question. And since any answer I could possibly give you will not satisfy you, I won't bother.

A LEGAL marriage is just a signed contract between 2 people. So If your getting married outside of any church..in front of a judge..NONYA. .
None of your dam buissness ....
Well, it kind of is a little YA if your name is on the marriage certificate.

She never told anyone they couldn't get married. She even told people where the County Clerk's offices were in neighboring countries where they could go and get a marriage license with no problems. The closest one is 16 miles away.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
3173378-triple-facepalm-76680723777.jpg

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Kim Davis might be back at work on Monday. It will be interesting to see what direction things take when she returns. No doubt, there must be some strained relationships between Davis and her deputy clerks who have been issuing licenses in her absence and without her authorization. In Kentucky, a county clerk has considerable autonomy in how he or she runs the office. Davis is a duly elected official and if she has lost support in Rowan County, she will get that answer at the ballot box should she choose to run again.

On a side note, don't be surprised if the LGBT community decides to bus in homosexual couples to apply for marriage licenses in Rowan County. Making Rowan County a flashpoint on this issue seems a priority for the Far Left. Rowan County would have very few openly gay couples, so busing some in seems probable. The Kentucky state legislature might want to consider adopting residency requirements. In fact, there is no end to the possible state-level legislation which could address marriage in Kentucky. Outside of Louisville and Lexington, Kentucky as a whole is quite conservative. Even the old time Democrats, like Kim Davis.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
They've already had one couple fly in from California, I think it was, to get their license the day after she was thrown in jail. They were looking for a fight and unfortunately (for them) didn't get it.

There's still Whitley County (Williamsburg) where they still issue marriage licenses to straight couples, but not to gay couples. No gay couples have asked for one, yet, though. But the clerk says she will not issue them. And there's Casey County (Liberty) where the Clerk there stopped issuing marriage licenses altogether.

There are at least 9 counties in Alabama that have stopped issuing marriage licenses, as well.

blackpup

Veteran Expediter
They've already had one couple fly in from California, I think it was, to get their license the day after she was thrown in jail. They were looking for a fight and unfortunately (for them) didn't get it.

There's still Whitley County (Williamsburg) where they still issue marriage licenses to straight couples, but not to gay couples. No gay couples have asked for one, yet, though. But the clerk says she will not issue them. And there's Casey County (Liberty) where the Clerk there stopped issuing marriage licenses altogether.

There are at least 9 counties in Alabama that have stopped issuing marriage licenses, as well.
Doing away with marriage licenses altogether would have my vote

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Here's a funny. It's already funny enough that the Rowan County Circuit Court Clerk, Kim Tabor, has been receiving angry phone calls where people tell her how evil she is, because people are confusing her with the other Kim across the street at the Rowan County Clerk's office, Kim Davis, to the point where she finally got the t-shirt.

gay_marriage_kentucky-11.jpg

But I was at my County Clerk's office today and one of the Deputy Clerks told me another really funny, funny. Apparently, angry gay marriage supporters are angrily Googling "that Christian County Clerk" for the phone number and are calling poor Mike Kem and screaming at him.

Mike Kem is the Christian County Clerk (Hopkinsville). :JC-hysterical:

Reactions: RLENT and cheri1122

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
She is not doing this for religious reasons...she may say she is..she is doing it as I said a few posts earlier. .she is a miserable human being..she is as unhappy and miserable as you can get..as they say." Proof is in tje pudding" ..her history. ( all we know as of now) is the poster child for an unhappy person ..and she will be dammed if anyone else is happy.. sewn it 1st hand many timed before . ( and it's pretty obvious ) ..that sir makes her one hell of an evil woman!!!
(She is just a plain and simple Bit$h ..but evil is more PC)

As much as I disagree with what Davis has done, I don't have the slightest doubt that her beliefs are sincere [and her history is irrelevant]. Miserable? Not at all: she is feeling entirely content to have taken a stand, and there is no shortage of people cheering her for it. They reinforce her sense of righteousness, while ugly personal attacks just show her how wrong her 'enemies' are.
When I lived in New Orleans, one of my coworkers was a 'Louisiana Pentecostal', with beliefs much like Davis': never wore pants or jewelry [wedding ring & watch excepted], never cut her hair, either. She was one of a small group of us who were allowed to choose new uniforms once, with just one proviso: we all had to agree on one style. It's very fortunate that we found a style that included both skirts and pants, or I have no doubt we'd have all been wearing skirts, because she would NOT violate her beliefs for any reason. And the rest of us respected that, because her beliefs were an integral part of her, and she was someone we respected and liked very much.
So I can understand Davis' refusal to violate her beliefs, but if she cannot comply with the law and/or do her job because of them, then she has to choose one or the other.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
And the idiot lawyers are at it again, lol. Now they want the judge to allow Davis to continue the ban against issuing licenses, on the grounds that the judge's original order applied to only the couples who sued Davis, and they have since been given licenses [while she was in jail].
The fact that they did get licenses should tell Davis' crack legal team that she is going to lose the lawsuit, because her reasons are invalid. Blaming the Governor for refusing to remove Davis' name from the licenses isn't going to wash - it's not his circus, not his monkeys. [And boy, if that saying ever applied, it does here, lol]

Reactions: RLENT

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The voters indeed spoke ....thru their elected representitives/senate ..The state of Kentucky aka voters told her what to do..The duties of her job changed thru legislative action....if she can't do the will of the people, she herself was voted to do....then she should resign her postition.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
The voters indeed spoke ....thru their elected representitives/senate ..The state of Kentucky aka voters told her what to do..The duties of her job changed thru legislative action....if she can't do the will of the people, she herself was voted to do....then she should resign her postition.
There has never been any legislative action in Kentucky condoning homosexual cohabitation as marriage. There has never been any legislation whatsoever in Kentucky recognizing anything other than traditional marriage between one man and one woman. Judicial activism is not legislation. Homosexual unions are not recognized as legitimate forms of matrimony by the vast majority of Kentuckians because they aren't. If the will of the people held sway, practicing homosexuals would face jail time and rehabilitation in the Bluegrass state.