Just Curious....

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Hey professional drivers - just curious what is the longest trip, in miles, that your dispatch has ever offered to you, intended to be driven straight through? Please just give miles, and whether or not you took it and were successful in completing the trip. Please do not name carriers - this post is not intended to open regulatory cans of worms.

Thanks,
HotFr8Recruiter

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
In the days before Roberts Express started Limiting van mileage. I once did a 750 mi run,and then found customer wanted a return...1500 mi non-stop round trip.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
932 and did not take.
took one that 844 one way 6 hour break reloaded 844 straight back. crazy to do that, but i made it.

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Nice job guys and gals - I knew there were some real "troopers" out there in the Expedited industry.

Thanks,
HotFr8Recruiter

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
>Nice job guys and gals - I knew there were some real
>"troopers" out there in the Expedited industry.

Please define "troopers" as you use it in the above sentence.

bruchar

Expert Expediter
Kangar0085,
Picked up load in NY, delivered to Newfoundland then return to MO. With a 6 hr ferry ride.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
nightcreacher,
that must have been a good paying load to dh all that way to get it.
by the way that's a sharp ride you got there.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
3996, dh from Oakland CA to LA,2 stops,1st in Scranton PA,2nd in Delray Beach FL. Could have ate nails when that one ended.

Also did a Denver CO to St John Newfundland with a stop in Montreal but a good portion was on a overnight ferry from Nova Scotia to Newfundland.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
Laredo to Flint,michigan...1670 miles. p/u sat eve., delivered monday morning @ 7 a.m....just made it, ran it solo, wonuldn't try it again.