just bought a 26 foot truck and live in the nyc/nj/pa area

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
well if you are a negative person don't try to shatter someones else s dream.. its as simple as that... and your financial situation is not any of my business like mine ain't none of yours.. and i was brought up if u don't have something nice to say KEEP IT TO YOURSELF... simple as that.......

So the comment about "immature idiots posting dumb sh**" was something nice?
Really - you asked questions no one COULD answer, due to too little info [about the truck] and too generic [about a good carrier].
But worse was that you asked questions that have been asked and answered so many times that folks get sick of repeating the same answers for people who can't be bothered to see if it's already out there, so they get creative.
It's always a good idea to try to find out if your question is answered in the FAQ, because asking it again just invites the rowdies.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Okay joke time over, back to the subject at hand
Now we have some more info
Obviously this truck is not going to be suitable for expediting
which is mainly what this site is about
I would go to Bax/Schenker, UPS/overnite trucking, any local couriers, Ceva Logistics, any LTL company locally.
Most all like to use straight trucks that are not their own/some only have semi's If you have a liftgate it is a bigger plus.
If you have a liftgate you can sell your truck as a residential delivery unit as most LTL either have no liftgates or maybe one in the fleet.
Good Luck:)

paullud

Veteran Expediter
well if you are a negative person don't try to shatter someones else s dream.. its as simple as that... and your financial situation is not any of my business like mine ain't none of yours.. and i was brought up if u don't have something nice to say KEEP IT TO YOURSELF... simple as that.......

Your financial situation is incredibly important and can influence what company you would chose. One company will pay in 2 weeks, the next 3 weeks, and the next might be 30 days. If you don't have the financial stability to wait on a company to pay then that is an import thing when choosing what carrier you decide to go with and something a newbie may not think of since most are used to working 1 week and getting paid the next. There are also other considerations that are impacted by your financial well being that are important to your success and choice of company. I never asked how much you made or have in your account, I was trying to get things back on track from the attack to get more information so that there is as much information out there to help in any recommendations.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
do any body know any good company's????????
1st off i ready appreciate everybody's feed back thank you very much.
its a international 444E day cab..
and yes i bought the truck before i got the job because everywhere u call the first thing they ask if u own a truck..

So here is your answer. You have called companies
, I am guessing, and when you told them what happened.

This is an expedite forum/site. For the most part truckers are sleeper equipped. Someone posted names of companies that use day cabs. Looks like a good list. I was not kidding about mail service. Contact your local po for more Details.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter

This is an expedite forum/site. For the most part truckers are sleeper equipped. Someone posted names of companies that use day cabs. Looks like a good list. I was not kidding about mail service. Contact your local po for more Details.

Yes, Post Offices use outside contractors with straight trucks, the trick would be finding out who you need to talk to, I'd start with the Postmaster
The mail from the main post offices that are delivered to the smaller or rural post offices, more often than not are delivered buy someone other than a postal service employee.
At least that is the way it is here in Indiana.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
you where extremely helpful... and i don't see how people didn't see that.. and thank you very much ....

You are welcome. If you are closer to Newark, then go look for air cartage carriers near the airport. If closer to Philly, then look for companies there.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
They are round, but each of them have a big hole right straight thru the center of them.....and i was thinking of putting them on a EXPEDITE TRUCK ...you know thoe ones that are talked about on EXPEDITERS ONLINE...where most EXPEDITERS have trucks with SLEEPERS...and are EXPEDITERS...

I'd put them on a DAYCAB, but since I didn't talk about them in a TRUCKING FORUM that doesn't have it primary focus on EXPEDITING....I thought everyone would know that they were for a EXPEDITNG TRUCK.....

I guess if I had offered up more info to begin with, I would have been able to know i needed different tires to haul EXPEDITED FREIGHT that is the main focus of the topics on EXPEDITERS ONLINE.....:rolleyes:

And yes my post was stupid....that was explained in my next post where i posted.."exactly".....

Last edited:

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Yes, Post Offices use outside contractors with straight trucks, the trick would be finding out who you need to talk to, I'd start with the Postmaster
The mail from the main post offices that are delivered to the smaller or rural post offices, more often than not are delivered buy someone other than a postal service employee.
At least that is the way it is here in Indiana.

All the hauling of mail is done by bid.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter

Fedex Custom Critical has some daycab straight trucks runnin' around Long Island. Maybe they're not really an expedite carrier after all.....

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Fedex Custom Critical has some daycab straight trucks runnin' around Long Island. Maybe they're not really an expedite carrier after all.....

Jefferson: your point is well taken. However, before the post was edited, it basically said "Have truck, who's a good carrier?"
I didn't respond until the OP got upset at the 'jokers', and then I only explained where he'd goofed on EO - not in buying a truck first. [As you said, in hindsight, that's not a bit helpful]
I agree that we should try to refrain from pointing out a newbie's mistakes [outside EO] after he's made them - especially if he didn't ask that question. But I also think they should take some initiative to check for the answer [in FAQ, at least] before they ask "Who's a good carrier?"