JUNG EXPRESS LOAD ISSUE

MissouriNewbie

Seasoned Expediter
I hauled a load for Jung EXPRESS/Brokered by PANTHER II from dyer,IN to griffen,ga. a total of 733 on the miles at the rate of 1.20 plus 10% FSC acording to Panthers online database it was picked up three hours early and delivered 3 hours early. I have the paperwork for this. Initally I had a problem where with in the shuffle some how the bl got lost. It took me a course of neerly 3 weeks to obtain a copy of the bill of lading from panther. Once I did I immediatly turned it in to JUNG for payment. "It looks good we will get you paid next pay period." Here it is Next pay period and I call the owner and ask where the heck my pay is for my load. I get "We made up a mock up bill in order to get paid since you did not have one" I have the bill from panther that the consignee has with the POD signiture on there. Now is he trying to tell me that he forged the BL? Why does the BL I have in my posession from panther have the correct signiture? I need some advice on trying to obtain my money from this company. This is a bunch of crap if you ask me how a company gets the BL and doesnt pay the driver x( x(

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Sounds like he generated a BOL in order to get paid from Panther, which it sounds like he did. I would pursue the owner as it sounds like he has been already paid. Additionally, you could call Panther and they would probably tell you the date that it paid.

Davekc
owner
23 years
PantherII
EO moderator

MissouriNewbie

Seasoned Expediter
The whole Deal is I have the REAL BL from panther and if the one panther sent me is the one he sent panther then he forged the POD. Second of all how do I persue somthing like that? I mean I dont have the money to persue it thats the whole problem. hes holding that money and that money needs to go towards my bills IE Fuel,Ins,ect. Furthermore panther denied to state weather or not they paid they said their company will not get into the issue.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Your issue then is with Jung. If that can't be settled, you may give OOIDA a call and see if they could make a call or two on your behalf to get paid.

Davekc
owner
23 years
PantherII
EO moderator

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
I'm confused. Do you drive for an owner who is leased to to Jung and you took a brokered Panther load. Didn't you tell us a few weeks ago that you were on your way to Bolt for orientation? Did the Bolt gig go south?

MissouriNewbie

Seasoned Expediter
NO I am the owner They got the load from panther. This JUNG thing is my previous employer.This has been an ongoing issue hauled the load over a month ago.

and yes I was with bolt but hit a brick wall in the finance department not enough money to keep the truck rolling and keep things at the house for the wife. We are trying to sell our truck now to get them off our back and maybe pay for our fuel bill.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
It doesn'tmake much sense to me either. You keep refering to the owner who falisfied a BOL to get paid but you didn't. But then you said you eventually turned in a bol to Jung. Question who was Jung supposed to pay,you,the owner or Panther.

In your next paragraph you say you are the owner and couldn't make it with Bolt and now have to sell the truck in order to keep your home.

It would be a service to other potential newbies to describe your experiences and give examples of what went wrong for you.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
It is hard to figure this one out but I got some advice.

Document everything that happened

and get a lawyer.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I kinda get it...

He owns the truck and WAS with Jung when he took a load brokered out of Panther.

Just maybe Panther hasn't paid Jung yet snd Jung won't pay till P2 pays. Its not right but some small companys do that.
Especially with Panther as they do not pay quickly usually 90-120 days
when 30 days or less is the norm.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I don't think so as he said in his original post that he called the owner looking for his pay.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Da clown lost the BOL. Took some time to find it. In the meantime JUNG in concert w panter attemted to get administratively correct (didn't falsify i'm sure). None you clowns get paid till the BOL is recieved by the company. Dis clown wants a check in the mailbox two minutes after he found the BOL (don't work dat way)

Stepped on his crank, and is crying.

Seems very poor advice from the rest of you, woe is the poor lil contractor.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
I think "the owner" that he is referring to is the owner of Jung Express, and that he himself is an o/o. Is that correct, Missouri?

Drive Safe!

Jeff

Driver for 15 years
O/O for 13 years
OOIDA #829119

[em]"Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed." --Mark Twain[/em]

MissouriNewbie

Seasoned Expediter
COL if that is the kind of person you are and want to call me a clown then theres no need for that. I don't go around calling you names so get a life.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Thats the kind I am,an, I got a way good life. Because, I don't lose a BOL, den blame someone else for my problems.

MissouriNewbie

Seasoned Expediter
:+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ I guess i should start a circus.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The bottom line is, it's all your fault for losing the BOL. I had this happen once, very early in my expediting career. It took 4 months to get paid for that load. You're just going to have to be patient.

2pioneers

Seasoned Expediter
Well the $64000 question here is how many loads does Panther broker to other companys while I sit in a truck stop for days on end waiting or get load offers noboby wants??????????

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Well, everyone brokers occasionally. When you have a customer who wants a load picked up in 60 minutes, your only truck within three hours is waiting to get his 11 back, then you broker it or lose the customer altogether.

Drive Safe!

Jeff

Driver for 15 years
O/O for 13 years
OOIDA #829119

[em]"Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed." --Mark Twain[/em]