June Locations .....

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
At Ford in Louisville KY waiting to get unloaded. Then off to Hoppkinsville KY for a pickup heading to MI.

How did your delivery go? I was there last week, and it was awful! Just one forklift to cover 8 docks [every one with a t/t] and the production line. After waiting an hour, I approached the guy to say that dispatch wanted an update [sometimes it's even true, lol] and he literally screamed at me about having to keep production going or the fine would be $10,000 & did I have that kind of money to spend to get my truck unloaded?
Had there been a pallet jack in sight, I'd have unloaded the 2 skids myself, but I had to wait another hour for him to get to it. Another driver said he'd been waiting 4 hours already - it was his truck that got unloaded [at the rate of a couple skids per hr] while I watched.
It just blows my mind that this experience isn't unusual but is a typical delivery
at too many places, and most carriers seem to blow it off. You'd think they'd be unhappy too, if only because it makes predispatching trucks virtually impossible, and that hits their bottom line.

That's where I would've asked him who was gonna make you pay... Henry or Edsel?

Kristi

Active Expediter
At Ford in Louisville KY waiting to get unloaded. Then off to Hoppkinsville KY for a pickup heading to MI.

How did your delivery go? I was there last week, and it was awful! Just one forklift to cover 8 docks [every one with a t/t] and the production line. After waiting an hour, I approached the guy to say that dispatch wanted an update [sometimes it's even true, lol] and he literally screamed at me about having to keep production going or the fine would be $10,000 & did I have that kind of money to spend to get my truck unloaded?
Had there been a pallet jack in sight, I'd have unloaded the 2 skids myself, but I had to wait another hour for him to get to it. Another driver said he'd been waiting 4 hours already - it was his truck that got unloaded [at the rate of a couple skids per hr] while I watched.
It just blows my mind that this experience isn't unusual but is a typical delivery
at too many places, and most carriers seem to blow it off. You'd think they'd be unhappy too, if only because it makes predispatching trucks virtually impossible, and that hits their bottom line.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using EO Forums

Actually I was suprised at the fact that they got it off in about a hour and a half. We got there just as they were going to lunch so we had to wait for that. I'm glad they got our truck unloaded that quick. We were pre dispatched for the Hopkinsville p/u and it was on time limits. The lady at Ford was actually really nice.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using EO Forums

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

That would have been pretty funny, if the poor guy wasn't near hysteria already. And if I hadn't been several hours past tired and hungry myself.
I think my sense of humor gets lost on the way to delivery, & the need to be professional is all that keeps me from blowing up when it routinely takes hours to offload my 2 pcs of expedited freight, and people accept it as SOP. Crazy.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter

That would have been pretty funny, if the poor guy wasn't near hysteria already. And if I hadn't been several hours past tired and hungry myself.
I think my sense of humor gets lost on the way to delivery, & the need to be professional is all that keeps me from blowing up when it routinely takes hours to offload my 2 pcs of expedited freight, and people accept it as SOP. Crazy.

We all know that common sense isn't a common virtue. To take 2 skids off would've been too easy. I think it was a case of misery loving some company.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
In line at the "Streakin Beacon' near the Love's outside of Evansville, IN. When we are finished here we are going over to the "J" for a shower. Pick up near here this afternoon, heading for the State of LA.

jimby82

Veteran Expediter
Greensboro, NC at the TA. Was home for a week, just a little sore after so much time sitting still, lol.

ChanceMaster

Expert Expediter
Sitting @ the gate...in Jamaica (NY) Listening to the gentle sounds of aircraft on final approach.

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

Kristi

Active Expediter
Down the street from JAC in Saline MI. Have a 0400 pickup the a roundtrip to Lafayette IN. Sounds like we will be doing this run a couple of times a day for the next couple off days. 488 miles round trip with no dh except for the trip from Bowling Green OH to Saline. Makes for a decent and easy rest of the week.:D:cool:

Sent from my GT-P3113 using EO Forums

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Ontario, CA. Deliver 1000. Pre dispatched from Los Angeles to Mass. 3035 paid miles. Getting the oil changed today. Pick up on Friday.

Sent from my PG06100 using EO Forums

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm at the TA in Eaton, OH and running low on hours, which on the one hand is kind of a cool problem to have, I've been on a pretty good roll. On the other hand, I wish I wasn't having the problem so close to the weekend.

jimby82

Veteran Expediter
Headed to MA. The normally productive confines of NC: not so much this time through. Oh, well. Time to change the latitude ;)