June and load one

GuyUpNorth

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Texas state parks actually has a yearly pass that is a great deal, last c time I think it was unlimited stays for 75 bucks? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Looks like the current state park pass allows you unlimited free entry for $75 and 4 discounted campground stays. Without the free camping it's a far cry from as good a deal as it used to be.

guido4475

Not a Member
Maybe I was incorrect, I'd have to look at my 2 year old brochure. But, the way I figure it, 25 bucks, give or take, providing showers that are clean with no wait, peace and quiet, no pee or diesel odors, and a nice place to walk around and get recharged, revitalized, with electric and water, I'll take it. I really enjoy camping and the disconnect it offers from this business while I am out here.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Sitting in Ft Pierce. Was gonna go ahead and head up to the Carolinas or Atlanta or something, but Ft Pierce is juuuuust a tad south of where Tropical Storm Colin is passing. So, I think I'm good right here for another day.

A Tropical Depression is like a bad thunderstorm, with circular sustained winds of up to 38 MPH. This is a Tropical Storm, which is sustained winds of 39-73 MPH, and in this case, currently, 50 MPH sustained. It should be up over the SC coast by Tuesday 7AM, still at Topical Storm levels.

Reactions: DollarSign

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I think I would hang tight and let is pass above you. We moved the units in its path out of the way. Might create some expedites down where you are, just never know. Stay safe!

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Sitting in Jackson, GA since 0200. Three calls so far but not dispatched on anything yet.
Question: There were 3 straight trucks here this morning and we were number 1. Now we are the only truck still here and still number 1. Where did the other 2 trucks go?

GuyUpNorth

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Maybe I was incorrect, Iin d have to look at my 2 year old brochure. But, the way I figure it, 25 bucks, give or take, providing showers that are clean with no wait, peace and quiet, no pee or diesel odors, and a nice place to walk around and get recharged, revitalized, with electric and water, I'll take it. I really enjoy camping and the disconnect it offers from this business while I am out here.
I'm with you on all that. If I had known ahead of time that I would be in Texas for a week I might have done the state park thing.

guido4475

Not a Member
As I mentioned before, there is a real nice county owned state park surrounded by a lake pretty much, mostly shaded, in kearney, mo, west of the pilot . It's beautiful and perfect. Another one is on 80 in Illinois, east of the pilot in minooka. Privately owned, but real nice. Rv parky and oh! Ranger are 2 of the apps that I use. I prefer state parks over private, as I find state owned to be more better kept and clean, and cheaper. Koa and any good Sam affiliated park has rules on what kind of Rv they let in, but also more expensive.

Reactions: GuyUpNorth

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Good morning Load One! Hope Everyone had a good weekend as I did. I took the week off to spend time with my sister that I haven't seen in 4 years. Just came home from Hawaii and now her and my brother in law will be in Alaska for 4 years.

Here at the Waffle House and after this off to another venture. Hope everyone has a good day!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Not a bad Monday and a good start to a Tuesday. Hope everyone is staying safe and remember RoadCheck starts today!

Reactions: DollarSign

GuyUpNorth

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am a week into my first trip out to Texas and after two days of sitting in Laredo, followed by day number 4 in El Paso, I have to say I will be hesitant to come out here again. The load out here made for a nice check but all this sitting around is going to kill the next two paychecks.

guido4475

Not a Member
Texas is tough. I know running loads to the border towns usually comes with a longer than usual wait for a load. I've learned to try and plug in at a campground to keep costs down and remain comfortable in the heat. I'm about to do that in a couple of hours if nothing comes up. 2 offers so far in the Dallas area. It's almost 90 here but very humid. I hate this kind of weather...

GuyUpNorth

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
We are in Beasley TX. Near Houston. Just finished our run from Atlanta. We are confident dispatch will have us on another load shortly.
Not familiar with where the freight is here in Texas. Finally got a decent paying load out of El Paso that delivers in Lubbock,TX. Any chance I could get a load out of that area?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Lubbuck would be a no typically. Either Dallas or go back to El Paso and start over.