July locations, drama and weather.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
I shouldn't beech. I usually don't even sit a day. Just hard to think that soooo many posted loads go for soooo cheap. And 1/2 the trucks are hired by carriers that would CUSS a broker that wanted to pay such cheap rates.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Hello everyone, hope everyone is doing good. Havent been on here in awhile. After my trip home from Paducah Ky. Sat got a call from Nash Tn to Pittsburg Pa. Tue got a load going from Akron Oh to Charlotte Mi. Then after that got a load going from Detroit Mi to Seymour Ct. Then Lowell Ma to Detroit Mi. Telling dispatch that im needing to get home for the last three days, and all the stars lined up. Battle Creek Mi to Lexington Tn:D. Now im sitting at the Freightliner of Chatt getting the sprinter service.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Question to all sprinter drivers! Ive been getting fuel at the Pilot and the FJ. I was thinking of starting to use the TA and Petro fulltime. Any thoughts or comments plz of why you like one over the other one. I like the showers at the Pilot and FJ but credits of days on a shower doesn't last as long as the TA and Petro. Tks

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
We got a bit better fueo mileage wheb using ta/petro. We now notice the sane thing in our straight truck too. Their showers are nicer too

Sent from my VS920 4G using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

guido4475

Not a Member
We got a bit better fueo mileage wheb using ta/petro. We now notice the sane thing in our straight truck too. Their showers are nicer too

Sent from my VS920 4G using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

The fuel quality is alot higher than flying pilot. The quality is true within a petro/ t-a. In the whole truckstop.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
that's what several other drivers have told me about the fuel. I think the Pilot and FJ shower credit only last about 5 days and the TA and Petro last 7 to 10 days. If your moving a lot its not that big of a deal, but if you happen to sit awhile its a big deal. I hate to be out of shower credits and have to stand by the machine and ask drivers for a shower.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Question to all sprinter drivers! Ive been getting fuel at the Pilot and the FJ. I was thinking of starting to use the TA and Petro fulltime. Any thoughts or comments plz of why you like one over the other one. I like the showers at the Pilot and FJ but credits of days on a shower doesn't last as long as the TA and Petro. Tks
If your carrier doesn't have a discount program at TA/Petro you are paying one way or another as their fuel is always more expensive then the PFJ... it is going to take you 3 fillups to get a shower credit with the TA too you need 50 gallons...with PFJ you only need 28 gallons...

JetAgeHobo

Rookie Expediter
Waiting at a shipper for a part to be welded up so I can take it to get heat treated. Supposed to wait there about 4 hours, then bring it back. Getting paid detention pay on top of the miles. Good finish to a mediocre week.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Just lost 4 more straight at $1.00 per mile.
I don't even want to know how cheap they went for.
And YES, two of the dispatchers ARE with carriers that PROFESS not to be RATE WHXRES!!!
Lurkers, too.
Ask your girl what she just covered that load for!! Then pat her on the back and say "Good job, Whxxx!!!!"

Have a great day, hypocrite!!

Who would do a straight for a buck a mile ?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We be home. Did a PA to NS run, then MA to Rochester, NY. Then we ran to the house.

My son and granddaughter come in tomorrow, then Tuesday my mother in law and sister in law come in. LOTS of family stuff. LOTS of fishing and some time on the target range.

Truck goes in the shop Tuesday for some work on the box in prep for TVAL testing.

THEN,

we head up to Escanaba for the Michigan Ducks Unlimited convention.

WOW! It can't get much better! Of to breakfast in a minute with my Dad, brother and nieces.

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
first break ive had all week,we left sunday from athens al to el paso tx then el paso to vegas from los Angeles to detroit then detroit to atlanta over 5000 miles with the only real deadhead was vegas to los Angeles can you all say cha ching

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I mean a partial load for a TT might pay $.50/mile or it could be $2+/mile. The only way to tell usually is to call and see what they are looking for in terms of service. That Bradford load requires a team and has an 07:00 appointment for Friday so they are getting short on time which could mean it pays well. That MT load might be less than a $1/mile as Dave said or you might be able to negotiate money to get out. Sometimes you need to make 15 calls to book 1 load, it is different than Panther pre-screening loads for you but sometimes you hit the lottery.

Bainville is right on the ND border, just north of 94. Funny how some people will snub their noses at a run that just takes a little common sense to understand that it "ain't too bad," logistics-wise. Now if the pay ended up nice...

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Well I did a load of franks red hot which I had 13 cases too many and cons refused it so now I got a sleeper full of hot sauce. If you see me down i57 in illinois stop over and take a few cases.

If you happen to swing by MI, I'll take care of that Red Hot for ya! (Being serious too.)