July Locations 2011 ;) Dollas!!!

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Sitting at home in Salem, OH waiting for a load. Relaxing for the night. Had a load offer from Minerva, OH to Muncie, IN for tomorrow, but dispatch called back and said the load cancelled. :rolleyes:

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
back home after a nice day trip to buchanan to drop the van and lunch in st joe mi at shus on the lakefront. the cobb salad was very good. the old scotish bastar- dark ale was tasty as the guiness i just had. gracie had the michigan cherry salad with salmon gracie had was also good.

tumbleweeds

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Delivered in Laredo last week and was stuck in sweltering Texas until yesterday. Got a run from West Oklahoma to Detroit area. Was very glad to get the load and to get out of Texas. Spoiling ourselves in a hotel tonight and would love a run out of here in the morn. Doubtful but it could happen. At least its not nearly as hot as Texas. Even the dog wouldn't get out of the van in Laredo. The state department released a statement saying to stay out of the border area around Laredo this weekend cuz one of the cartels is planning on targeting Americans to put pressure on the Mexican government. They can't afford to loose the tourist dollars.

Glad to be in the great north country for the weekend.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The state department released a statement saying to stay out of the border area around Laredo this weekend cuz one of the cartels is planning on targeting Americans to put pressure on the Mexican government. They can't afford to loose the tourist dollars.
Well, it's not the area around Laredo on the US side, it's the area around Nuevo Laredo on the Mexican side.

McALLEN -- A warning issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety claiming that the Zetas will target American citizens traveling to Nuevo Laredo over the holiday weekend raised the eyebrows of Mexican law enforcement officials who said they hadn’t heard that news.

The DPS issued a news release Saturday morning stating that they and the Webb County Sheriff’s office were warning travelers to avoid going to Nuevo Laredo because of a possible surge in criminal activity such as robberies, extortions, car-jackings and vehicle thefts targeting U.S citizens.

The release stated that the information came from credible intelligence gathered by multiple sources and claimed that the Zetas would carry out the activities over the Fourth of July weekend.

In Tamaulipas, the state where Nuevo Laredo is located and that borders with Laredo, Texas, a state law enforcement official not authorized to speak to the media said this team had not been notified by DPS of the release nor had they received any information corroborating the statement.

“El for de que?” the official, who added his team is in touch with U.S. officials at all levels of government, said in Spanish. “We have nothing like that. We have the violent events that have become commonplace, but we have nothing that says Americans are a target. If you are in bad steps, you will get what’s coming. But they are not going to come after you only because you are from that side of the river.”

The official said civilians have been caught in the crossfire before and carjacked. But according to their investigations, the victimes were either at the wrong place at the wrong time or were in “bad steps,” he said, referring to criminal activity.

A member of the U.S. intelligence community said the threat to civilians in the northeast part of Mexico is a permanent fact that is not particular to one city or one time frame. It doesn’t get better or worse, and violent incidents can’t be predicted, he said.

In the past, DPS has issued similar warnings that didn’t pan out.

The most publicized came in early 2010, when the agency issued a statement to other law enforcement agencies saying it had unconfirmed information that the Zetas planned to blow up Falcon Dam. Authorities beefed up patrol, but the attack did not occur. In June 2010, media outlets found out about the slip-up and publicized it.

In May 2010, DPS sent an alert to other law enforcement agencies warning them of a flier allegedly found in Brownsville that claimed that the weekend of May 15-17 would be the “most violent weekend in Mexican history” because two rival gangs planned to do battle.

Law enforcement efforts in Cameron County were beefed up, but no battle occurred. The message described by DPS had appeared before in various forms. Valley Freedom Newspapers received exact copies of the flier on April 28, March 24 and March 4 of that year, but no firefights occurred.
Screen2Bshot2B2011-07-022Bat2B9.png

moose

Veteran Expediter
G.A @ exit 201, for a warned out logbook renewal. if anyone's around, 2day or 2morrow ...

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
Tracy and I have been on vacation and had planned on returning on the 5th. We don't believe we will be able to do that now. We don't even know if I will be able to return now. We will see.

Our 19 year old son dove into the shallow part of the lake and fractured #6 and 7 vertabrae. He is in Toledo Hospital currently awaiting the Neurosurgen to decide what he wants to do. He may need the vertabrae fused together. He is able to move so no nerve damage, so praise the Lord for that.

So please keep our boy in your prayers.
Thanks.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Last edited:

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
Tracy and I have been on vacation and had planned on returning on the 5th. We don't believe we will be able to d that now. We don't even know if I will be able to return now. We will see.

Our 19 year old son dove into the shallow part of the lake and fractured #6 and 7 vertabrae. He is in Toledo Hospital currently awaiting the Neurosurgen to decide what he wants to do. He may need the vertabrae fused together. He is able to move so no nerve damage, so praise the Lord for that.

Thanks.

So sorry to hear about your son ..... they can do miracles in hospitals nowadays - we hope it all turns out well for him.

Tony & Sue

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Tracy and I have been on vacation and had planned on returning on the 5th. We don't believe we will be able to do that now. We don't even know if I will be able to return now. We will see.

Thanks.

Sorry bout your son...JuJu and I will include your son in our prayers...

paullud

Veteran Expediter

Thanks.

My wife and I will pray for the best possible outcome in this difficult time. Hopefully he along with his friends have learned a valuable lesson so no one else has to go through the worry and pain.

The Enemy

Veteran Expediter

Thanks.

Laura, if you and Tracy need anything, just let Jen and I know, we are just north of you in Detroit. Hope things will start looking up for your son soon.

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
Neurosurgeon just came in and said he doesn't believe that surgery will be needed. He going to do some more range of motion exrays of his neck to etermine the stregnth of the legimates around the neck. He may send home with a neck brace for several weeks. Then follow up visit. We will know more later today after the exrays.

I can't thank the Lord more. The Lord is good!

We are going to have a huge hospital bill from this. We have no insurance, but that is the least of our worries. We are more concerned with Joseph healing back to his old self as soon as possible.