July 2010 Locations

guido4475

Not a Member
At the house, will probably go into service tomarrow, playing catch up on alot of things here.Had to go to the urgent care yesterday,but what blew me away about the whole ordeal is my blood pressure....126/70. The doctor even did it twice to make sure it is right.Please understand, I am not a small person by any means, and smoke sometimes 1.5 packs a day.The only thing I can put it on is the vitamins or prayer,I dont know.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
At the house, will probably go into service tomarrow, playing catch up on alot of things here.Had to go to the urgent care yesterday,but what blew me away about the whole ordeal is my blood pressure....126/70. The doctor even did it twice to make sure it is right.Please understand, I am not a small person by any means, and smoke sometimes 1.5 packs a day.The only thing I can put it on is the vitamins or prayer,I dont know.

I think it is the Popeyes or the Church's chicken myself...:D

guido4475

Not a Member
You know, there isnt one of those places within a 13 mile radius of the house, and I was just telling my girlfreind how much of a success one of those places would be out here.And now that you mention it,I have the craving at this moment..

Just got done washing the fins on all of the coolers on the front of the van, and am amazed at how much dirt has accumulated since spring.Alot came out.That air conditioning coil cleaner really does work.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We finish up at FedEx today, then we have to head home. :( We planning on being back in service today but a stubborn electrical problem is acting up on the truck. I am losing lights. I have NOT be able to pin down where the problem is, SO, we will put the truck in the shop this afternoon. Darn, this silly stuff gets old.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
You know, there isnt one of those places within a 13 mile radius of the house, and I was just telling my girlfreind how much of a success one of those places would be out here.And now that you mention it,I have the craving at this moment..

Just got done washing the fins on all of the coolers on the front of the van, and am amazed at how much dirt has accumulated since spring.Alot came out.That air conditioning coil cleaner really does work.

13 miles!!! :eek: You starve out where I live...closest McD's is about 150 miles.....*LOL*

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Dropped in Fredericktown Oh at 0430, ran down to the "J" off I-71 in Berkshire Oh to get some sleep and that is where I am now....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dropped in Fredericktown Oh at 0430, ran down to the "J" off I-71 in Berkshire Oh to get some sleep and that is where I am now....

A lot of small runs eh? Me too...on my 4th of the week and it is only Tuesday...I need some meat on the bones soon...*L*

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Yeap and another short run.. DH to Wadsworth 86 mile....deliver to Maumee...116 miles... at least it pay the same for all miles...so the pay ain't bad...

guido4475

Not a Member
Actually I unloaded in El Paso just over a week ago from a mini, then they sent me an em to LA since freight suddenly died out in El Paso because of the gang killings on the other side. So I got to LA sat for two days and nothing. Stopped in Las Vegas to check it out on the way out and I got as far as Tucumcari, NM and Panther hit me with a load going back down to El Paso. Apparently another driver had broken down with a bad alternator (thus was how I met Dancorn) and they really needed my help. I told them 500$ flat. And here I am back in good ol' El Paso. I feel like eating salsa and chips LOL I actually got 400$ for the load and a 100$ em to dallas so I will try my luck there after my clothes get done. Where has all the freight gone?!

Get out of Texas and stay east of the Miss. in a van.You'll be better off that way, I'm just saying.

gsmacker

Seasoned Expediter
Finallly made it outta the bean field for a day........
Been really busy this season and the $$$ is good. I am actually thinkin of buyin a van and being an owner. Hope everyone is being safe and is gettin all the miles they want. I close friday at 1600 on my house. 3 months of paperwork from the mortgage and reality companies. Nothing like waiting around. I only have 24 days till I'm married:eek::D:D:D

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Finallly made it outta the bean field for a day........
Been really busy this season and the $$$ is good. I am actually thinkin of buyin a van and being an owner. Hope everyone is being safe and is gettin all the miles they want. I close friday at 1600 on my house. 3 months of paperwork from the mortgage and reality companies. Nothing like waiting around. I only have 24 days till I'm married:eek::D:D:D

Congrats on the home and the upcoming wedding. Buy the van that way when she kicks you out you have a place to sleep.

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
hey xig man hows arkansas? my sprinter is supposed to be done tonight i hope...so i should be out there sometime this week...

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Arkansas is boring or at least the walmart lot. If I don't get something by 6 or so I will need to consider moving. Hope the sprinter is ready bud, I know you must be going crazy.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Dropped in Fort Smith AK yesterday morning. I'm still there.

go to the history museum, ride the trolley,,its really fun. Was there last week, took my grandson with me. we had a blast.:D Currently Im in Terre Haute In, across from the Pilot in the wal mart lot, peaceful here, gonna rain.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
sky wrote:

bolt is paying 95 cents a mile gang. on cv

nope, that run was $.93, but the one i am on now is at $.86 for all miles...the $.93 was for a long run no DH miles pay..the $.86 is for a sshort run, but all miles paid at the lower rate...kind of a wash i guess...but all in all no complains here...