Joys of truck stops

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Tonight I'm sitting in a near empty truck stop waiting for a manufacture down the road to finish up with their parts to take to the great north east.

Last night the place filled up because of the storms going through. I had a truck sitting three spots down and it sounded like they were applying their brakes every four minutes, holding them and then releasing them.

Today I moved to a nice shady place in the corner so to beat the 85 degree heat.

Tonight I was sitting enjoying the great up wind breeze and then here comes some idiot pulling in right next to me. With 300 spots open, he has to pull next to me. I really didn't care I still had the breeze but then there was some horrible noise that was not just loud but vibrated the truck. His governor would start taking on pressure and it would let out a loud hiss as it would build up air and then let out one LOUD BANG. It would do this every 5 minutes so I moved across the truck stop.

I enjoy my truck, I get to take it to all kinds of places in, like Cow fields, where they make Corvettes and even drove passed Congress a few times to wave at them but nothing is so great as not getting any sleep in a truck stop on a rainy night.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I thought this was gonna be about lot lizards named Joy. Oh, well, no Joy.

It's usually pretty quiet out where the cargo vans park. :D

Last edited:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Sorry I get enough of that, they see the signs and think I'm rich.

I was out front, but there really isn't any room.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
If Greg is parked in Mudville he ain't gonna find no Joy.

Yes it is and let's keep it that way!

yeah..they want to play with the big trucks let them park out back where they belong....lousy steekin smelly straights any hows...
:D