January 2019 NewYear of the # 1

guido4475

Not a Member
So this girl im talking to told me this today, which I never heard of....and, of course, I have chicken in the crock pot simmering in chicken broth....lol

"Awe I'm so sorry. I hope she gets better. There were great tips. Are you having a pork roast today. Remember no chicken because chicken scratches the ground and you will be scratching for money all year long."

Just my luck, welcome to my world...lol

Time to get a shower and visit mom in the hospital. The doctor found a bunch of things wrong with her.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Sorrry to hear that.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Happy New Year :)

New years eve I got a nice paying (short) shorty lol. Paid my expenses for the week plus some, so that was good.
At the receiver I had a little (stupid) mishap.
It was raining and windy, I waited till the last second to open my rear doors. I was parked between 2 yellow cement pylons. Opened the first door, carefully checked for door clearance of the pylon as I normally do.
Went to open the 2nd door quickly as rain was now blowing in. Apparently, I didn't see or forgot about the other pylon in my hast. The result was me slamming my forearm between the the pylon and the door.

19189265-cartoon-ouch.jpg
I have a pretty high pain tolerance, but dang, that hurt.
Still pretty sore and bruising has started, but I think I'll survive :rolleyes:

Finding myself now at the half way point from civilization, I debated on just heading back south from where I came from or continue northward. I opted to head north. I needed a change of scenery anyways :rolleyes:
After I got settled in, another line of heavy winds and rain came through.
The van was a rocking :D

Just as I was about to start making dinner, I got a load picking up 113 miles to the west heading to the yard.
Good rate, and a 3 pound box to boot, I'm game :D

While traveling near Chicago land on 80, I was treated to empty roads and a pretty nice fireworks display as they rang in the new year.

Pretty uneventful trip. OOS now as I have some things to take care of this week, then back at it.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Happy New Year to everyone at Load One and live from Texas Roadhouse! Since I didn't have a good Christmas and New Year's Eve meal, I'm treating myself this evening!

Looks like I'll be back in service Wednesday or Thursday to start off the New Year! I'm wishing the best for everyone here at Load One for 2019! After looking at the numbers, very impressed with what I'm seeing and hopefully 2019 will be even better!

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Happy New Year to everyone at Load One and live from Texas Roadhouse! Since I didn't have a good Christmas and New Year's Eve meal, I'm treating myself this evening!

Looks like I'll be back in service Wednesday or Thursday to start off the New Year! I'm wishing the best for everyone here at Load One for 2019! After looking at the numbers, very impressed with what I'm seeing and hopefully 2019 will be even better!
What'd you order?

guido4475

Not a Member

What'd you order?

He ordered filet mignon....lmao lobster...crab....lmao

No, better yet, waffles...pancakes....bbbwwaa!!....lol

I know, always a smart azz....lol

Last edited:

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator

What'd you order?

What'd you order?

Ok I ordered the combo appetizer and the 8oz fillet with rib combo. The sides were mashed potatoes with brown gravy and green beans. To drink I had Water with lemon and Sweet Tea with lemon ;) The bill wasn't bad $43.53 was the total.

Nothing was left and nothing went in the Fridge! All eaten there! I would upload the pics but there too big, LOL.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
After looking at the numbers, very impressed with what I'm seeing and hopefully 2019 will be even better!

I'm not as optimistic for 2019, but that said, 2018 was another personal record breaking year. Considering I took off all of September and a few other multi-week times off, I'm very pleased with the end results.

Always like when pay exceeds miles ;)

guido4475

Not a Member

What'd you order?

What'd you order?

Ok I ordered the combo appetizer and the 8oz fillet with rib combo. The sides were mashed potatoes with brown gravy and green beans. To drink I had Water with lemon and Sweet Tea with lemon ;) The bill wasn't bad $43.53 was the total.

Nothing was left and nothing went in the Fridge! All eaten there! I would upload the pics but there too big, LOL.

I eat only one thing there. The fall off the bone ribs. I order a whole slab, baked potato, green beans, and a milk with ice in it. I also ask for a take out foam thingee because upon delivery, i immediately cut the slab in half (OVM mode) and put it in the box for the next days meal.

The struggle is real.

It is nice to work for a great paying company as to where we can afford these kinds of meals, instead of heating up Ramen noodles in a truckstop microwave.

guido4475

Not a Member
After looking at the numbers, very impressed with what I'm seeing and hopefully 2019 will be even better!

I'm not as optimistic for 2019, but that said, 2018 was another personal record breaking year. Considering I took off all of September and a few other multi-week times off, I'm very pleased with the end results.

Always like when pay exceeds miles ;)

I had a great year as well. For the last 8 years at Load One, my pay has always exceeded my miles. In fact, my average ALL MILE pay for the 8 years at Load One has been close to, if not at $1.00 a mile. I dont bounce around much.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Good morning back at my desk in Taylor trying to get out from under all the mail, reports, emails and stuff to get caught up on. 2018 was a good year for the company. 2019 prediction is cloudier...I fear deadlock in DC can totally hamper economic growth and the recovery.

Reactions: ntimevan

guido4475

Not a Member
Good morning back at my desk in Taylor trying to get out from under all the mail, reports, emails and stuff to get caught up on. 2018 was a good year for the company. 2019 prediction is cloudier...I fear deadlock in DC can totally hamper economic growth and the recovery.

And to think...all of this over a wall that the ......say we cant afford, but yet, we are currently spending more on border security, which would be drastically reduced if we had the wall.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
2019 prediction is cloudier...I fear deadlock in DC can totally hamper economic growth and the recovery.

And to think...all of this over a wall that the ......say we cant afford, but yet, we are currently spending more on border security, which would be drastically reduced if we had the wall.
I agree with Mr. E! It could, most likely will be a cloudy 2019 and 2020 for sure unless they can work together. I think it's not over the wall, its because the Democrats win the House and they dont like this President!

Hes a smart man just like Mr. E and I think at the end of this it will be okay!

guido4475

Not a Member
Nothing better than a clean van. Igmfound a great self serve wash in Howell. Ready for the warm sunshine and warm temps tomorrow. I had to laugh, as the weathergirl on t.v. this morning stated that we are in a "snow drought"....lmao.

The kind of drought I'll gladly take.

And why does the load One robo thing get rid of the load information screen so quickly?

And why is the time setting on the Load One app on my phone still set on central time?..

And if nothing sticks to teflon, how does teflon stick to the pan?

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Since I've been wearing long sleeves, I guess I haven't been paying much attention to the arm smashing incident I had on Tuesday, Just grabbed a quick shave, pulled up my sleeves to reveal a nice 3x5 inch bruise. Glad I'm not on blood thinners anymore, it would look really nasty lol.

Reactions: jelliott