January 2019 NewYear of the # 1

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I sat in the Dallas area for 4 days and only got two calls. I decided I'm going to cut my losses and go home. We're taking Tiffany to Disney world next week for three days.
I'm going to have to rethink going to Texas again.

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I sat in the Dallas area for 4 days and only got two calls. I decided I'm going to cut my losses and go home. We're taking Tiffany to Disney world next week for three days.
I'm going to have to rethink going to Texas again.

Its the state of freight volume right now....not the state. Its sloooooooowly creeping back up.

Reactions: ntimevan

guido4475

Not a Member
I'm optimistic that next month will be better.

I am too. Hoping this is the old school seasonal slow down and things pick back up. Govt is open again, and I think they need to get a trade deal done with China too.

I think the Democrats need to stop being so ignorant and realize it costs this nation more for border security that it would cost building the wall, is what I think. But, they are showing their mentality, once again....lol. quit wasting your time fighting the president and his efforts and concentrate on making this country great again !!!

Last edited:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got a 5am wake up call that put me into instant panic mode.

The call was from my home alarm company, oh crap! :eek:

Got a sigh of relief, that it was not a break in, but a freeze temperature alarm was triggered.
First time I ever got one of those. I'd rather deal with that ;)

Oddly, I had just checked the house temp last night.
I have 2 temp senors, 1 downstairs and 1 upstairs (which gets little to no direct heat).
I have my wimpy furnace set for 50F while away. The App will show the average temperature between the 2, which at yesterday's check was 44F.

I checked the local temp in Port Huron after the call.
-9F, -35F wind chill. Ok, that's a little cold :D

The App said the average temp was now 40F, not too much I can do about that now, figuring the furnace is most likely still working under the strain, or just died, so went back to sleep.

Looked deeper into what was going on when I got up.

Home temp had raised by 2 degrees, so pretty much sure the furnace is still working.
After checking each sensor temp, downstairs was at 49F confirming the furnace was working.
The upstairs sensor (which was what triggered the alarm) was at 40F.

Checking the settings, 40F was the trigger point, so I changed the upstairs one to 32F to avoid a repeat alarm.

Even with the scare, still amazed how technology lets me instantly stay connected with my home, even when I'm 886 miles away :D

Now back to enjoying a 52F sunny day in Alabama ;)

Last edited:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
With the driver cam, are we able to log into Netradyne? Selecting the option on the App has you download the Driveri App that needs log in information. Since I have the cam, pretty interested in seeing what's been going on.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
With the driver cam, are we able to log into Netradyne? Selecting the option on the App has you download the Driveri App that needs log in information. Since I have the cam, pretty interested in seeing what's been going on.

Working on that still....its coming... :)

Reactions: RoadTime