January 2019 NewYear of the # 1

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
I picked up a load today in Gainesville FL.
When I looked on the app there's no green pin showing for a load in Gainesville FL.
Is the app malfunctioning?

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app
I noticed that most of my loads if not all from the TN office do not show up on the app as a green pin.

We are all on one system so that shouldnt be possible? The system automatically updates the app every few minutes for loads, it isnt anything an office can do or not do or control.

Haven't gotten a load from TN office this year, but I am going to pay attention when I do.

Reactions: jelliott

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Straight truck at Load One will cure that itch. Hehe.

That's a option still on the table ;)

I may (again) consider driving for a owner 1st, before buying one, to gather real world numbers to better justify the cost/risk of ownership.

I can only take hypothetical numbers so far, and so far, it's not a slam dunk :rolleyes:

So you want to go from being as free as bird in a van to going into a straight, with the government dictating what you can and cant do, when and where? Have you lost youre mind?.lol..have you gone bonkers???...lol..

Total freedom comes at a huge price. The benefits of giving up the total freedom far far outweigh the inconvenience. Let's just say that after 3 years in the straight the only regret I have is that I didn't switch sooner. I might go back to a van when I retire since I will not need to make money any longer.

Reactions: RoadTime

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I agree. I think the straight is the way to go. It has a harder barrier to entry so less competition in it. Yes you have regulations and the such....but you also have the good that comes with those. But it really comes down to what is right for every individual. I just see the van market flooded with the low barrier to entry (thanks penske, lol). Combine that with the multi carrier model and lack of proper insurance and it just makes a tough market harder.

guido4475

Not a Member
Straight truck at Load One will cure that itch. Hehe.

I may (again) consider driving for a owner 1st, before buying one, to gather real world numbers to better justify the cost/risk of ownership.

I can only take hypothetical numbers so far, and so far, it's not a slam dunk :rolleyes:

So you want to go from being as free as bird in a van to going into a straight, with the government dictating what you can and cant do, when and where? Have you lost youre mind?.lol..have you gone bonkers???...lol..

Total freedom comes at a huge price. The benefits of giving up the total freedom far far outweigh the inconvenience. Let's just say that after 3 years in the straight the only regret I have is that I didn't switch sooner. I might go back to a van when I retire since I will not need to make money any longer.

And I'm just the opposite. I wish I would of done the van thing sooner, enjoying keeping more of the money that I make. Less regulation. More simplicity. Lower cost of operation. Sure, pay is less, but not that much less when you compare cost of operation, the hours of service rules that limit the flexibility that a straight has, etc. Parking challenges, time fueling, time waiting in line to get oil changes, services, etc.

Reactions: jelliott

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator

And I'm just the opposite. I wish I would of done the van thing sooner, enjoying keeping more of the money that I make. Less regulation. More simplicity. Lower cost of operation. Sure, pay is less, but not that much less when you compare cost of operation, the hours of service rules that limit the flexibility that a straight has, etc. Parking challenges, time fueling, time waiting in line to get oil changes, services, etc.

More than half of what you mention here is of no consequence at all. But hey, I'm happy that it works for you. I know what works for me. I truly enjoy keeping double of my earnings for the same amount of work. My new slogan: Drive less, keep more.

guido4475

Not a Member

More than half of what you mention here is of no consequence at all. But hey, I'm happy that it works for you. I know what works for me. I truly enjoy keeping double of my earnings for the same amount of work. My new slogan: Drive less, keep more.

"Drive less keep more" pretty much sums up Load One as a whole. Its smart business.

And than of course, there are those who will never comprehend that way of thinking....poke, poke..lol..

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I truly enjoy keeping double of my earnings...

ceba623f9ce9cbdf63fff0c00e4067bbe71a09360a8573b2e0684ab797a20a73.jpg

Since I had to scratch my head over that statement for minute, I couldn't resist, but I know what you meant ;)

Freedom lost? Inconveniences? IDK, depends how you look at it.
Living as a glorified homeless person in a van doesn't scream freedom to me :rolleyes:
This month being my worst ever isn't helping matters. Straight truck would be my happy medium, but keeping all options open.

Reactions: ntimevan

guido4475

Not a Member
Trying to get rid of this cold I caught when I was home. I think it is evading me.

Absolutely beautiful today. Washed the van after I made dinner. 4 bucks at a self serve place here in Lebanon.

Just got done watching "Fatal Attraction" the whole while thinking that they really need to make this movie required viewing to couples considering marriage. I bet it would reduce infidelity statistics by 50%, minimum. Glenn Close is definitely a mental freakshow in this movie. She aint right.

Reactions: Ragman and RoadTime

guido4475

Not a Member
Okay, all showered up and smelling better than .....than.....than....ready for the day, so stay outta my way, the southern freight is all mine!!!!...lol..

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Newest update for IOS version of app does have load offer history added. As well built in scanning module is hopefully improved as we have partnered with camscanner on it. Android also has load offer history and we are working on integrating camscanner into Android now.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well we are paying a small fortune to buy it and integrate it to the app so really hoping it works awesome!!!!

Reactions: ntimevan