It's just June.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well so much for down grading my van from RV status

Completed building my permanent bed.
6 inch memory foam topper airing out. Very comfy.

3bda79affb152ba1030a20eb98a5c014.jpg

Tomorrow will be installing a 24inch 1080p HD TV/DVD combo unit.

I guess I'm finally doing things I wish I would have done years ago

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
I have been looking for another company. Can you tell me who you are leaving at .60 pm so I will not make that mistake? These recruiters are something else when they are trying to get you to work for them.

So I left bolt 2 weeks ago... signed on with metro out of Athens Tennessee as I know a couple folk there who claim they ran well with good rates... going into Laredo $.75 out of Laredo $.60 I lost on both ends! Also got the speech of its normal and I laughed at them... at least this pays me to get either home or another orientation ! I hate carrier changes but I don't get the best of gut feelings on this one .

Pay is 80% of invoice .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, so they're running about 100% board freight. They're not lying. We can usually get 70 out of Laredo but if you jump too quick out of "the pit" it gets cheap!!!!

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I pay my $1M liability and $100,000 cargo in full at the beginning of every year.
I am just tired of these companies wanting $75 - $125 wk for deductions and one good one was charge the o/o for their signs to advertise for them.
If you are paying your own insurance what deductions are running you $75 - $125 per week?
I never heard of a carrier charging weekly for signs. I am aware of carriers requiring signage and charging for installing signs. When I was on percentage pay, signage was optional and we got paid an extra 1 or 1½ percent, I don't recall exactly, for running with signs. We did have to pay an initial installation fee.

Last edited:

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well that got done with only minor issues (like the hotel wouldn't accept the freight, nobody was there for the convention yet)

Somebody tell Washington the Amazon Rainforest called and wants their trees back. Seriously, a beautiful city. I even got to wait in the shade and the breeze, unmolested by authorities on a closed street before they showed up to accept the freight (hotel said u gotta move), and the Secret Service didn't show up until I was already leaving. Who knew they have their own marked cars?
Screenshot_20170606-091626.png IMG_20170606_0912572.jpg
Saw a VIP get the full treatment racing thru the streets, 15 motorcycle cops, a few cruisers, 2 limos then the full assault vehicles and a troop transport and riot truck doing about 60 mph...i'm going to imagine it was Trump returning from golf...

Everybody was happy and I left the madness for a 14 hour nap at Pilot in somewhere, Maryland. Heading toward home, this kinda took me out of the local loop, it was a nice change!

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Waiting to Unload at Pedro's ...7.30 am
Got here last night at 7.15 pm .. security guard was open ... Juanita was there for paperwork checkin ..... BUT ... Jose the forklift driver was sent home 15 minutes ago .... Please come back at 8 am ....
So i hooked to idleair for 10 hours of great sleep and now back at Pedro's ....

Updated .... Empty

hauling freight from a Pond near you

Last edited:

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What about the cost for your ins on the van?
See previous post by Moot and my replies, but, yes I pay insurance mysely @ $10,000+ year so it is, I agree, an issue to be considered.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using EO Forums mobile app
Usually I post as I read each post individually. Didn't see Moot's post until after I had already posted it. This is not the first time it has happened and probably won't be the last.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well that got done with only minor issues (like the hotel wouldn't accept the freight, nobody was there for the convention yet)

Somebody tell Washington the Amazon Rainforest called and wants their trees back. Seriously, a beautiful city. I even got to wait in the shade and the breeze, unmolested by authorities on a closed street before they showed up to accept the freight (hotel said u gotta move), and the Secret Service didn't show up until I was already leaving. Who knew they have their own marked cars?

Saw a VIP get the full treatment racing thru the streets, 15 motorcycle cops, a few cruisers, 2 limos then the full assault vehicles and a troop transport and riot truck doing about 60 mph...i'm going to imagine it was Trump returning from golf...

Everybody was happy and I left the madness for a 14 hour nap at Pilot in somewhere, Maryland. Heading toward home, this kinda took me out of the local loop, it was a nice change!
Actually it was probably Obama returning from his daily golf outing.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
hard to imagine a $900 a month insurance payment plus van payment...holy cow
1200 miles @ .75 = $900..even if van payment was 1/2 the insurance bill...
you'd have to run 1800 miles to AND that doesn't include the cost to run them 1800 miles...
you'd probably have to run at least another 300 miles to pay for the first 1800 miles, now up to 2100 miles..and you haven't made a penny.....still have to add on other expenses as well...

heck you'd need an oil change before you made any money!! LOL

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
hard to imagine a $900 a month insurance payment plus van payment...holy cow
1200 miles @ .75 = $900..even if van payment was 1/2 the insurance bill...
you'd have to run 1800 miles to AND that doesn't include the cost to run them 1800 miles...
you'd probably have to run at least another 300 miles to pay for the first 1800 miles, now up to 2100 miles..and you haven't made a penny.....still have to add on other expenses as well...
Thats why I think its just Better to retire in SD... live the easy life ... and let the ( i wanna go Broke ) newbies just jump into this business .... of course this includes Retired people from New Jersey also .

hauling freight from a Pond near you

Status
Not open for further replies.